MERGED--> Anyone want to go to Vegas for St. Patrick's Day? + Elevation In Vegas News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
martha said:
Me
Sicy
ABEL
Mrs. Edge
JesseU2

Who else?

Dont forget daafish :heart: :wave:

Bono's American Wife, ghetofabu is probly going to go and maybe U2SavesTheWorld too. And isnt pubcrawler going?

Me
Sicy
ABEL
Mrs. Edge
jesseU2
daafish
Bono's American Wife
ghetofabu (maybe)
U2SavesTheWorld (maybe)
MissVelvetDress_75 (maybe)
Eebz
Icelle (maybe)
zonelistener (maybe)
pubcrawler

14 if erveryone makes it, plus a possible spouse (Mr. Mrs. Edge) or two (mine, although I doubt it).

Jess,

I have a question about the band. Are they playing both friday and saturday nites? Should we plan on meeting up for one of those nights and if so which one?

martha said:
Me
Sicy
ABEL
Mrs. Edge
jesseU2
daafish
Bono's American Wife
ghetofabu (maybe)
U2SavesTheWorld (maybe)
MissVelvetDress_75 (maybe)
Eebz
Icelle (maybe)
zonelistener (maybe)
pubcrawler

14 if erveryone makes it, plus a possible spouse (Mr. Mrs. Edge) or two (mine, although I doubt it).

**sniff, sniff** Have fun without me. :slant:

Hi Sicy,

Yes, they will be playing on all three nights, (15,16,17) and each night's show will be quite different. Hopefully I will be able to tell you all which "era" they will be playing on which nights closer to the dates.

I plan on going to all three shows, and would be delighted to meet up with anyone who can make any of these shows. In Toronto, they usually start at around 10:30 and play two sets finishing close to 2am. Not sure if the scenario will be exactly the same here...but it's possible. Usually the group of Toronto U2 fans gets together an hour or two before for dinner/drinking etc, and then we have a fabulous time at the show and sometimes go out for breakfast in the wee hours afterwards.

I guess we could complile a list of who will be there on which nights, and make plans from there. Same for where we are staying, daytime excursions etc.

I have another question, what are people doing for transportation? Renting cars? Going by cabs?

I don't know what everyone's plans for transportation are, but if my stepson and his gf don't go, we'll have room for 3 extras in our car if anyone needs a ride to the show, etc.

We're also thinking about changing our reservation to the Marriott but I'm having a hard time justifying $250 a night. Mr. BAW wants to stay there so we don't have to drive and can just stumble back to our room after the show but that's an awful lot of $$$. But on the other hand, we could have an after show Interference get together in our room! :hmm:

Thanks Jess. I'm going to start a thread with all the final plans once everyone gets their plans in order, and have everyone post their info and email me cell #'s.

We're renting a car to drive there so we'll have a car. Cabs arent too expensive since everything is pretty much within 5 miles of each other.

$250 is too pricey for me per night...plus during the day there's more stuff to do down on the strip.

Who all is staying till Monday for the St. Paddy's Day festivities?

I may need someone to stay with on Monday night, since Eebz is going back on Monday and I'm staying till Tuesday.

is anyone else having problems going to orbitz.com? for some reason, I keep getting an error in <unknown> message, and IE closes. I've tried rebooting my computer...I haven't been able to go to that website for days :shrug:

Well, we have booked our hotel. We are staying at the Best Western Mardi Gras which came (with taxes etc.) to $208 for the three nights. It chas a nice looking outdoor pool (important for me because I would like to do some lounging) and also comes with breakfast and is quite close to the strip, so I figured it was the best overall deal.

hmm, the Best Western prices don't sound bad...I'll have to look into the Best Western...I saw it in my searches but didn't pay much attention to it.

My plans to stay at our friend's place fell through, mostly because there's no shower available right now. :| (Long story.) So I'll hopefully be booking a place to stay today. I'll be staying Friday and Saturday nights. I have to go back on Sunday; I can't blow off two days of school. I'm thinking of staying in Henderson or Boulder: cheaper (I hope), quieter, and since I don't drink, distance from the gig is not an issue.

Like 02: What?! Get your butt up there girl!!

I dunno why but we are only paying $55 for Sunday night at Harrah's. Maybe you guys should check it out. :der:

I still think the Best Western Mardi Gras has the best prices for the location...it's not on the strip, but it's only 1/2 mile off the strip, and they have a complimentary shuttle to the strip...it wouldn't even be that bad of a walk.

here's the prices for one room with one queen size bed...they said there was an additional charge of $8 per person per room in addition to these prices.

3/14/03 $65.00 USD
3/15/03 $65.00 USD
3/16/03 $45.00 USD
3/17/03 $45.00 USD

Back
Top Bottom