MERGED ----> InTO The Heart - Nov 1-3, 2007 + InTO The Heart Fest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ladywithspinninghead said:
Is anything going on Thursday night Michelle, Sam?

I really want to go to something this year -had pneumonia last year and must work Sat and Sun this year - :grumpy:

I want to partake in something and of course I'd love to meet more Interferencers!

Hey Julie, we're working on something low-key for Thursday but won't know for sure until the end of the week. Are you able to make it to the //U2 Songbook// evening on Fri Nov 2?

:crossesfingers:

mishka
OUT OF CONTROL

cruzila said:
yippie.gif
yippie.gif
yippie.gif

Ok I love this smilie :shifty:

So I'm going to pitch the idea to my folks tonight and ask for some help with paying for it as a Christmas gift...

Hopefully this goes okay. I should have a better idea of if I'm coming or not by tomorrow.

ETA: I should be able to find a place to stay at a friend's (I know more Torontonians than is probably good for me), but it will be no doubt way out of the way from where the main events will be. Anybody have extra room in a hotel room that I could pitch on? I'll sleep on a floor if need be.

Last edited:
ladywithspinninghead said:
Is anything going on Thursday night Michelle, Sam?

I really want to go to something this year -had pneumonia last year and must work Sat and Sun this year - :grumpy:

I want to partake in something and of course I'd love to meet more Interferencers!

I'll be there on Thursday! :)
We can have a Sprite (In The Name Of Sodadrinks)-fest together. :p

Oooh! I love spending money.

Just booked the hotel and my flight to NYC. Now I just need to book the hotel in NYC.
I can't wait until 30 October!
:hyper:

michelleontheair said:

Hey Julie, we're working on something low-key for Thursday but won't know for sure until the end of the week. Are you able to make it to the //U2 Songbook// evening on Fri Nov 2?

:crossesfingers:

mishka
OUT OF CONTROL

I doubt it, I have to work Saturday morning. At 7am. in Ottawa. gah!

Sounds like there will be a few people about Thurs evening - I wasn't planning on coming to T.O. that week (I have Mon-Fri off)but if something is organized - low-key or not - I think I'll make the effort :up:

anitram said:

The airport is large and the renos done on it are quite gorgeous in T1 anyway. There's even a gallery of native Canadian art.

T1 is what every airport terminal should aspire to be like :drool:

DaveC said:
So I'm going to pitch the idea to my folks tonight and ask for some help with paying for it as a Christmas gift...

Hopefully this goes okay. I should have a better idea of if I'm coming or not by tomorrow.

ETA: I should be able to find a place to stay at a friend's (I know more Torontonians than is probably good for me), but it will be no doubt way out of the way from where the main events will be. Anybody have extra room in a hotel room that I could pitch on? I'll sleep on a floor if need be.

Well...it didn't quite go like I'd hoped, but they didn't say no. I'd say it's probably about 50-50 right now. :|

DaveC said:

Well...it didn't quite go like I'd hoped, but they didn't say no. I'd say it's probably about 50-50 right now. :|

Why can't you pay your own way? these kids, they can drink, they can party but they can't pay their own way....:giggle:

when my kids hit me up, I hand out the cash and then say, "I hope I have a good time!" :lol:

all in good fun, kid, all in good fun! :|

Popmartijn said:
Oooh! I love spending money.

Just booked the hotel and my flight to NYC. Now I just need to book the hotel in NYC.
I can't wait until 30 October!
:hyper:

You know, I still listn to that CD you made for me way back when! It was/is awesome! (i know, i was supposed to send one too :reject: )

It'll be cool to finally meet you :)

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Yeah, due to financial issues I may be pulling out. :|

After the weekend I ought to have a better idea.

Due to ridiculous visa restrictions, I may be forced to pull out! :( For an immigrant country, they sure make it hard for immigrants to get here!

DaveC said:

:pray:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Yeah, due to financial issues I may be pulling out. :|

:sad:

Zootlesque said:

Due to ridiculous visa restrictions, I may be forced to pull out! :( For an immigrant country, they sure make it hard for immigrants to get here!

:mad: :(

Mr. BAW said:
Como se dice en Espanol "rock on"....:lol:

Well, my Spanish is not so great anymore, but i think you're right, it IS "rock on"... :wink: :cute:

Zootlesque said:

What do you mean by visa restrictions??

I didn't find anything online that said i needed a visa to get into Canada... Am i wrong?????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

AngelK said:
What do you mean by visa restrictions??

I didn't find anything online that said i needed a visa to get into Canada... Am i wrong?????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

If you're visiting from the U.S. you will need a valid passport.

From the Travel section on the ITH site:

===========================
Entry into Canada

From the United States: U.S.-born citizens should carry a passport; naturalized citizens need naturalization certificates with photo I.D.; permanent residents (who are not citizens) need an alien-registration card. For recent travel information from the US Department of State:
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

From Countries Other Than the United States: In general, passports are required however visitors from countries other than the U.S. should call for further information:

From outside Canada, 1-800-992-7037
From within Canada, 1-888-242-2100
==========================

If you haven't renewed; you should still have time if you go NOW and apply for expedited service. Check the website above for details.

Michelle

michelleontheair said:

If you're visiting from the U.S. you will need a valid passport.

From the Travel section on the ITH site:

===========================
Entry into Canada

From the United States: U.S.-born citizens should carry a passport; naturalized citizens need naturalization certificates with photo I.D.; permanent residents (who are not citizens) need an alien-registration card. For recent travel information from the US Department of State:
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

From Countries Other Than the United States: In general, passports are required however visitors from countries other than the U.S. should call for further information:

From outside Canada, 1-800-992-7037
From within Canada, 1-888-242-2100
==========================

If you haven't renewed; you should still have time if you go NOW and apply for expedited service. Check the website above for details.

Michelle
I thought that non-passport holders could still drive across the border,,,,right? wrong?

Traveling to Canada by land border:

For those entering into Canada, you will require a birth certificate and/or photo identification such as a Driver's License.

Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative:

This travel initiative is being implemented in two phases. The first phase will be for air travel, and the second for land/sea travel.

For Air Travel
As of January 23, 2007, U.S. citizens and citizens of Canada, Mexico and Bermuda traveling by air between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda are now required to present a valid passport to enter (or re-enter) the U.S.

For Land/Sea Travel
As early as January 1, 2008, U.S. citizens traveling between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land or sea (including ferries), could be required to present a valid U.S. passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security in a forthcoming separate rule.

While recent legislative changes permit a later deadline, the Departments of State and Homeland Security are working to meet all requirements as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom