MERGED ----> InTO The Heart - Nov 1-3, 2007 + InTO The Heart Fest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gabrielvox said:

well maybe..but you'll likely find me there waiting for you

:reject:

me + tequila = :uhoh:

:wink:
Sweet! I'll be in good company then
grumpydrunkwave2.gif

Mr. BAW said:
With the alcohol in you, it'll feel like you're in the Bahamas!!! :wink:

:hmm: Don't know about that, i don't drink much... But i guess i'll probably have to walk around with a little flask of something just to help keep me warm... :lmao:

Three More Weeks!Three More Weeks!Three More Weeks!Three More Weeks!Three More Weeks!Three More Weeks!Three More Weeks!Three More Weeks!Three More Weeks!Three More Weeks!Three More Weeks!Three More Weeks!.............ok, you get it....:combust:

you cannot bail out without permission young lady.

How is that you can get to SF and NYC and Brucce, but ya cant drvie to TO

what's up with that

:p

just so you dont feel so bad, guess what happened to me yesterday?

Got called into a meeting, cornered by controller, and 2 managers, and they roped me into doing inventory a-g-a-i-n..something I swroe id never do again.

Ask me when they scheduled inventory this year, come on ask me

usually scheduled end of month, this year they decided to do AFTER end of month so yup inventory takes places the weekend of Nov.3, yup

we're both losers -- of course I am still hoping to at least meet up with some people at some point over the course of the weekend. We shall see how the dice roll

Last edited:
There are two ways to visit Niagra Falls; usually, the hotels have a tour/shuttle that takes you to and from; they arrange tour guide, complete buffet lunch or dinner and some gambling spot overlooking the falls...

Or, we can rent a car or SUV and do it ourselves...this would be a great Sunday event...anyone?

OR better yet, I could check with our car service and get a price for a limo for 8 to 10...now, are there any thoughts??? :hmm:

InTO the Heart Fest

Hello ALL,

I am new to this site. I am an avid U2 fan as well. I am wondering if any of you would have time to fill me in on the InTO the Heart Fest in Toronto?
My husband and I are tossing around the idea but do not want to make the trek north without some insight on the weekend...

I checked out the website but would like to hear from someone who has been there in year's past.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Gathering of similar U-2 friends, we come from Europe, Canada and the US...we're from California but make the trek each year...lots of fun, drink, food, one of the finest U2 tribute bands EVER, Elevation Canada....make new friends, stay in a hotel, Sheraton Centre is the host location in downtown Toronto but the events are about the city...

Keep asking questions, you've got 21 days till the event starts...

Thank you for your quick response!
I reviewed the events that are listed on the Into the Heart website for that weekend. As you are familiar with this event, are there other places around Toronto that capitalize on this event as well?
I had noticed that most events are in the evening and the days are open. Besides sight-seeing during the day, are there any other U2-themed gatherings that take place around the city or is it mostly just the schedule of events that are listed on the Into the Heart Website?
If we were to come, I would definitely want to make the most out of my trip with other U2 fans..
I know I need to make the decision soon...if I want to save on the rooms at the Sharaton Centre.... I was looking at the prices.. NOT BAD

:crystal ball:

i see a merge in the verrrry near future! :wink:

Welcome friend...I'll offer a bit of insight into ITH

It's true, most of the events are in the evening time. But we tend to party well into the night, so alot are recouperating the next morning.

For those that do get up, there will be plenty of people at the Sheraton for breakfast/brunch/lunch gatherings, I would imagine..

That's not to mention the stuff you could get up to on your own and/or with the new friends you will most certainly make. Within a very short walk of the Sheraton is pretty much everything downtown Toronto has to offer like the CN Tower, Air Canada Centre and Rogers Centre for sporting events, the ROM (I would highly recommend, a must-see!), the AGO, many live theatres, restaurants galore of every culture/cuisine imaginable, Eaton Centre, Queen St W village, Yorkville, Yonge St, Harbourfront (dress warm!), and the list goes on. That's not even to mention the hundreds of club/bar options at night beyond just the ITH stuff.

All I'm saying is, if your adventurous, you will definitely not be bored, there's a ton of things to do in Toronto without even leaving the downtown core. To really be able to do it all, you'd probably need more like a week than a weekend :)

Last edited:
Mr. BAW said:
There are two ways to visit Niagra Falls; usually, the hotels have a tour/shuttle that takes you to and from; they arrange tour guide, complete buffet lunch or dinner and some gambling spot overlooking the falls...

Or, we can rent a car or SUV and do it ourselves...this would be a great Sunday event...anyone?

OR better yet, I could check with our car service and get a price for a limo for 8 to 10...now, are there any thoughts??? :hmm:

I'd be all for it - just as long as we were back in TO in time for me to go to work on Monday :wink:

A warning though - I've been the passenger in a car going to Niagara Falls on a Sunday and the traffic has been absolutely ridiculous... though there might be less on a Sunday in Nov than there was on a Sun in Aug *g*

Back
Top Bottom