MERGED ----> June 14th: Cleveland Fan Celebration + Press Release + Show Of Hands... - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2003, 02:04 AM   #31
War Child

Local Time: 04:15 PM
'xactly!!! ::hands Elizabeth a Guinness:: (you ARE Elizabeth, right?? lol)

Old 04-23-2003, 01:27 PM   #32
Refugee

Local Time: 05:15 PM
Hi Everyone, It looks like the U2 GTA is going to be staying at the Holiday Inn Select. If you, or your party are interested in staying there then you should call. They were kind enough to put a block of rooms aside for us, and will likely do the same for you. The information is as follows:

Just ask for 'sales' and let them know that you are coming for the u2 celebration. This rate is only available for a group rate.

Thanks, see you all in Clevleand!

Holiday Inn Select
1111 Lakeside Ave. Cleveland, OH 44114
(216)241-5100
Located 1 block from the RNRHOF, and 6 blocks from the HRC.
Nightly rate $79.00, Parking $14.00 (Non negotiable, sorry), includes
in/out privilages. Taxes 14.5%

Old 04-24-2003, 12:19 PM   #33
Refugee

Local Time: 01:15 PM
Hey cooL! The LA gang is staying at the Select too! Oh boy this is gonna be fun

Old 04-24-2003, 04:43 PM   #34
Refugee

Hello to you too! This is gonna be fun!!
Old 04-24-2003, 06:51 PM   #35
War Child

Yeah there are a lot of people staying at the Holiday Inn Select, and several at the Hyatt as well. The Hyatt is running a special online rate of $74/night, the details of which is all on my website that I posted somewhere in this thread I think.

For the nights of June 13th-15th, I have blocked off some rooms at the Holiday Inn Select for Midwesterners, LAers, and U2Wire people as well. We are booking under the name "Lypton Village." This is seperate from the U2GTA group, because the Torontonians get first dibs on those, but ultimately it doesn't really matter what group you stay with. Everyone's just fantastic!

All the details for all of the hotels and everything else is at the Cleveland II website!!
Old 04-25-2003, 01:15 AM   #36
The Fly

Wow this is going to be sooo much fun!! I know Katelyn and I live in/near Cleveland, but because it would just be easier for us...no worries about oh am gonna have the car or who's driving/needs a ride...ya know? We are gonna get a room. I haven't booked yet, but it will most likely be at the Holiday Inn select, because it seems like a lot of people will be staying there. Plus the GTAers are gonna be there...i've posted there a couple of times and you guys seem like you'd be a lot of fun to hang with I think our theme song for that weekend should be OUT OF CONTROL! I plan on possibly bringing a cd player and some U2 cd's and LOTS of beverages(possibly even a Vodka Watermelon a la Jamie Oliver...if they have watermelons by then...lol)...hehe Hope to see you all there!

Lori

Oh yeah I almost forgot...if anyone wants to we have room for one, *possibly* two more people in our room I'm not sure about our third person...she may have to work...if that's the case we'll have room for two.
Old 04-25-2003, 03:35 AM   #37
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by LoriHewson
Wow this is going to be sooo much fun!! I know Katelyn and I live in/near Cleveland, but because it would just be easier for us...no worries about oh am gonna have the car or who's driving/needs a ride...ya know? We are gonna get a room. I haven't booked yet, but it will most likely be at the Holiday Inn select, because it seems like a lot of people will be staying there. Plus the GTAers are gonna be there...i've posted there a couple of times and you guys seem like you'd be a lot of fun to hang with I think our theme song for that weekend should be OUT OF CONTROL! I plan on possibly bringing a cd player and some U2 cd's and LOTS of beverages(possibly even a Vodka Watermelon a la Jamie Oliver...if they have watermelons by then...lol)...hehe Hope to see you all there!

Lori

Oh yeah I almost forgot...if anyone wants to we have room for one, *possibly* two more people in our room I'm not sure about our third person...she may have to work...if that's the case we'll have room for two.

OMG I LOVE Jamie Oliver!! I had no idea anyone else in this country even knew who he was! I have his DVD. LMAO!

