MERGED --> inTO the Heart - Save the Date! + inTO the Heart 2006 Schedule!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drea & Cyde....:lol:

I misbooked at the downtown Days Inn for something else and they wouldn't let me cancel, only switch days, so I switched to ITH days, even though I may not go. If I do go I want to stay elsewhere, so if anyone is interested in this hotel for the Friday & Sat let me know.

Whiterabbit74@hotmail.com or PM :up:

We couldn't tell you before but now we can finally "announce" our headliner... guess who?? :wink: ....

===

ELEVATION THE U2 TRIBUTE BAND
TO HEADLINE U2 FAN FESTIVAL
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 4TH!

The Reverb 651 Queen St. W (at Bathurst)
Admission $10 // Doors open at 8

Toronto, ON November 1, 2006 – The inTO the Heart U2 fan festival is delighted to announce the headlining band for this year’s main event on Saturday, November 4th at The Reverb. ELEVATION has performed in Bosnia and Italy to NATO troops, they have put on spectacular shows in Japan, all over North America and now they are back to headline the fourth annual ITH fan fest in Toronto.

"We have a special show planned that is geared specifically towards what U2 fans want to hear live” says Shawn Brady, the one who sings like Bono. “U2 has a back catalogue of hundreds of great songs and this is an opportunity for fans to ‘pick the setlist' and hear songs that U2 doesn't perform live anymore or songs that U2 have never performed live."

True to the spirit of inTO the Heart, a music festival by the fans for the fans, this year U2 fans from all over were invited to program the final set during the Saturday, November 4th concert at The Reverb. Casual and hard-core U2 fans alike all have something in common – a wish list of songs U2 would perform on a given night. ITH presents the Dream Out Loud Set, there is still time to submit your 20-songs, in order to www.intotheheart.com – it may be your dream set list that is performed!

People have travelled from all over the world to see Elevation perform and are always amazed at the incredible authenticity and emotional energy that the band brings to their shows. Admission is $10, doors open at 8 p.m.

inTO the Heart continues its tradition as a non-profit event with net proceeds this year to benefit the African Well Fund and Music Rising.

gragravar said:
Well Mr BAW, I've got around 2 degrees C with a chance of rain right now...

Here's my 12:35am EST update:

Friday 4°C (39°F) | -2°C (28°F)

Saturday 5°C (41°F) | -1°C (30°F)

Sunday 5°C (41°F) | 1°C (34°F)

Wear your long johns! :wink:

mishka
OUT OF CONTROL

We can't wait to see the GTA...:up:

We're out at 7 a.m.; stopover in Denver and then to YYZ... be in town by 5:45 p tomorrow.... this is my last go around on the computer but we'll have a laptop...:wave:

Mr. BAW said:
We can't wait to see the GTA...:up:

We're out at 7 a.m.; stopover in Denver and then to YYZ... be in town by 5:45 p tomorrow.... this is my last go around on the computer but we'll have a laptop...:wave:

Awesome! Get in touch with Sam if you need a ride from the airport, he's picking up the UK contingent 'round 8pm. A bunch of us are going to be at the CFNY studios talking about ITH -- it'd be cool to show up w/ some bonafide Californian's that made the trek :wink:

:dance:

So I guess this will be a combination review and love note to Elevation Canada, lol.

To start, I would like to say thank you, from the bottom of my heart, to Brady, Kevin, Mick and John for always making me (and Rick) feel so welcome and such a part of the Elevation family. No matter how much time goes by between visits, it always feels like we've just seen each other.

Friday night in Etobicoke was the most fun we've had in a long, long time! Thanks again for the ride Brady. I called my sister while we were all singing along to Bon Jovi and said "hey, we're singing Living on a Prayer in a bar in Canada" and she said "uh...yeah...it sounds like you're singing Living on a Prayer in a bar in Canada" She was kind of jealous because it sounded like we were having such a blast, and she was right! The licking was fun too! It was really great to see Elevation in a smaller venue full of interesting people, hehe. Somehow, the mullets made it even more fun! We had the pleasure of hearing some new stuff before ITTH and for me, Saints was the absolute highlight for me. Zooropa was awesome and Velvet Dress was :drool:

And before I forget, thanks for the anniversary dedication :heart:

Saturday night at Reverb was totally amazing...Code Revival was awesome and the Atomic Jam was so much fun. I've never seen Elevation play in regular clothes before and it was a blast seeing both Tanya and Brady on the drums and Michelle on the bass. Tanya also did a bang up job on In A Little While.

I've seen Elevation many, many times in a lot of different venues but I really think this was my favorite. I've always known that the guys are excellent, skilled musicians but wow, they really blew me away that night. And seeing them with the hometown crowd just added to the whole experience, especially in a venue where the floor actually moved, lol! Brady sounded better than ever, Kevin was amazing, Mick as always the coolest guy in the room and John...wow! It's funny that most people focus on the singer or the guitarist or bass player but I always find myself intently watching John and not really noticing the other 3 at times!

So I guess the highlights for me would have to be my all time favorite, In God's Country, Saints (another drum focused song for me, lol), which sounded huge and amazing and Original of the Species...thanks for yet another dedication....you guys are really too kind. Um...I won't mention the 11 O'clock Tick Tock incident other than to say I :heart: you Brady and panic attacks happen at the strangest moments. You know I have a huge soft spot in my heart for you and I feel like a big jerk. So moving on, lol. Mysterious Ways was another highlight. Jess looked so beautiful and I loved her interaction with the band...huge smiles all around is always a good sign! I really wish I had a set list because there were so many highlights for me but I'm still a little wiped out from the weekend and can't remember them all without some help!

I guess I should also say thank you to Sam, Michelle, Kim and everyone else who worked so hard to put this weekend together. It's too bad we can't all get together more than once a year...eh? :wink:

I :heart: my Canadians!

p.s. to Kevin & John...metalsludge baby!! :rockon: :lol:

Very sweet Char! :hug:

No worries about "Tick Tock" - the offer still stands if you want to come up and dance sometime (maybe you need a few shots of Southern Comfort to get things rolling!! :) )

Here is the "DREAM OUT LOUD SETLIST" for those interested...

Zooropa
Mofo
Beautiful Day
Gone
11 O Clock Tick Tock
Original Of the Species
Unforgettable Fire
Gloria
In A Little While
Mysterious Ways
Angel of Harlem
One