MERGED --> When will Cleveland II be? + Rock Hall Celebration (Spring) - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2003, 01:06 PM   #76
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Local Time: 11:07 PM

Why yes, I am! Hi! Sorry to have missed you on the first trip to Cleveland, and please come and introduce yourself if you are able to come this time.

Thank you for the compliment about my costume. It cost me a fortune but I have got so much use out of it, it was well worth it. It was hand made in Egypt I believe. It's starting to get kind of frayed around the edges though, so I might have to look into getting another one. I look forward to seeing yours when you get it.

Old 04-14-2003, 02:03 PM   #77
The Fly

Local Time: 09:07 PM
Yes it would be Egyptian. The skirt is definetly a trademark of that style. I was looking for one very similar to that but I had no luck. Best of luck to you in Cleveland. The gig is so much fun and the fans are great. They may be asking you to teach them some bellydance lessons because they want to learn the dance that melts Bono heart. It's gonna be crazy!!!!

Old 04-14-2003, 02:08 PM   #78
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Thank you!!! I must say, I am by no means a belly dancing expert of any kind. I took a crash course from a Lebanese teacher (who also runs a costume shop, thus the costume) but I basically am from the Morleigh school of doing your own choreography. I have taken 16 or so years of ballet, so I can fake it! LOL!

Speaking of my costume, here's a pic that Brady (our Bono) just sent me from a recent show that we thought was quite U2 esque.

I really hope I will be able to meet you in Cleveland and I just can't wait for this show...although I am going to be very nervous, especially if a fellow dancer is there!
Attached Thumbnails
dancer2.jpg  
Old 04-14-2003, 02:19 PM   #79
The Fly

Local Time: 09:07 PM
I can get the pic cause I'm not a premium member. I really need to get on that. You can email me at beezd26@hotmail.com or if you have IM my screename is beezd06 or MystWaysU2. Oh and don't worry I only know a little bit about bellydancing. I'm actually a soccer player who loves to go clubbing. I've had some Latin dance lessons and everything else I've picked up from music videos or instructional videos. So you are a bit more trained than I am. I am going to start taking bellydancing lessons though. When Elevation played at Navy Pier in chicago for St. Patty's day weekend there was a crowed of 4,000 people that I danced in front of. I was so nervous but once I was on stage the music took me away. Afterwards a professoinal bellydancer came up to me who was trained in Turkey and complimented me. She thought I had been dancing for years. Just as long is your heart is in it no one can tell the difference.
Old 04-14-2003, 04:14 PM   #80
Refugee

Does anyone have any contacts at hotels in the Cleveland area? AliEnvy and I have been looking into finding a hotel with a group rate. She tried the Holiday Inn Express, but due to weddings and conference's that weekend they are unable to accomadate us. I tried the Hampton Inn but unfortunatly they don't have too many rooms left either.

Has anyone else had better luck? It would be really neat if we could all stay in the same place.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:02 PM   #81
War Child

Local Time: 10:07 PM
Whoa. So hotels really are filling up that fast, huh?? Holy feckin' cow. I thought they would because of the Indians game that weekend, but wow -- two months in advance. We'd better get crackin'!!

Y'know what, I think I'm gonna try and set up a little webpage, here, just for Cleveland II info. Because I think the more organized we all are, the more fun we'll have. Sound good guys?