What is this Vodka Watermelon thing?? Will you make one for me?? And do you have a tape of Jamie making it? <g>

I SO Jamie. ::swoons::
Old 04-25-2003, 03:42 AM   #38
War Child

OK. OMG we SOOO gotta do this. <g>

Courtesy of: Naked Chef
Episode: Bender's Birthday Barbie
Host: Jamie Oliver Print This Recipe

Watermelon Vodka
Yield: 15

Ingredients:

Watermelon Vodka

1 large ripe watermelon
1 bottle vodka or 1 bottle champagne

Directions:

Watermelon Vodka
Simply cut a hole in the top of the melon, wide and deep enough to insert a funnel.

Pour some of your chosen alcohol into the melon through the funnel, leave to sit for a day and pour in some more.

The flesh will absorb the liquid, so pour in some more the next day–basically until it becomes saturated.

When ready to serve, slice up into nice big pieces and get all your mates plastered on it!
Old 04-25-2003, 12:14 PM   #39
The Fly

I know don't you just LOVE Jamie !!!

I will so make the Vodka watermelon if they have watermelons in the store in June...hmmm... maybe I should make a couple...what do you think!?!

Oh you have his DVD Dot? I've been wanting to get it, but haven't got the chance/money to do so yet! Which one is it? I know he has a couple I believe, but I couldn't find them here. My friend was gonna send my one from London, but I don't have a region free dvd player Wow and I thought I was the only Jamie fan here...hehe

Lori
Old 04-25-2003, 07:14 PM   #40
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by LoriHewson
I know don't you just LOVE Jamie !!!

I will so make the Vodka watermelon if they have watermelons in the store in June...hmmm... maybe I should make a couple...what do you think!?!

Oh you have his DVD Dot? I've been wanting to get it, but haven't got the chance/money to do so yet! Which one is it? I know he has a couple I believe, but I couldn't find them here. My friend was gonna send my one from London, but I don't have a region free dvd player Wow and I thought I was the only Jamie fan here...hehe

Lori

I know, LMAO. Me too!! Now there is officially two of us.

I have the Happy Days Tour DVD. He has other ones?? I want those too now. <g> That was the only one I knew about so that's what I asked for, lol.

And uh....watermelons are pretty big, so I think one will do, lol. One should be PLENTY, lmao. Well...depending on how smashed you wanna get I guess, lol!

dot.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:41 PM   #41
The Fly

watermelon....lol i'm only there for the Guinness...and the fun drinks made with Guinness= car bombs and black velvets.

you can all have fun with the watermelon.

that just means more Guinness for me. hehe

~Katelyn
Old 04-26-2003, 01:05 AM   #42
War Child

LOL Katelyn! Guinness for me too, but not 'till AFTER the watermelon...liquor before beer! ::nods::

Hey Lori, how about one of both? One champagne watermelon and one vodka?
Old 04-26-2003, 01:12 PM   #43
The Fly

lol good plan....liquor before beer!

i think Lori and I are planning on bringing lots of Guinness..er at least I am! so i suppose i can share... hehe

maybe.

~Katelyn
Old 04-26-2003, 01:49 PM   #44
The Fly

Yeah Dot someone was telling me he had other DVD's but they are European, so they are a different region and won't play on my DVD player

lol...the only reason I said 2 watermelons is because it's early in the seanson then, and they may not be too big yet Hmmm...both kinds of watermelon sound good...i'm going to go price all the beverages next week...so I know how much I have to save up...haha!

Guinness...woo hoo...i'm more of a liquor girl though...hehe...that didn't sound too good did it!?!

Lori
Old 04-26-2003, 01:51 PM   #45
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by PaleBlueDot
LOL Katelyn! Guinness for me too, but not 'till AFTER the watermelon...liquor before beer! ::nods::

Hey Lori, how about one of both? One champagne watermelon and one vodka?
hehe..i've never had a problem mixing stuff before...lol. I guess it's the beauty of being Irish and Germam ...j/k

Lori