MERGED --> NEW YORK Interferencers – HTDAAB idea + NEW YORK HTDAAB get -together info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rafiennes

Refugee
NEW YORK Interference members – HTDAAB idea

So, I was thinking the other day that since most of us probably already have the new album, that a listening party is out of the question. BUT…aha! I was also thinking that maybe we can find a place selling the album at midnight on Monday and we could get together for a U2 fan dinner beforehand. Sit around, introduce ourselves, discuss the tunes, the band, and then at midnight, we all go over and pick up the real version of the album. Girlfriends, boyfriends, wives and significant others are more than welcome to join.

Let me know if you’re interested in something like that. If we get enough people, it could be a possibility.

If it doesn’t happen, that’s okay too, since I gotta get up at 6 in the morning, but it would be kind of fun.

Hmmm I'd be down. Do we know who will have a midnight release in the city?

I’ve gotta think one of the Virgin Megastores (Union Square or Times Square) would have a midnight. If not, Tower on 68th or maybe even the Best Buy on 23rd.

youtwohearts said:
I work the next day. I have to be up before 7:00 can't do it. Although it sounds fun.

Awww, c'mon. I gotta be up at 6 a.m.! What's a little tiredness at work? Unless you're a pilot, in which case, I'd say stay home.

MrBrau1 said:
I'm going in to meet old college buddy and buy HTDAAB at Virgin Times Square. Where do ya wanna meet?

I was thinking of maybe this place on 23rd and 5th called The Comfort Diner. Some of the best food in the city at some of the best prices. But I'm open to suggestions.

Rafiennes said:

I was thinking of maybe this place on 23rd and 5th called The Comfort Diner. Some of the best food in the city at some of the best prices. But I'm open to suggestions.

They have beer?

This would have been cool...another time, another place. But now I'm in upper Westchester, and work is insane, so I'll have to pass.

I figured we could get together around 7 or 8, hang out, have some dinner, some drinks (at the same place), that's a good two or three hours right there. We could then mosey on up to Times Square and see if there's a line or whatever (I remember the TOWER in Los Angeles used to have a line to get in) and we can take it from there.

Once again, it's just an idea.

I e-mailed the PR department for Virgin Megastore, asking them if there would be a midnight sale of the new album at their Times Square store. Got this response...

We do sell new releases at midnight, the 23rd is going to be a huge release day! I hope you and the other fans have a good time at the Times Square store next week! If you have someone on the West Coast you can let them know to come to the San Francisco Megastore. There will be a tribute band and the vendor will be supplying special giveaways.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
I e-mailed the PR department for Virgin Megastore, asking them if there would be a midnight sale of the new album at their Times Square store. Got this response...

...stupid...west coast....damn it!

Rafiennes said:
I figured we could get together around 7 or 8, hang out, have some dinner, some drinks (at the same place), that's a good two or three hours right there. We could then mosey on up to Times Square and see if there's a line or whatever (I remember the TOWER in Los Angeles used to have a line to get in) and we can take it from there.

Once again, it's just an idea.

I'm in. I'll be bringing my old college roomie, giant U2 fan. Check out his U2 photos:

www.photobymac.com

Rafiennes, let's put this in cement. You wanna provide the details?

OK - so here's the deal...
If you're interested in doing this, if you think this is something you wanna have happen, then private message me and I'll put together a list of who is coming to this thing.

NEW YORK HTDAAB get -together info

I know this will get bumped into U2 Gatherings (which I never knew existed until the other NY post did) but if you ARE Interested in getting together Monday night for dinner and drinks and then heading over to the Virgin Mega Store in Times Square to pick up HTDAAB, PM me and let me know and I can make the arrangements.

Thanks

Last edited:
NYC HTDAAB Get-together

Hi there,

I'm interested in a possible NYC U2 gathering late Monday night. I've been calling around to the big music stores, and it doesn't sound like any of them are doing anything special. I'm probably going to go to Tower in Lincoln Center or Virgin in Times Square at midnight, and I'm looking for some other fans to celebrate with.

B.

Re: NYC HTDAAB Get-together

Barri said:
Hi there,

I'm interested in a possible NYC U2 gathering late Monday night. I've been calling around to the big music stores, and it doesn't sound like any of them are doing anything special. I'm probably going to go to Tower in Lincoln Center or Virgin in Times Square at midnight, and I'm looking for some other fans to celebrate with.

B.

Go ahead and PM me telling me you're in.
I'm trying to get a tally of how many people will be there so I can get us a table for dinner and drinks pre-U2 buying.

I'm not a premium member, so can you let me know what's going on? I'd like to come, but I've got to work until 9pm.

thanks

Here’s the basic idea. We meet at The Comfort Diner on 23rd & 5th. It’s not a diner in the sense of Mel’s Diner. Great food, better prices, and yes, you can drink there. I figured we could meet there around 8 pm, have some eats, conversation, talk U2and be total U2 geeks.

Then, when we finish, we could walk up to Times Square and see what the deal is and buy the album at Midnight!

I’ve gotta be up at 6am the next morning so I don’t wanna hear anyone complaining about how they gotta get up early (unless it’s like 5 am…that’s ridiculous early!)

But if people are interested, email me, rafiennes@yahoo.com or PM me. The more the better.

So let’s make this happen New Yorkers (& New Jerseyians)

1, 2, 3, 14…go!

Back
Top Bottom