MERGED --> When will Cleveland II be? + Rock Hall Celebration (Spring)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cedar Point is now building a new coaster. It will be the worlds tallest at 410 ft. I think it is almost straight up from a dead stop. Looks pretty cool.

Elvis Presley said:
I'll think about it anyway, as long as someone buys me a Guinness.......:sexywink:

*points to big black X on hand again* :| :tongue:

And holy SHITE the Millenium Force (the one Kristie's talking about) is huge.
mflayout.jpg

Ellen's amusement park philosophy: You can't fall off the ground.

Elvis Presley said:

no offense intended PLEBA ladies.......:wink:

but too much estrogen cant be good for a man of my stature,(whatever that means).........

I'll think about it anyway, as long as someone buys me a Guinness.......:sexywink:

I'm sure someone will...
So you, as a male, are saying you don't want to spend the weekend with a bunch of girls?
Geez.
:tsk:

and Ellen, the Millenium Force IS huge. You WILL be going on it.

Oh yeah! May-10 to be exact! That Is the B-Man's Birthday-so that would be a good time to go!! What do ya say?? Every weekend? That would be gr-8-minus the all that snow, of course!! BRR!

I'll buy you a beer EP if you come :yes:

Millenium Force is really bad, but good :up:

I really hope I can work out doing July, I'll do anything to fight to have that weekend off :hyper:

Rock Hall fan celebration (spring?)

I just e-mailed the Rock Hall to find out when the fan celebration is going to be so we can plan a return trip to Cleveland for whenver they plan this. I asked them if we can get a date faster than we did for the opening night stuff, you know, save a couple bucks on airfare, arrange hotels better...

My e-mail

*hopes this doesn't get merged*

Re: Rock Hall fan celebration (spring?)

CMM said:
*hopes this doesn't get merged*

Since this is to plan a separate gathering, it won't be merged...unless another thread starts about the spring gathering...because that's what merge is all about. ;)

What I'd really love is if we could arrange it so that we're all at the same hotel, and preferably on the same floor. That makes things a whole heck of a lot easier, and obviously more fun since we get to all spend more time together. The only regret any of us really has from the first trip is that we didn't have enough time to spend, really, just getting to know each other outside of the people we were staying with or the groups that we traveled to all of the events with.

Dying to check out In the name of love in cleveland. May actually get to take a vacation this year.. Had knee surgery last fall and it ate up all my vacation, sick & personal time. Ready to rock and roll now..:bono: :adam: :larry: :edge: :love: :dance:

Last edited:
PaleBlueDot said:
What I'd really love is if we could arrange it so that we're all at the same hotel, and preferably on the same floor. That makes things a whole heck of a lot easier, and obviously more fun since we get to all spend more time together. The only regret any of us really has from the first trip is that we didn't have enough time to spend, really, just getting to know each other outside of the people we were staying with or the groups that we traveled to all of the events with.

I didnt make it the last time but something like this sounds like a good idea to me.

The R&RHOF has changed their plans for a return of U2 fans. It will be this summer.

If Im not mistaken I think the Holiday Inn Express had the best 'posted' discount rate out of them all at $69.

Im not referring to what some got on Priceline...that method doesnt allow one to select the hotel so if we were all to want to stay at the same place we should try to get a group rate directly with a particular hotel.

Would like to hear what everyone else ended up paying...

i can't wait for late july :hyper:

i will likely hit the exhibit when they change it too....but late july is going to be the most fun EVER!

(late july=pleba convention...all are welcome...it's in cleveland this year)

details to follow :sexywink:

[/advertisement]

Dumb question, but I haven't been able to follow this closely:

What changes are they making? Are they going to be drastic, enough to justify another visit? I'm trying to go sometime in late April (concerts and stuff), so obviously before any changes, and I really can't afford to go back again (would like to, of course, but since I live in Iowa it isn't easy) so any info would be appreciated. :)

martha said:
This might be fun.

No no no, this WILL be fun. :yes:

As for what's changing:
*yoinks random news article*
"Two dozen U2 photographs by Anton Corbijn, the group's de facto visual biographer, fill the fourth floor. Those will come down in May to make room for artwork by Steve Averill, the band's longtime graphic designer."

I'm planning a trip to Cleveland to catch the exhibit. Well, actually, I haven't started my plans except for "I'm going". Probably this summer.

I'm going to try to start planning my trip. When is the best time to come this summer? I'm telling you it's tough to organize a trip when you're as disorganized a person as I am.

Ultraviolet Light said:

No no no, this WILL be fun. :yes:

As for what's changing:
*yoinks random news article*
"Two dozen U2 photographs by Anton Corbijn, the group's de facto visual biographer, fill the fourth floor. Those will come down in May to make room for artwork by Steve Averill, the band's longtime graphic designer."

MEH. I wanna see the Corbijn shots!!! Someone take me to Cleveland NOW.

What...no takers? :sexywink:

And, yes. This will indeed be fun. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom