MERGED--->Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Jan 03 + ? About The RnR HOF + About the big U2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daisybean

Rock n' Roll Doggie, FOB
Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eye
Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Jan 2003

Okay so rumor has it that the RnR hall o' fame is going to have a big U2 exhibit this next Jan or Feb.

My idea (yes, I get one from time to time), is to have a convention in cleveland to see the exhibit.......

any ah youse interested?

Dad and I have been talking about how we wanted to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame someday...that would be a great time to do so!!!!

That's a great idea......
I will be going to see this sometime after it opens...hopefully it will long running then we wont have to subject ourselves to Cleveland in Feb...not good !!!
April or May sounds a little safer..... :yes:

I am definitely up for this, I really really want to see the exhibit. Altho, I agree. it it is going to be there longer, I would want to wait for better weather.

Jan /Feb in Cleveland = YIKES

Yeah, weather was one of my concerns as well (that happens to you when you live in Michigan!). We'll have to see how it plays out!

I mentioned it to Dad, and he said it was a possibility...which is good, because I wouldn't want to travel alone! :cute:

daisybean said:
:der:

I wasn't even thinking of weather and I live in the freaking snow belt too.....

It sounds like this exhibit due to it's size will be there a while, so spring looks like a way better option.

Spring sounds like a great idea !!!
but EARLY spring, I can't wait to see the new stuff....:yes:
I'm for sure making this get together....it's going to be too much fun !!!

*has been bugging Dad more*

BC: Dad...will you take me to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? You even said awhile back you wanted to go...don't think I forgot!!!

BC's Dad: That's kind of far away...

BC: No it's not!!! It's like a state away! It could count as my birthday present...and you and I don't do enough stuff together!

BC's Dad: We see each other everyday...we do stuff together every weekend...

BC: But...DAD......U2 exhibit! Interferencers! I wanna go!

BC's Dad: Okay, we'll see.

:D

Bonochick said:
*has been bugging Dad more*

BC: Dad...will you take me to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? You even said awhile back you wanted to go...don't think I forgot!!!

BC's Dad: That's kind of far away...

BC: No it's not!!! It's like a state away! It could count as my birthday present...and you and I don't do enough stuff together!

BC's Dad: We see each other everyday...we do stuff together every weekend...

BC: But...DAD......U2 exhibit! Interferencers! I wanna go!

BC's Dad: Okay, we'll see.

:D

Dude, drive down to AP and we'll drive there.

It's like, 3 hours from my house. :tongue:

I'm 75% sure I'm going to go.. no specific date is set yet -- probably in March or April, but that's just a guess. Does anyone know any specific dates of how long it'll be there?

I did find this article.. :up:

ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME AND MUSEUM ANNOUNCES MAJOR EXHIBIT FEATURING U2
FOR 2003

CLEVELAND (September 23, 2002) - The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
announces a major exhibit featuring the Irish rock band U2. The exhibit,
which will be on the fifth floor of the Museum, is scheduled to open in
early 2003.

"U2 are one of the most important rock bands of the past two decades. They
have made brilliant music and they possess the kind of integrity and social
conscience that are often lacking in rock and roll," said James Henke, Vice
President of Exhibitions and Curatorial Affairs. "I'm delighted that they
are being so cooperative, and I think this exhibit will be a special treat
for their fans."

The Museum has recently acquired about twenty-five pieces of clothing, going
back to outfits from the 1983 War tour to costumes from their most recent
tours. The new collection also includes instruments from all four of the
band members. The Museum also has a large collection of artifacts from the
band that have been on loan to the Museum since it opened in 1995, as well
as costumes from Bono that were featured in the Rock Style exhibit in 2000.
Plans for addition artifacts are being made.

U2 formed in the late Seventies in Dublin, Ireland and in 1980 released
their major label debut, Boy, on Island Records. Since then, U2 has
catapulted to super-stardom with hits like "Pride (In the Name of Love),"
"With or Without You," "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For," and,
more recently, "Walk On." Their Elevation Tour 2001 was the highest
grossing tour of the year and in 2001 Spin declared U2 the Band of the Year.
U2 is set to release the Best of 1990 - 2000 later this year.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum exists to educate its visitors,
fans and scholars from around the world about the history and significance
of rock and roll music. The Museum carries out this mission through its
efforts to collect, preserve, exhibit and interpret this art form.

Actually, I will be going through Indy on the way, probably.
I'm in St. Louis....I'd be more than happy to offer rides....got room for 4 more in the Passat!

