MERGED--> Anyone want to go to Vegas for St. Patrick's Day? + Elevation In Vegas News - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2003, 07:12 PM   #121
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

Local Time: 07:12 PM
I've already put in for my vacation in March!

I'm planning on coming to Vegas!

Old 01-21-2003, 02:59 AM   #122
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 05:12 PM
ooooh...the marriott in summerlin, a beautiful part of vegas...it should be fun.

Old 01-21-2003, 07:11 PM   #123

someone should mark this thread 'important' too
Old 01-21-2003, 07:53 PM   #124
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:12 PM
Ok, ABEL.....here.
Old 01-21-2003, 11:35 PM   #125
BAW
The Flower

I don't know what everyone's plans are but we just booked a room at the Plaza at $90 for a petite suite but they have standard rooms for $65. It wasn't my first choice but I need to save a few bucks. Its near Fremont Street and looks okay.

If anyone finds a better deal at a nicer place, let me know cause this really isn't where I wanted to stay.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:15 AM   #126

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
Ok, ABEL.....here.

thanks
Old 01-22-2003, 04:22 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
I don't know what everyone's plans are but we just booked a room at the Plaza at $90 for a petite suite but they have standard rooms for $65. It wasn't my first choice but I need to save a few bucks. Its near Fremont Street and looks okay.

If anyone finds a better deal at a nicer place, let me know cause this really isn't where I wanted to stay.
Freemont Street is downtown isn't it? (I don't know my Vegas geography very well). I think it's better to stay somewhere on the Strip, that's where all the action and shows are, then maybe take a taxi downtown for a few hours if you want to see downtown (u2 moment ).

Last time I checked the Holiday Inn Boardwalk had decent prices, it's not the fanciest, but it's located next to NYNY. I'll check the website...hotels.com may have some good prices too, I haven't checked there yet.

What days/nights did you make your reservations for BAW? I'm planning on getting to Vegas sometime on Friday (late morning/early afternoon) and flying back on Tuesday.

It's getting closer and closer!

Will there be some sort of sign up list besides this thread so we know exactly how many are going?
Old 01-22-2003, 04:31 AM   #128

prices for Holiday Inn Boardwalk, for one person for 3 nights, arriving on March 14, staying for 3 nights, their cheapest rate is $301.90 (which includes all 3 nights, I think).

For 4 adults sharing a room with one roll away bed, the cheapest price is $432.70 which would be approximately $108 per person

I hope I did that right

the website for holiday inn is https://www.hiboardwalk.com/
Old 01-22-2003, 01:44 PM   #129
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Local Time: 09:12 PM
Hmmmm. Well it looks like I have to choose between Vegas and Cleveland. This is going to be a tough one!!
Old 01-22-2003, 01:54 PM   #130
BAW
The Flower

Quote:
Originally posted by ABEL

Freemont Street is downtown isn't it? (I don't know my Vegas geography very well). I think it's better to stay somewhere on the Strip, that's where all the action and shows are, then maybe take a taxi downtown for a few hours if you want to see downtown (u2 moment ).

Last time I checked the Holiday Inn Boardwalk had decent prices, it's not the fanciest, but it's located next to NYNY. I'll check the website...hotels.com may have some good prices too, I haven't checked there yet.

What days/nights did you make your reservations for BAW? I'm planning on getting to Vegas sometime on Friday (late morning/early afternoon) and flying back on Tuesday.

It's getting closer and closer!

Will there be some sort of sign up list besides this thread so we know exactly how many are going?

Holiday Inn Boardwalk is HORRIBLE. I stayed there 2 years ago and would never, ever stay there again.

I really don't want to stay downtown but my husband went ahead and made a reservation because he's all panicky that no rooms will be available because its St. Paddy's weekend. I want to stay on the strip so I'm gonna keep working on that.

We'll be driving in Friday morning but we have to leave on Sunday because of kids and work, etc. I wish we could stay till Tuesday but its just not possible.

I think it would be good to get list going as far where we're all staying so we can coordinate. Maybe when a few more people make reservations we can start making a list?
Old 01-23-2003, 12:02 AM   #131

I'm still looking....I'm checking out Travelocity right now, I found a rate for a room for 4 adults for $149.95 for friday and saturday night, $150.95 for Sunday and Monday night, bringing the total price to $576.00 for march 14-19, (split that 4 ways and that's not too bad) at the San Remo Hotel, on the strip.

There's good deals out there if you do a little searching...travelocity.com, hotels.com, cheaptickets.com, any of those type of sites
Old 01-23-2003, 10:00 AM   #132
Neon Zebra

the marriott is located in summerlin.
summerlin is 8 miles w. of downtown, 12 miles nw. of the strip.
yes, fremont street is downtown. and it is much nicer than it used to be, but it still sucks. see it anyway, of course, bc of 'still haven't found' video. it has changed tremendously, though, since then.
whether you decide to stay uptown or downtown, you will still need transportation to the show.
i called around to some various hotels which i know are decent...staying on the strip will be very pricey that weekend, so i didn't even bother with those hotels bc it sounds like you all want a good deal...these are the three best deals i could find in decent hotels...prices based on double occupancy.

circus circus
fri. 14th-sat.15th
$99.00 per night
sun. 16th-tues. 18th
$54.00 per night
(800) 634-3450

golden nugget downtown
fri. 14th-sat.15th
$99.00 per night
sun. 16th-tues. 18th
$59.00 per night
(800) 634-3454

castaways
fri. 14th
$59.00 per night
sat. 15th
$69.00 per night
sun. 16th-tues 18th
$29.00 per night

i hope this helps...see you at the show. i only wish my place was big enough, so you could all stay here!

cheers!
viva las vegas!
mindy
Old 01-23-2003, 12:12 PM   #133

thanks for the info bonosgirl

I still think staying on the strip is better than downtown, like you said, downtown sucks, lol.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:14 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Edge
Hmmmm. Well it looks like I have to choose between Vegas and Cleveland. This is going to be a tough one!!
Cleveland is toooo coooollllld for me, plus I'm too broke right now...by March I should have my tax refund
Old 01-23-2003, 12:32 PM   #135

hey bonosgirl, what do you know about the Sahara? I just found the lowest price I've seen for a hotel on the strip (so far).

a room for 4 people: Friday night $149.95 Saturday $139.95 Sunday $85.95 Monday$85.95

Imperial Palace doesn't have bad prices either
Standard 4 People Fri. $169.95 Sat $149.95 Sun $95.95 Mon $95.95