MERGED ----> June 14th: Cleveland Fan Celebration + Press Release + Show Of Hands... - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2003, 08:47 AM   #61
Refugee

Local Time: 02:59 AM

Good Monday Morning Everyone,

If anyone is looking for a hotel room for Cleveland the u2_GTA has a few rooms left over at our group rate of $79 per night. If you are interested in obtaining one of these rooms then please email me at kelcline@hotmail.com They are only available until tommorow so the earlier the better.

Thanks!

Kel

Old 05-19-2003, 06:10 PM   #62
Refugee

Local Time: 10:59 PM
Kelly, see you in Cleveland!

I'm staying at the Holiday inn Express.

Old 05-20-2003, 04:55 PM   #63
War Child

Local Time: 01:59 AM
Random updates and such:

There ARE still tickets available for the Rock Hall event, but not for the Four5One event.

HOTEL UPDATES:

Those who are staying at the Hyatt -- I have been told that room number assignments are not made until check-in. I'll be checking in ASAP Thursday, so what you can do is, when you check in, just ask to have a room near me (I'll check in as "Dot"), or, if you want, near the @U2 group. I'll try and get close to them anyway when I check in.

IF you are planning on staying at the Holiday Inn Select -- there are still some rooms left for the Lypton Village group. Please keep in mind you've got 10 more days until the May 30th deadline to make your reservations, but I get the sense that they might extend that a bit and they won't hold it to us TOO much. And if for some reason you don't want to make a reservation with either Lypton Village or the GTA group, there are still plenty of other rooms left at the Select.

FYI everybody, in case you haven't heard, the members of Exit (erm, EXIT. ::nods::) are no longer staying at the Holiday Inn Select -- now they are at the Holiday Inn Express. If anyone decides to change hotels and is already listed on the projectlemonaid site as being at the Select, please let me know (fumbler1013@aol.com) so I can change it. Anyway, mind you -- this mix-up/change/whatever is not Exit's fault so don't anyone go yelling at them or anything lol. Stuff like this is bound to happen. So it goes.

ZOO STATION GIG UPDATE:

Da bass playah from Zoo Station just confirmed with me that they will indeed be playing the Mercury Lounge Saturday night (June 14th) at "10ish"...And they say they'll be going 'till about 1:30. Yes they are playing at the same time as Elevation. But if you want to make the effort to see some of both shows, these guys are definitely worth the trouble. I'll probably be going to Zoo Station's 1st set, then Elevation's 2nd set...then back to the Mercury Lounge/surrounding area for the rest of the night.

The Mercury Lounge sounds like a really cool place...He tells me it's one of the most happening places in Cleveland at the moment. They have a website (mercurylounge.com), but I think it's kind of still under construction. Anyway, the Mercury Lounge is kind of in an area where there are lots of places within walking distance...I think it's that place that's called "the Flats," but I'm not positive about that.

RANDOMNESS:

A bunch of us are planning on going to Cedar Point on Sunday with Monday being our rain date. Also, it seems like a lot of people are going out early for the Coldplay gig on that previous Tuesday, the 10th. So a bunch of us will be gathering early on Tuesday to do the the GA thing. Woohoo!! (A bunch of U2 fans at a Coldplay gig...How cliché is that? LOL!) Anyway, there are still tickets left, I believe...If not, I think there's someone on the "u2clevelandinvasion" Yahoo Group that is selling one for face value.

Oh and guys in case anyone's wondering, it seems to be breaking down like this: Zootopians and @U2ers are staying at the Hyatt, GTAers are staying at the Holiday Inn Select, and LA people seem to kind of be split between the Holiday Inn Select and the Holiday Inn Express because of Exit's hotel mixup. As for the Interferencers in general, I don't know really.
Old 05-25-2003, 08:05 PM   #64
Refugee

Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
Big Grin HOWDY!

Is there anybody from the Dallas area or the LONE STAR STATE, who is a girl over 18, and needs a ride to Cleveland? I'll be doing the driving, and I have the hotel already booked. If you are interested, please email me directly:

therealallegra@aol.com
Old 05-26-2003, 11:10 AM   #65
Refugee

Elevation in Cleveland June 14th-Update!!