Hey everyone..I live in Cleveland...

and I just wanted to let you all know that the U2 exhibit will be up for a lonnnnnnnng time! I remember going to see the John Lennon exhibit (which they are taking down in Dec. to put the U2 one up) in the summer of 2001. Don't rush here in jan. or feb to see it... winter here sucks!!

anyways...let me know when everyone decides to go..im up for it..and by the time everyon does come...i'll already have memorized everything in the U2 exhibit! hah

by the way, you cannot take pictures there..you can only take pictures in the lobby- but the lobby has the ZooTv sign and the Trabant cars...

Cheers,
Katelyn

thumbs up

I'm up for a U2 R&R Hall of Fame Interference Convention. Another U2 group I'm in is trying to plan a gathering, too. I don't think they will have the willpower to wait till Spring. Maybe I'll just have to go twice. :)

Spring YES!!!

:yes: I would love to go in the Spring! I don't want to drive in that mess either. I think a lot of people from the Dallas area would love to go as well.

Maybe Spring Break? March 10-14? How's the weather then? Or should we wait longer? How late does it snow up there?

I'll go whenever, seeing as though I live in cleveland and ill be ready to go!! Just let me know when and I will be there. :)

I'm so excited!

Cheers,
Katelyn

I would also love to get in on this party :D

NONE of my friends appreciate U2 like I do (the losers)!

And I'm in Cinci, so it's not far at all...woohoo!

Cleveland and the r-n-r hall

hey katelyn, I too am local... is it you that have become the Controller of this planned gathering?

Has anybody claimed responsibility of the gathering? The eastside of Cleveland gets the most snow, but it is the cooler winds off of the lake that will chill you. It is situated right on the lakefront, so dress accordingly. Give yourself a full day to visit the r-n-r hall!!! I would be willing to offer a place for a few folks for a crash pad for this, but that would be after we set a hard date for it. I did get to see just 16 Elevation shows this last time. I did get to see them over in Europe, too! If anybody needs other tips for the city, just drop an email-
fnowat@yahoo.com

the hard rock cafe is small, and also like Katelyn has posted on other threads, the cover band of 'Zoo Station' is worth seeing. See you on the lakefront, dreaming of the next tour....

Frank

Re: Cleveland and the r-n-r hall

fnowat said:
hey katelyn, I too am local... is it you that have become the Controller of this planned gathering?

Has anybody claimed responsibility of the gathering? The eastside of Cleveland gets the most snow, but it is the cooler winds off of the lake that will chill you. It is situated right on the lakefront, so dress accordingly. Give yourself a full day to visit the r-n-r hall!!! I would be willing to offer a place for a few folks for a crash pad for this, but that would be after we set a hard date for it. I did get to see just 16 Elevation shows this last time. I did get to see them over in Europe, too! If anybody needs other tips for the city, just drop an email-
fnowat@yahoo.com

the hard rock cafe is small, and also like Katelyn has posted on other threads, the cover band of 'Zoo Station' is worth seeing. See you on the lakefront, dreaming of the next tour....

Frank

No, i dont think ive become the controller of this planned gathering..if i have..no one old me!!! anyways...you've seen Zoo Station? ha that rules. are you goin to the show Nov 15? n i think there is another in november..and then there's a show dec. 6..at The Harp...cause i'll be there for all their shows...especially dec 6 cause dec 2 is my birthday and i want them to sing to me! lol
anyways...i dont think i can let anyone crash at my place..i am sorry!! but..if anyone needs anything else, just ask me.
i guess thats all for now...

Cheers,
Katelyn :mac:

Hey, I'm up for the trip. I'm only about 45 min south of Clev. I'll be there opening day if they're going to have visitors from across the pond and then in the Spring also. Can't wait to meet all of you. Wish I could get up there for Zoo Station, the 15th is my BD, that would be awesome to be sung to.

Re: Cleveland and the r-n-r hall

fnowat said:
The eastside of Cleveland gets the most snow, but it is the cooler winds off of the lake that will chill you.

Yep, I'm from Chardon. We are the SNOW BELT!

i'm in pittsburgh (NO BOOs FROM CLEVELANDERS BECAUSE MY DAD IS FROM CLEVELAND AND I AM A BROWNS FAN THRU AND THRU) and jamjar and i have been talking about going to see this exhibit sometime. luckily, my job requires me to drive to cleveland a lot, so maybe i will get a sneak peak in the winter before the spring gathering.

anyway, this post is just to let you know there are at least 2 more people interested.

Actually, 4 more. I could get DiGi and my husband to come with, too.

and maybe my husband's sisters. so there's another 2.

Back
Top Bottom