MERGED ----> Any 40+(or thereabouts) U2 fans out there? + I dont need a hot water...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irisred

The Fly
Any 40+(or thereabouts) U2 fans out there?

Hi, are there any U2 fans in the 40ish age group out there who'd like to get in touch with me? Doesn't matter where you're from, I'll still talk to you. You can email me at tracytompkins_4@hotmail.com

Thanks for your replies, nice to know I'm not the only one out there! Would like to hear more about you both, (like is it normal for a 40 year old to have such an obsession with Bono!) Please let me know if I'm normal. You can email me or I do use MSN messenger, you can find me on there. :wave:

Hi, Late 40's huge U2 fan here. I have also turned my 2 children into fans. Have brought them both to a concert! I cannot wait for the new album and tour. Forties fan from Boston.

BONOCHK said:
Hi, Late 40's huge U2 fan here. I have also turned my 2 children into fans. Have brought them both to a concert! I cannot wait for the new album and tour. Forties fan from Boston.
How on earth did you manage to get your kids into U2? My daughters into Marilyn Manson :rolleyes: and whenever my son hears U2 he rolls his eyes and says "oh God, that's mum off to Bono land again!" Never mind, they're still young. :shrug:

Hi, I'm born in the same year as Bono and Adam.

You sound perfectly normal to me.

My daughters like Avril Lavigne and Hillary Duff. They call U2 'The Beautiful Day Guys'.

:wave:

Late 40's fan as well, and I must admit I also wonder is it "normal" to be such a big fan (especially of Bono) but I justify it by telling myself it is because he is such a beautiful human being and is one of many who has been put on this earth to teach us and show us the way. I doubt there is a single fan who has not learnt something from Bono and would love in some small way to be just like him too!
To me he is just a beautiful example of pure love.
:heart: :heart: :bono:

ME2U2 said:
Late 40's fan as well, and I must admit I also wonder is it "normal" to be such a big fan (especially of Bono) but I justify it by telling myself it is because he is such a beautiful human being and is one of many who has been put on this earth to teach us and show us the way. I doubt there is a single fan who has not learnt something from Bono and would love in some small way to be just like him too!
To me he is just a beautiful example of pure love.
:heart: :heart: :bono:
Couldn't agree more! :up:

Mr. BAW said:
I'm 52 and I'd rather hang out with the mature women! :up:

So how about that band????? :lol:
Yeah, us mature women are pretty cool. As for "that band" what can I say, sigh, words fail me! :sigh:

I dont need a hot water bottle, I need a bass player.

I'm 40, and have been lusting after Adam Clayton forover 20 years. I see it as a healthy occupation.

It proves that just because we are more mature, doesn't mean we have to wear polyester clothes and carpet slippers.
Our arthritic hands can still pinch a firm sexy bum when they have to, and the fire down stairs hasn't gone out and is easily stoked back to life by the sight of an english man with a large bass guitar.

Theres many a good tune played on and old fiddle.

I will turn 40 in one week. I'm having a tad bit of a problem with it. I used to say "Oh, I can't wait to turn 40! That's when everything starts "happinen" for women!" Now, I'm just not so sure. I've loved U2 (especially Bono) since one week before I got married - 16 years ago. My husband took me to see Rattle and Hum. I feel I'm much too old to be so obsessed, but, alas - what the hell! This is it, my one and only life here on earth! My husband is a poop and my job bores me to death! Bono TOTALLY TURNS ME ON!

Back
Top Bottom