Elevation Canada is hard at work on their upcoming show at the Hard Rock Cafe in Cleveland at 10.00 p.m. on Saturday 14 June 2003 and confirm that they will be performing a wide range of U2 material, covering every album, half of which was not performed live by U2 on the Elevation tour of 2001 or much earlier in some cases. Exact details are not available but the first of the band's two sets is likely to be themed around the 1990 tours, Popmart and Zoo TV. As is usual with Elevation, visual presentation and arrangements for each song will be authentic to the period to which it is matched. The band will introduce at least two new U2 songs into their 55+ song repertoire for this special show, one of which U2 has never performed live but which nonetheless is
a firm fan favourite. There may also be other surprises in store. The band is excited to have the opportunity to play at this major event and looks forward to playing for and meeting other U2 fans that weekend.

check out: www.u2tributeband.com
Old 05-26-2003, 01:22 PM   #66
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

And guys, this show is so top secret, even *I* haven't a clue what they're playing (other than that I appear in the first half!)

Just wanted to say that I can't believe I will be seeing you all in less than three weeks! I am so excited!!!

If there is ANY possible way that you can check out Elevation's set, please do, it is sooooooooooooooooo worthwhile, especially because who knows when they will be out that way again.

And I'm not just saying that because I'm biased either, it's true!

P.S. I am really looking forward to seeing Exit on the Friday night for the first time too!
Old 05-26-2003, 04:39 PM   #67
BAW
The Flower

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Edge

If there is ANY possible way that you can check out Elevation's set, please do, it is sooooooooooooooooo worthwhile, especially because who knows when they will be out that way again.

So true...if you're going to be in Cleveland, don't pass this up. Elevation puts on an amazing show, not to mention being 4 of the nicest people you will ever meet. I saw them 3 nights straight in Vegas and they were awesome every night...I'm excited about going to the RRHOF fan celebration but I REALLY can't wait to see Elevation again!

p.s. Brady, Mick, Kevin & John...if you happen to see this, PLEASE book more shows in the US, more specifically California. PLEASE!!!!

...and bring Mrs. Edge with you
Old 05-26-2003, 04:57 PM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
i have been trying to schedule a client meeting in that area so that i could catch elevation's show in cleveland, but it doesn't look like i will be able to make it. it is a shame, because i would love to see them all perform again and to see you all again.

i do hope all who are attending this event will stick around to see Elevation perform. they are very much worth your time and do U2's music and shows justice besides Brady, Kevin, Mick and John are some of the nicest guys around.

i will be with y'all in spirit. Mrs. Edge good luck on the performance, i am sure as always you will do a great job.

Old 05-26-2003, 09:52 PM   #69
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

Local Time: 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
i do hope all who are attending this event will stick around to see Elevation perform. they are very much worth your time and do U2's music and shows justice besides Brady, Kevin, Mick and John are some of the nicest guys around.

I too wish I could go to Cleveland and see Elevation again. I only wanted to go to Cleveland after I heard they were playing. I had the pleasure of seeing them perform and meet them in Vegas as well, and as Iris has said, they are a great band and some of the nicest guys around. Unfortunately due to my work schedule I won't be able to go this time around

Elevation guys
Old 05-27-2003, 04:52 AM   #70
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I'm not going to be able to go after all due to scheduling problems with school . I will be going sometime in late July or August though.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:41 AM   #71
The Fly

Local Time: 06:59 AM
Hey, you guys, that's really nice... thanks. I wish you were all coming too! Still, like Arnie, we'll be back (to the USA, that is)!

Mick
Elevation (Canada)
Old 05-27-2003, 11:28 AM   #72
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by ABEL

I too wish I could go to Cleveland and see Elevation again. I only wanted to go to Cleveland after I heard they were playing. I had the pleasure of seeing them perform and meet them in Vegas as well, and as Iris has said, they are a great band and some of the nicest guys around. Unfortunately due to my work schedule I won't be able to go this time around

Elevation guys
ABEL wont be the same without you maybe next time
Old 05-27-2003, 11:30 AM   #73
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.

Quote:
Originally posted by gragravar
Hey, you guys, that's really nice... thanks. I wish you were all coming too! Still, like Arnie, we'll be back (to the USA, that is)!

Mick
Elevation (Canada)
hey Mick! nice to see you around these parts.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:58 PM   #74
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

Local Time: 12:59 AM
hey guaca! I'll miss ya too
Old 05-28-2003, 11:48 PM   #75
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

hey guys...two weeks and two days...it's going to be a blast. i can't wait to meet some of you that i didn't last time. char, for one ...anyways, when are you guys getting there? any plans besides the rarhof and shows?

cheers!
laura.