MERGED ----> InTO The Heart - Nov 1-3, 2007 + InTO The Heart Fest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
emot-dance.gif

Bono's American Wife said:

I am no match for Canadian drinkers :grumpy:

Yet. I am working on the training regime right now, I'll have it to you in a day or two.

Mishka, any chance we can get a bouncy castle, shove it in the Sheraton parking lot or something, I'm sure they won't mind. /jealousy :grumpy:

Anyone from NYC coming to Toronto? I have a few questions about transportation. I'll be flying to Toronto and leaving from NYC. But I need to find out a nice way to get from Toronto to NYC.
Anyone any good suggestions, what and where?

:)

Popmartijn said:
Anyone from NYC coming to Toronto? I have a few questions about transportation. I'll be flying to Toronto and leaving from NYC. But I need to find out a nice way to get from Toronto to NYC.
Anyone any good suggestions, what and where?

:)

if you want a really relaxing ride you can take a train..its really cheap.

13h on a train for $235 vs 2h on a airplane for $255 :scratch:

:hmm: for $ 20 more i think i would fly.

You get to spend more time with your friends before leaving, you get home faster and your body isn't numb after spending 13h sitting in the same position...

I've spent close to 6h on a train and more than 9h on a plane and let me tell you: it's not fun AT ALL!!!!

Good luck, i hope you find a nice fast way back home...

AngelK said:
13h on a train for $235 vs 2h on a airplane for $255 :scratch:

:hmm: for $ 20 more i think i would fly.

You get to spend more time with your friends before leaving, you get home faster and your body isn't numb after spending 13h sitting in the same position...

I've spent close to 6h on a train and more than 9h on a plane and let me tell you: it's not fun AT ALL!!!!

Good luck, i hope you find a nice fast way back home...

exactly - there's been some great airfares lately so I would fly in a heartbeat over the train unless I was into the whole 13 hr thing which I would probably choose to do elsewhere. Just make sure you leave yourself time in case the flight gets delayed as they often do going into NY. Just work in a few hours for a buffer and you're good. I'd def fly. even renting a car costs more than flying with a good fare, plus speeding tickets and for the amount of car time very little of it is interesting (no offense, but the mountains and valleys don't last the whole drive).

Questions... Questions... Questions...

:crazy:

I'm not really sure, but i think someone once mentioned that Pearson Airport is huge and you need to take a train inside the airport to go from one side to another and everything is very confusing, etc, etc... Is is true?

Also, what's the best way to get to the Sheraton Hotel?

Is anyone leaving from JFK Friday morning (11/02)?

I'm going alone, so any suggestions about what to do around the hotel during the day or where to meet everyone would be great.

I can't send or receive pms, but if anyone wants to get in touch with me, you can ask Mrs. Edge for my email address. :D

November can't get here soon enough....

:heart: :larry: :bono: :edge: :adam: :heart:

i believe there is a bus that takes you downtown and it stops at the sheraton centre.

there is a ton of things to do around the hotel...you will be right downtown!

The BAW's normally get a car service - Airborne Limo. Service recently changed names to Black Car Limo Service...they charge a flat rate, ask if tip is included or based upon service...

The Pearson Airport will not allow a car service to come in and wait for you (holds sign for AngelK)...after you go thru Customs, get ur bag, and go out to a Wait Station...you give them your name and the name of the car service; the car is summoned from the staging area and you're off....

Turi mentioned the bus but that;'s like a milkrun, its stops at a number of hotels along the way...car service is the only way we chose and its quite reasonable...

www.blackcarlimo.ca
(800) 461-7433...call and get an estimate...there several Sheraton's so make sure you tell them which airline and the Sheraton Centre...

Good luck, see you there....

Mr. BAW said:
Turi mentioned the bus but that;'s like a milkrun, its stops at a number of hotels along the way...car service is the only way we chose and its quite reasonable...

It's cheaper than a car service, but still relatively expensive as these things go - I've ridden it once before I lived in TO and I don't remember it stopping at the Sheraton at all... I'd definitely go with the car service :yes:

Some hotels have a shuttle that runs to the airport; I don't think the Sheraton does, but you could check that out as well :)

Is anything going on Thursday night Michelle, Sam?

I really want to go to something this year -had pneumonia last year and must work Sat and Sun this year - :grumpy:

I want to partake in something and of course I'd love to meet more Interferencers!

AngelK said:
Q
I'm not really sure, but i think someone once mentioned that Pearson Airport is huge and you need to take a train inside the airport to go from one side to another and everything is very confusing, etc, etc... Is is true?

You only need to take the rail train if you're changing terminals, and I don't see why you would be.

The airport is large and the renos done on it are quite gorgeous in T1 anyway. There's even a gallery of native Canadian art.

Back
Top Bottom