MERGED--->Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Jan 03 + ? About The RnR HOF + About the big U2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well if you are who I think you are, Mrs Edge, you two better be coming!!! ;)

Besides, if you two come, I'm pretty darn sure our mutual friend will make up her mind in the right direction too! :)

The GTA contingent just won't be the same without you guys..

G

hehehe...yes it is me. That's very sweet of you to say!

I think our mutual friend could probably be convinced, but I don't know about Steve....but I'm working on it!

The crowds will be awful though.....

Jessica, you gotta come! You only need one membership, that'll cover you and your hubby, and then just 2 of the party tickets. Come come come come come come come come come!!!!!!

I think Dad and I are going to wait until spring and just have a Father/Daughter trip. :)

Sorry I won't be able to meet up with you folks though!!!!!!

Mrs. Edge said:
I am having a terrible time trying to decide if we (husband and I) should go for the opening weekend, or wait 'til the spring.

I need your advice guys! On the one hand, the opening weekend is filled with parties, friends excitement and Elevation USA (who might even want a guest dancer! lol!)

On the other hand, I hate crowds and it will be jam packed. Also, you have to get the membership to get into the opening party. If I went in the spring, I could take my time at the exhibit, and there will still be get togethers.

Which do you think I should do?

you should go in Feb... if you get the membership you get in free the rest of the year anyway, so you can go back on Sunday and look again if you feel rushed :yes:
plus we want you to ;)

Mrs. Edge said:
hehehe...yes it is me. That's very sweet of you to say!

I think our mutual friend could probably be convinced, but I don't know about Steve....but I'm working on it!

The crowds will be awful though.....

I don't think the crowds will be too bad as it is a membership thing and the place is really big. Hard Rock will be packed to the max though. With your membership you also get to go to a member only thing. You don't have to use it for this. And they are talking about a special something in the spring for fans. A lot of bands play small concert sets for members.

About the big U2 weekend at R'n'R Hall of fame

Well first of all, is anyone planning on going? There is supposed to be a big U2 fan gathering on the 7th of February, and the exhibit opens the 8th. Some or all of the band members might appear!

Do I have to buy tickets in advance for this hall of fame visit? That's what I really want to know. I live about 4 hours from Cleveland, and I don't want to drive all that way just to be turned away. Any help on how me and 3 other U2 friends can turn that weekend into a "U2fest"would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

if you're talking about the VIP party on Friday, you need a membership to get in as well as a normal ticket to see the exhibit.

I don't know that tix will be available at the door, they claim to have only a 'limited number' for sale, available through Ticketmaster.

Regarding membership, I have been corresponding with the membership manager and she has assured me that I only need to purchase one of their cheapest memberships ($50), and the 5 people I am bringing will be considered my 'guests'. So for the Sat night party, we have spent $50 for one membership and $90 for 6 party tickets (actually a little more with Ticketmasters charges) - this takes care of 6 of us getting in.

Hope that helps! :)

Please stay aware of the Invasion thread. New information has come out today that is NOT fan-friendly to cash-strapped travelers. But please know - that Interference WILL work out alternate and thusly, cheaper, details for hanging out :)

"We've heard a rumor that the Hard Rock Cafe is going to charge everyone $15 entrance into the Cafe on both days! Apparently they are doing this in cahoots with atu2. We are aware that many people are not in the position to spend ANOTHER $15+ dollars just to hang out, and watch a tribute band.

More info, and a possible alternate location, to come.. stay tuned...

and, let us know, what do you want to do...

Pay $15 to be at HRC? or go somewhere else for FREE?"

Question for my brother...
he's not going to have to wear a suit, is he?
can he just go like business casual/moderately spiffy?
I can dress him nice, but he said if he's got to wear a suit he's not going and I didn't know what to tell him since I have no idea what "cocktail attire" means.

Business Casual should be appropriate - nice shirts/nice pants for men. Preferably slacks/blouse/dress for ladies.

bonosloveslave said:
I don't know that tix will be available at the door, they claim to have only a 'limited number' for sale, available through Ticketmaster.

Regarding membership, I have been corresponding with the membership manager and she has assured me that I only need to purchase one of their cheapest memberships ($50), and the 5 people I am bringing will be considered my 'guests'. So for the Sat night party, we have spent $50 for one membership and $90 for 6 party tickets (actually a little more with Ticketmasters charges) - this takes care of 6 of us getting in.

Hope that helps! :)

Wow...dont want to dispute this but we also exchanged a few emails and she told me that a Rocker membership would only get me and another guest in. Only by purchasing a $100 Roller membership would I and 3 other (for a total of 4) people get in. Well I guess we'll just try to get the cheaper one when we get there, we have already purchased our party tickets.

I have been dealing with Missy Toms, her title is Membership Manager. She's been really helpful in answering my questions, her email is mtoms@rockhall.org - just in case, I will be bringing our email correspondence notes with me, and she will be there that night in case we have any problems.

Kristie said:
Question for my brother...
he's not going to have to wear a suit, is he?
can he just go like business casual/moderately spiffy?
I can dress him nice, but he said if he's got to wear a suit he's not going and I didn't know what to tell him since I have no idea what "cocktail attire" means.

Kristie - My email back from Missy:

Well, I'll be dressed in business casual, so your blank pants and nice tops are perfectly acceptable. Remember: this is a rock and roll museum. Anything goes!

Missy

So take that as you will :shrug:

I got my skirt today so... I'll get a rock and roll shirt to go with :D
Neil sort of oozes "computer nerd", I'll see what I can do with him.
Thanks Beth! :hug:

Well, the climax of the "epic battle of Cleveland" took place this morning in our Kitchen. It has been going on for weeks, but despite my valiant efforts, I am not getting to go. :mad:

(unless of course I can find some wealthy sugar daddy to pay my way! :sexywink:)

So....we will be going in the spring, if there is another gathering there, with a 2nd wave of Torontonians.

We are going to the Vegas reunion for St. Patrick's Day....hope some of you guys can make that one too!

Oh, and as I said in the Vegas thread, we are thinking about going to LA on that same trip. Does anyone have any good advice about where to stay? If so, please PM me, I'd really appreciate it!

:)

Yo, the PLEBA convention is going to be there in July, it hasn't been decided what weekend though.

Just, y'know, FYI, in case you'd like to chill with us :D

I would luuuuuurve to go to the Pleba convention! Maybe this will work out well in the end afterall! :D :dance:

I could even bring Mr. Edge along with me to the Pleba convention as a show and tell display. :edge:

I have decided to take a MENTAL HEALTH day tomorrow, to cheer myself up since I'm missing the big event. It will be a day of a) waiting for my new dishwasher to arrive b) eating and c) watching trashy TV.

:hyper:

Back
Top Bottom