MERGED ----> any fans from australia? + Aussie U2 fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nah its been pretty warm here lately.. shorts and singlet.. even in the recent rain it wasnt cold..

don't tell me i'm the first one from perth on here? a few mates and i trekked across for the first sydney show back in november. twas awesome!

Hi folks :wave: Another Melbournite here! Melb I and II were my first ever U2 shows... :drool: Not the last though!
(That's what I get for not becoming a fan until AFTER the Popmart tour... :sigh: )

:wave:

hi!

Proud Aussie U2 fan reporintg in!!

I'm from Northern Suburbs Sydney.....

10th Nevember last year was my first ever U2 concert. It was the best night of my life!!!

hi i m from geelong,a newbie here but long time fan, went to both shows in melbourne and lost my mind!

i kind of describe it like loosing your virginity, the best sex of your life, your wedding day and having a baby all rolled into one. and then times it by a million.
it was what i had waited my entire life for. i didnt get to the 93 tour as i was too young, missed 98 as i was pregnant and couldnt stand for that long (stupid ex husband wouldnt let me go!)
anyway glad to chat with any aussie fans who understand a rabid passion for the band!

mysterious_jen said:
hi i m from geelong,a newbie here but long time fan, went to both shows in melbourne and lost my mind!

i kind of describe it like loosing your virginity, the best sex of your life, your wedding day and having a baby all rolled into one. and then times it by a million.

hah! Thats a good description.

Its hard to put into words what its like going to your first U2 concert, but you came close!

When the entire of telstra stadium went pitch black, and 80 000 people fell silent, and Edge began to play COBL....I actually died. :love:

definatley !!!!!!!! i knew i was in for a big night when i was choking back tears walking up the steps to the stadium! i got hold of an audio bootleg and when COBL starts ... gives me chills ... i can also hear myself doing the longest highest pitch scream ever.
strange what this band can do to usually composed people!

Rochelle D said:
im a sydney girl...well lower blue mountians

i have been a fan scince March 2005 and im at school year 9 studing Commerce and Japanese

Whey! I'm from the Blue Mountains...only mid (or is it upper?) mountains.

*goes back to lurking*

"definatley !!!!!!!! i knew i was in for a big night when i was choking back tears walking up the steps to the stadium! i got hold of an audio bootleg and when COBL starts ... gives me chills ... i can also hear myself doing the longest highest pitch scream ever.
strange what this band can do to usually composed people!"

Hah. Yep, I'm in the same. When I walked into the stadium, and caught my first glimpse of the stadium, all vertigo-y...my heart stopped. Then when COBL finally started, me and my 3 other U2 crazed friends broke into fits of U2-related fan girl screaming and crying.....good times!

How did you get hold of a bootleg? Thats fantastic! Ebay......?

Did you here about U23D later in the year? Wasnt that filmed in Melbourne.....or was it Argentina....? or both.......? That must have been exciting!

I'm praying they release the film down in Aus. We seem to be easily forgetten with stuff like this!

i did see something about U2 3d, omg they better release it here !!!!!!!! i see a camp out for the premiere . i know they were filming 1st night of melbourne for something.

Australia is a brilliant country to live in but we do miss so much U2 related action !

the bootleg was soemthing that was pulled from ebay , but i ended up with it as a private sale.

because we miss soo much down here i've decided to save up and try to get tickets to all the shows on the next tour (if it hapens in like 2010!!!!) and totally stalk the band untill i meet them.
well i can dream cant i!!!!!
or do a pilgimage to Dublin....

mysterious_jen said:
because we miss soo much down here i've decided to save up and try to get tickets to all the shows on the next tour (if it hapens in like 2010!!!!) and totally stalk the band untill i meet them.
well i can dream cant i!!!!!
or do a pilgimage to Dublin....

Yep, Its a pilgimage to Dublin for me!!:up:

Another Aussie here, from the far south coast of NSW, just past Batemans Bay.

:wave:

I saw 2 of the concerts in Sydney and I would have to say, without a doubt, they were the absolute best shows I have ever seen.

Memories that will last a life time

mysterious_jen said:

Hey, I'm from Geelong too!! Now when I see someone in a U2 t-shirt I'll think, "is that you Mysterious Jen?" I do see a girl at my work who wears the grey Vertigo sleeveless t-shirty thing, could that be you??????

hi there ! if you see me you will know me i have u2 number plates,

131_3124.jpg

and am often in a u2 tshirt of various kinds i have about 20 of them lol
i will post a pic in pleba soon.

wanted to pm or email you but i cant ! :sad: can i ask where you work of you are in a craft shop and i am a beader there is a fair chance i have been there ( usually with 2 awful kids in tow!)

mysterious_jen said:
wanted to pm or email you but i cant ! :sad: can i ask where you work of you are in a craft shop and i am a beader there is a fair chance i have been there ( usually with 2 awful kids in tow!)

I'm sure that you would know me!!! Here's a few clues,
it's one of the two major crafty shops in Geelong,
I used to have long hair but now it's short,
I've worked in the same place for about 8 years,
there's a fair chance I would have told your kids to "be careful", code for "stop bloody messing up the beads that I've just tidied for the hundreth time today."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom