MERGED --> When will Cleveland II be? + Rock Hall Celebration (Spring)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll definitely be there. And saying this for the second time, I'm glad to live in Cleveland. Cleveland l was my first time saying i was glad to live here...now I get to be happy and say it again.

~Katelyn

"love...lift me up out of these blues..won't you tell me something true..I believe in you..."

Ok so I've been in contact with someone who talked to the Hard Rock about having a band play for a fan gathering again like last time. Word is that the band is Exit. They are also looking for another U2 tribute band to play. They tried Elevation again but I don't think they're available.

beezd26 said:
Ok so I've been in contact with someone who talked to the Hard Rock about having a band play for a fan gathering again like last time. Word is that the band is Exit. They are also looking for another U2 tribute band to play. They tried Elevation again but I don't think they're available.

yea my friend called and emailed the Hard Rock a week ago and they told her that they were in the process of booking Exit. And actually Danno was the one who told her that Exit was playing...so she emailed the Hard Rock to make sure. Hmm..maybe they should get Zoo Station for the other U2 tribute band. Those guys are incredible.

~Katelyn

EXIT in CLeveland

EXIT will be playing at the Hard Rock Cafe in Cleveland, OH

They are scheduled to preform on Saturday, June 14th at 10:00pm to Midnight.

If you haven't already had a chance to see EXIT perform, you are in for a real treat. These girls ROCK!!

Check out their website: exit-band

Check out their fansite: u2lafans

True, EXIT are coming out of retirement to play for fans in Cleveland at the Hard Rock Cafe on June 14th. They will be there for the "Celebration" anyway, so how could they refuse to play. It's a fitting way to go out, at what is going to be the Mother of All U2 Fan Events! Now fans from around the world will get a chance to enjoy what we in L.A. have had the privilege of experiencing for the past two years. What I love is that they play covers not copies. It's a unique blend of U2 classics and original material from pretty girls who can kick major arse! As one reviewer in Los Angeles put it: " People who are clearly there as U2 fans suddenly become EXIT fans." And that's a good thing... a very good thing!

For more on EXIT, please visit my fan site at http://www.u2lafans.com

and check out their new official page at
http://www.exit-band.com

Thanks!
Andi

Elevation (Canada) are pleased to announce that, following their recent and very successful St. Patrick's Day shows in Las Vegas,
they have accepted an invitation to perform at the prestigious Hard Rock Cafe in Cleveland on Saturday June 14th at 10:00pm.

This performance will showcase U2's amazing 25 year career. Get ready for a trip through the years!

Check out our website - www.u2tributeband.com - for the latest news about this exciting event!

Elevation's performance is part of the second U2 Fan Celebration at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland which attracted thousands of U2 fans from all over the world when it first took place in February this year. The event kicks off on the evening of Friday June 13th with the highly-rated California-based U2 tribute/original band "EXIT" (www.exit-band.com).

Elevation is proud to be associated with Exit, the Hard Rock Cafe in Cleveland and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The entire event promises to be essential for any U2 fan.

:hyper:

That is totally cool!! It promises to be a super fun weekend. EXIT - Friday Night. The U2 Fan Celebration all Saturday. And then Elevation - Saturday night. What more could a U2 fan ask for!?!

Well, maybe I could think of one thing...:bono: :edge: :adam: :larry:

Last edited:
I am definitely coming to this! And I get to dance w. Elevation too! :hyper: :dance: (there's enough metal on that costume to get me in serious trouble at the border!!) :eek:

I just wish I could go to the Pleba convention too... :(

Mrs. Edge said:
I am definitely coming to this! And I get to dance w. Elevation too! :hyper: :dance: (there's enough metal on that costume to get me in serious trouble at the border!!) :eek:

I just wish I could go to the Pleba convention too... :(

Are you the bellydancer for Elevation Canada? I'm the dancer for Elevation USA. If you are I just wanted to tell you that I've seen pics of you and I absolutely love your costume. Mine is just make shift because I was told by my boyfriend, the guitarist for Elevation USA, that I needed to get one before they played at Cleveland I so I had a whole week to make one. I hope to be getting a new one as soon as I can work cause they are a bit pricy. I hope to see you in Cleveland, not sure if i can go yet.

Why yes, I am! Hi! :wave: Sorry to have missed you on the first trip to Cleveland, and please come and introduce yourself if you are able to come this time.

Thank you for the compliment about my costume. It cost me a fortune but I have got so much use out of it, it was well worth it. It was hand made in Egypt I believe. It's starting to get kind of frayed around the edges though, so I might have to look into getting another one. I look forward to seeing yours when you get it.

:)

Yes it would be Egyptian. The skirt is definetly a trademark of that style. I was looking for one very similar to that but I had no luck. Best of luck to you in Cleveland. The gig is so much fun and the fans are great. They may be asking you to teach them some bellydance lessons because they want to learn the dance that melts Bono heart. It's gonna be crazy!!!!

Thank you!!! I must say, I am by no means a belly dancing expert of any kind. I took a crash course from a Lebanese teacher (who also runs a costume shop, thus the costume) but I basically am from the Morleigh school of doing your own choreography. I have taken 16 or so years of ballet, so I can fake it! LOL! ;)

Speaking of my costume, here's a pic that Brady (our Bono) just sent me from a recent show that we thought was quite U2 esque.

I really hope I will be able to meet you in Cleveland and I just can't wait for this show...although I am going to be very nervous, especially if a fellow dancer is there! :eek:

Attachments

• dancer2.jpg
    dancer2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 32
I can get the pic cause I'm not a premium member. I really need to get on that. You can email me at beezd26@hotmail.com or if you have IM my screename is beezd06 or MystWaysU2. Oh and don't worry I only know a little bit about bellydancing. I'm actually a soccer player who loves to go clubbing. I've had some Latin dance lessons and everything else I've picked up from music videos or instructional videos. So you are a bit more trained than I am. I am going to start taking bellydancing lessons though. When Elevation played at Navy Pier in chicago for St. Patty's day weekend there was a crowed of 4,000 people that I danced in front of. I was so nervous but once I was on stage the music took me away. Afterwards a professoinal bellydancer came up to me who was trained in Turkey and complimented me. She thought I had been dancing for years. Just as long is your heart is in it no one can tell the difference.

Does anyone have any contacts at hotels in the Cleveland area? AliEnvy and I have been looking into finding a hotel with a group rate. She tried the Holiday Inn Express, but due to weddings and conference's that weekend they are unable to accomadate us. I tried the Hampton Inn but unfortunatly they don't have too many rooms left either.

Has anyone else had better luck? It would be really neat if we could all stay in the same place.

Whoa. So hotels really are filling up that fast, huh?? Holy feckin' cow. I thought they would because of the Indians game that weekend, but wow -- two months in advance. We'd better get crackin'!!

Y'know what, I think I'm gonna try and set up a little webpage, here, just for Cleveland II info. Because I think the more organized we all are, the more fun we'll have. Sound good guys?

Back
Top Bottom