MERGED ----> InTO The Heart - Nov 1-3, 2007 + InTO The Heart Fest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. BAW said:
that plus the fact tht everyone can be in one place...the Sheraton has a great bar, restaurant and access to the underground...but on the other hand, all of YOUR comings and going can be monitored...:giggle:

let's not forget the 7 am pool party...in honor of it being 5 years I think that needs to be revisited

:mac:

Not lookin too good right now folks... and the longer I stay jobless, the less likely it's going to be that I can afford to head out to Toronto. :uhoh:

I really wanna go! :rant:

michelleontheair said:
Hi All -

inTO the Heart has secured a Host Hotel for 2007. It will once again be the Sheraton Centre Toronto (as in 2003 and 2004). We are still signing back the contract so I do not have a rate code for you YET but wanted to give you a head's up since they will be able to take ITH bookings at the end of the week.

The special ITH rates are:

Singles/Doubles: $129.00 CDN + tax
Club Level: $189.00 CDN + tax
Additional Person: $30.00 CDN + tax

ITH will have a special online booking page available later this week for you to make hotel reservations. You will get first dibs before this goes public!

mishka
OUT OF CONTROL

Any news about that?

I'm tryin', believe me.

If I can get a job by the end of the month, it's possible. I won't know for sure until mid-October though, probably.

gabrielvox said:

let's not forget the 7 am pool party...in honor of it being 5 years I think that needs to be revisited

We have no recollection of the pool party; it may have been during year of the Elevation tour and we missed T.O. :shrug: but there's always room to read about it...where, who, when and how did it end?????

Lol...there was a very small guest list for the "pool party". Even I only witnessed the aftermath :silent: ........

there's always bribery and...coughfavorscough....

Mr BAW - i think that would have been year 1 or 2, I don't think you guys came until year 3? or I'm not sure...at any rate I don't think y'all were at the ITH Im referring to..

Here's the timeline as I know it, maybe someone who was around at inception can also confirm...

Nov 2001 - Sam dreams up the U2_GTA group, Mark is one of the first members who introduce me to the group in an online sense

Dec 2001 - Elevation tour ends in Miami (I'm there)

Feb 2002 - U2_GTA Grammy party...where I met the gang in person...also U2 tribute Elevation's first ever performance

Nov 2002 - first anniversary of the founding of U2_GTA (but not yet called ITH) - we went to dinner and a screening of "U2 Go Home" SLane Castle..maybe something else but I don't recall...a Head's or Tails Elevation show maybe?

Nov 2003 - First ITH festival..I don't *think you guys were at this one...there was a Rattle N Hum screening, an October performance on Friday and an EXIT+Elevation performance on Saturday

Nov 2004 - 2nd ITH - I think this is where you guys first came, well that was where I first saw you at Bier Markt and then at Elevation's show on the Saturday

Nov 2005 - 3rd ITH / Toronto U2 shows - Atomic Jam party w/October, members of Elevation and assorted musicians/participants

Nov 2006 - 4th ITH - I wasn't able to be there, had US performances with UV..

the 'pool party' happened in 2003.....ETA: and none of us had swimming gear...it was very rock star :lmao:

gabrielvox said:
the 'pool party' happened in 2003.....ETA: and none of us had swimming gear...it was very rock star :lmao:
I think there's some footage of you guys, at least one of you...:giggle:

shrinkage.gif

wow, you are quite the historian Gabriel :lol: :up:

Nov 2003 - First ITH festival..I don't *think you guys were at this one...there was a Rattle N Hum screening, an October performance on Friday and an EXIT+Elevation performance on Saturday
I came to this one solo. I think I slept through the pool party, lol. I remember going to my room at the Sheraton somewhere around 3 a.m. while the after party was still in full force. I am no match for Canadian drinkers :grumpy:

Nov 2004 - 2nd ITH - I think this is where you guys first came, well that was where I first saw you at Bier Markt and then at Elevation's show on the Saturday
Rick and I were both at this one, with Doozer as our chaperon :D

Nov 2005 - 3rd ITH / Toronto U2 shows - Atomic Jam party w/October, members of Elevation and assorted musicians/participants
missed this one

Nov 2006 - 4th ITH - I wasn't able to be there, had US performances with UV..
Rick and I were both at this one

the 'pool party' happened in 2003.....ETA: and none of us had swimming gear...it was very rock star :lmao: [/B]
I can only imagine what I would have seen if I had a room overlooking the pool! :yikes: :wink:

BUBBLE-POPPIN’ SUGAR-DROPPIN’ ROCK AND ROLL!

Get ready to push the limits of your partying potential U2 fans -- the 5th annual inTO the Heart festival hits Toronto once again November 1-3, 2007!

ELEVATION the International U2 Tribute Band headlines a special anniversary weekend with a high-energy ‘Out of Control’ set featuring bubble-poppin’ sugar-droppin’ rock and roll of U2 classics, hits and rarities!

ITH is proud to announce the first-ever “U2 Songbook” experience featuring a stellar line-up of Toronto indie artists that will have you taking steps that make you feel dizzy with Jazz to Techno to Acoustic covers of U2 songs!

The ITH festival weekend will also feature a gallery U2 FAN PHOTO EXHIBIT, U2mart.com’s memorabilia, a special Opening Performance by the darlings of the Montreal indie scene – ACROBAT, prizes, a mixer and more!

The GTA is looking forward to welcoming U2 fans from all over the world; we are happy to announce ITH’s Host Hotel will be the centrally-located Sheraton Centre Toronto:

HOST HOTEL – Sheraton Centre Toronto, 123 Queen Street West, Toronto.
-- $129 single/double ($30 extra per person + tax)
-- $189 Club Level ($30 extra per person + tax)

Book BEFORE OCTOBER 18TH for this exclusive ITH rate!
http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=0709187805&key=3918B

ITH continues its tradition as a not-for-profit event; net proceeds will benefit the African Well Fund who will also be on-hand during the festival weekend. (http://www.africanwellfund.org)

See you in T.O. – the place to be Nov 1-3!

===
Looking forward to seeing many, many Interferencers again this year!! :)

Michelle
inTO the :heart:

Bono's American Wife said:
I remember going to my room at the Sheraton somewhere around 3 a.m. while the after party was still in full force. I am no match for Canadian drinkers :grumpy:

Believe me, there were verrrry few who actually made it to 7 am...and two of them are from yer neck of the woods :wink:

Back
Top Bottom