MERGED ----> a reminder to all ny u2 fans + a review of the unforgettable fire show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
a reminder to all ny u2 fans

the u2 tribute band "unforgettable fire" is playing tommorrow night, friday may 2nd, at flannery's on w. 14th st.

no, I'm not in the band or know them.

I hope it's good.:wink:

a review of the unforgettable fire show

:up:
first of all, that guy looks EXACTLY like bono; same moves, gestures, body type...and that face....it's ridiculous. (2 people should not be allowed to look that much alike).

the music: very very good. sounds like bono. the bass was right on. drums were good. guitar was a little quiet in the mix for me; and I expected even a closer edge sound than what he had, but still very good.

setlist: (what I remember)
1. 11 o'clock tick tock
2. a sort of homecoming
3. god part 2
4. angel of harlem
5. exit
6. still haven't found
7. unforgettable fire
8. all I want is you
9. desire

oh yeah, MLK was in there too.
so apparently they do different "period" setlists and they were dressed more in the rattle and hum look.
I'd definitely go see them again.
:yes: :yes:

jofo i'm disapointed... you missed the entire second set! uf hung out downstairs at flannery's for 40 minutes or so, did a quick wardrobe change, drank some beers, did some shots, and it was back up stairs for the elevation period set of the show. they kicked through all the ones you'd expect... elevation, bd, uteotw, new year's day, streets, quite a few more that i forget... ending it off, by crowd demand, with out of control.
this was my second uf show, and i can't wait for the third. you truely do forget you're at a tribute band and think you're at an actuall u2 show by the second song. great guys too, if you ever get the chance to meet them personaly. in two shows they've deffinetly made a believer out of me. i'm pissed that i have to go somewhere saturday night, or i'd deffinetly make it down to peggy o'neill's in brooklyn. the next show after that one is at rookies bar in crommwell, ct i think. i'm thinkin' of going, but it looks to be quite a drive from long island. that's the last show they have posted for may, hopefully they'll have their june schedule up soon. next time they play manhattan, we are deffinetly going to have to make it an interference night with the unforgettable fire. i'll e-mail tony to see when they're playing manhattan again, and i'll make a thread here to let everyone know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom