MERGED ----> any fans from australia? + Aussie U2 fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got an email back from Melbourne IMAX, basically saying they can't confirm anything other than what's already on the website... no prices, no session times/dates, no booking stuff.

:madwife:

Better keep refreshing the IMAX website, I suppose!

^It's bloody expensive being a U2 fan :wink:

So, is there a way to book in advance without a credit card? I guess you can't just buy the tickets on the day. Can you have them reserved or something and pay on the day? we have to travel for 4 hours to Sydney so I don't want to get down there and find there's no tickets :(

Either way I can't wait :yippie: :yippie:

Give imax a call to double check this, but I'm 99% sure that you can just rock up and buy them on the day. As long as its not selling out, I'm sure you'd be able to do that.

:hmm: Thanks luna, I'll have a look into it... Just don't wanna risk travelling all that way and find it's sold out...
Think I might try to sweet talk my uncle for his credit card :shifty:
C'mon April... :drool:

SAT 12th dinner MEETUP melbourne
6 pm
table is under the name of Interference ( they also have my name) open to any melb interferencers who would like to meet up prior to u23d screening at 830 .

at Pugg Mahones in carlton, its on the corner of elgin and drummond st and is 10 mins walk from imax, seems like a nice irish pub,
http://www.puggscarlton.com.au/?home

Wow, U23D was incredible! Was anyone else there on friday the 12th?

I was totally blown away! I dragged a couple of friends along who weren't really that into U2 and managed to successfully convert them!

Hi girls and boys.....I have just found this site....I am from Perth...love the boys too...I met them in Dublin in September...Bono was absolutley gorgeous...so gracious with his fans...and patient...so nice to hear there are so many of us in the land of Oz Suzanna:wave:

any aussie fans here who want to get to know people better, or the place better, or whatever, get over to the out of control forum, and there'll be plenty of trans-tasman people hanging out in one of the superthreads (the ones with stupid names). :wave:

Hi Suzanna:wave:

looking for aussie fans

:wave:hi im new here
my names ashleigh im 17 (18 in july woot woot)
im from australia
and ive loved u2 since i was 15 (not very long iknow)
im looking for any aussie u2 fans(or anyone) to chat 2 about the boys, the music and any other u2 related thing lol
as none of my friends like them and are sick of hearing about them
but i cant get enough
hope to hear from you

:wave:hi im new here
my names ashleigh im 17 (18 in july woot woot)
im from australia
and ive loved u2 since i was 15 (not very long iknow)
im looking for any aussie u2 fans(or anyone) to chat 2 about the boys, the music and any other u2 related thing lol
as none of my friends like them and are sick of hearing about them
but i cant get enough
hope to hear from you

Hiya! :wave:

Im an aussie U2 fan as well
I was 18 in June!
My friends are pretty much fed up with the way I rant about U2 too! So its great coming here to chat with all the like minded fans!

Hiya! :wave:

Im an aussie U2 fan as well
I was 18 in June!
My friends are pretty much fed up with the way I rant about U2 too! So its great coming here to chat with all the like minded fans!

I'm not Australian (sorry, wish I was... you really do have the COOLEST accent) - but I love your name Luna Lovegood :D I wish I'd made a Harry Potter related name now :|

I'm not Australian (sorry, wish I was... you really do have the COOLEST accent) - but I love your name Luna Lovegood :D I wish I'd made a Harry Potter related name now :|

Thankyou :D

I love Luna! she's so great!

I'm always surprised at how many people around here pick up on the reference. I always figured Harry Potter and U2 were world's apart, but I get quite a few compliments about it!

(and, yes, I quite like our accents too! Oz is an awesome place to live!)

Thankyou :D

I love Luna! she's so great!

I'm always surprised at how many people around here pick up on the reference. I always figured Harry Potter and U2 were world's apart, but I get quite a few compliments about it!

(and, yes, I quite like our accents too! Oz is an awesome place to live!)

I didn't know there were that many Harry Potter fans on here, where are they all hiding?! They do seem like worlds apart... but I'm addicted to both, so hey!
I love Luna, I really wanted her and Harry to get together in the end. Or at least her and Neville!

I'd kill to live in Australia, I'm extremely jealous :angry: :wink:

Harry Potter + U2 = greatest ever obsessions! I can't remember who is it was, but an interferencer mentioned to me that during the lead up to the release of book 7, there was quite a bit of buzz over in some of the sub forums about it. I wish I'd been around on interference then! Guess I was too busy avoiding the internet for spoilers!!

Back
Top Bottom