Midwesterners -- Columbus Paddy's Day bash!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaleBlueDot

War Child
Hey guys -- Would anyone here be up for a Paddy's Day bash in Columbus, OH on March 15th?

Zoo Station is playing at the local Fado's pub, and they're kind of making a big party out of it. Fado's is in a really nice, really big shopping area that will make a great place to just sort of hang out before or after the show. Paddy's Day is my 2nd favorite holiday (Christmas is everyone's first, lol), and this is definitely how I want to spend it this year. :sexywink: :yes: :D

Who's interested? Show of hands? :wave:

Dot.

I'm already here in Columbus so you can more than likely count me in. I havent been to Fado's yet and Easton would be a great place to meet up before hand. Lots of good shopping and food places. None of my close friends share my love of U2 so it would be great to catch up with some fellow fans!

:shocked:

Wow, I never got the chance to meet any fellow U2 fans while I was still in Columbus. I lived there for three years. How the heck did I miss you?! :confused: :huh:

Kariann said:
I have no idea! I knew there had to be more of us here but hard to find! We should definitely try to get together.

Where did you escape to from Columbus?

Nowhere that exciting -- South Bend, IN. My hometown. :)

Oh come on, Gabe! You can come! It's six hours for me, too, and I'm going! You can dooo iiiiiiittt!!! :hyper: :yes: :hyper: :yes:

Nope, the Columbus College of Art and Design. But I could only take it for about a year, lol. After I left CCAD, I stayed in the Columbus area for a little over a year, did the whole real-world, paying rent thing. It was a good experience.

Cool thanks for answering! I'm always kind of curious what brings people here...guess it's because I've lived here most of my life and found it kind of dull. It's come a long way the past few years. I used to date a guy that went to CCAD a few years ago and he only went for a year as well.

I dont know if it would be 21 and up or not. Fado's is a restaurant/pub type place so normally it isnt. I did go through the Easton Town Center site and they list they are having parties that weekend but no details yet. I have never been there noone will go with me!

PaleBlueDot may have more info but since I'm here in town I'm keeping an eye out. I'll probably end up at Easton sometime this week to do some shopping. I go to B&N quite often and it's across the street I guess you could say from Fado's.

we tried to go in a fado's in chicago and they kicked us out...but maybe it's different for the show...:shrug:

That Fado's is definitely 21 and up -- I tried to get in before I turned 21. They also had one of those big events (like this one) and that was 21 and over too. If it's at night, I think you can pretty much assume it's 21 and over...but it couldn't kill us to ask. ::shrugs::

Oh here's all the 411 for those who are coming. Fado is at Easton Town Center (www.eastontowncenter.com) on the N/E part of Columbus, OH. The night starts at 6 and the band takes the stage at 9 and will play 'till 1AM. Admission is going to be somewhere between $5 and $10. I heard the money is going to a children's cancer charity of some sort but I'm not entirely sure. 21+ only.

For those who've never been to Easton, it's a really huge shopping mall (indoor and outdoor) and a GREAT place to just walk around and hang out at night. Some great restaurants there, too. So you might want to come early and just sorta hang out a bit.

Anyway, I hope a lot of you guys are coming!! We all need to meet up and schmooze a bit! ;) I'll be wearing a green shirt that says "UNLUCKY" (lol) and I'll probably be hanging out around the band -- at least when they're not playing lol.

Dot.

PaleBlueDot and Kariann,

You both are located in Columbus? I'm not in the metropolitan area, but at a mailing suburb west of Columbus. I go to Ohio University, (yeah makes sense what with Ohio State only about fifteen minutes away from my doorstep .) This quarter's been pretty heavy so I've sacrificed some things like Interference, weekends, etc...

Anyway, I just happened to be lurking so I thought I'd say hello!

Easton would've rocked. Hope you had fun.

wannabe said:
PaleBlueDot and Kariann,

You both are located in Columbus? I'm not in the metropolitan area, but at a mailing suburb west of Columbus. I go to Ohio University, (yeah makes sense what with Ohio State only about fifteen minutes away from my doorstep .) This quarter's been pretty heavy so I've sacrificed some things like Interference, weekends, etc...

Anyway, I just happened to be lurking so I thought I'd say hello!

Easton would've rocked. Hope you had fun.

I used to live in the Columbus area -- In German Village. Went to CCAD for a year. I have rellies in Blacklick and I visit them a lot. So that's where I was staying. ::nods::

Re: ZooStn

gabrielvox said:
Sooooo

Dot and Kariann..

Am I gonna see you this weekend?

;) :wink:

www.zoostation.biz

Dot knows why....shhhh....lol...

And sssssshhhhhh!! It's a secret, dammit!

At least, I THINK it's a secret.... :huh: :der:

And dude, wtf is up with their website?? Every time I load the main page it downloads a song file that makes no music. What gives? :confused: I think someone should tell them it's fooked up. :nods:

Last edited:
Um...I suppose I should drop in here and let everyone know it was a great show. They really, really rocked it out on some of those songs. I can't wait to hear the recording back again. Felix and Jeff had a ton of synergy too.

It was funny, at one point Chris stopped to thank everyone for coming. And he thanked the group that came all the way from Toronto, and then he looks at me and goes "and thanks to Bridget for coming all the way from...Where? Indiana?" and I nodded. But I guess he didn't get it, and he knows I have a tendancy to move around a bit, lol, so he said, "Where are you right now?" and I jokingly pointed down, like as if to say, "Right here." And so he goes, "And thanks to Bridget for coming all the way from Columbus!" lol!

Back
Top Bottom