MERGED ----> A Fan Celebration: 1st Ever LA U2 Fan Convention + BP Fallon Added...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ABEL said:

and i chose not to drive because they are gonna be tearing up hwy 15 and it will only be one lane in some parts. i didn't want my 4 hour drive turning into a frustrating 6 hours.

believe me, i thought about this long and hard. i have known about the vegas trip about 2 weeks longer than the U2 convention and i just now bought the tickets because i was still torn about it.

and it wasn't a slam against anyone, MR BAW. i would love to meet everyone too and like i said, i had to make a choice.

Doozer61 said:

and i chose not to drive because they are gonna be tearing up hwy 15 and it will only be one lane in some parts. i didn't want my 4 hour drive turning into a frustrating 6 hours.

I just drove from LA to Vegas last month and there was construction on 15. It didn't seem to affect the traffic but it also could be that I was on the road at 6:00 AM :crack:

It was my first time driving through the desert. I thought it was a beautiful drive...

my sister, who was in charge of the map and watching for the road signs, decided to take pictures of the scenery since neither one of us had ever seen anything like it before. I had zero clue what our next turn was since she was supposed to be paying attention. You can't tell by this small version of the picture but the road sign is the exit for hwy 10...the turn we were supposed to make, but my sister didn't notice because she was too busy with the camera. :der: Only my sister could manage to take a picture of the road sign we need to follow. :shifty: It wasn't the only time on the trip that we had to turn around.

33%3B6897923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2328%3D777%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E232358%3A433854ot1lsi

LA's The Joshua Tree w/ special guest EXIT - Sat. Oct. 9th

JT-Exit.jpg

The Joshua Tree is pleased to announce that they will be playing at RIPTIDE in Rancho Cucamonga on Saturday Night, October 9th (the night before the U2 Convention in Ontario) 9 p.m. - 12:00 p.m.

We are also very excited to announce that EXIT will be opening up the show at 9PM. EXIT will be doing an instrumental set of their original songs. Hopefully, we can persuade them to treat us to some U2 too! You won't want to miss seeing Affa, Captive and Dim! Visit their website at: www.exit-band.com

For all you U2 fanatics that are attending the Ontario U2 Convention, The location of RIPTIDE is less than 15 minutes away from The Ontario Convention Center.

You will be able to purchase pre-sale tickets on our website for $5.00 or at the door the day of the show for $7.00.

For pre-sale tickets, click the link below.

Looking forward to seeing ya all,

WALK ON.....

RIPTDE is at:

6620 Carnelian
Rancho Cucamonga

PRE-SALE TICKETS $5.00 AT WWW.U2JT.COM OR $7.00 AT THE DOOR
RIPTIDE IS AT THE NORTH WEST CORNER OF CARNELIAN AND 19TH, NEXT TO THE 210 FREEWAY

Last edited:
I'll bet you a Riverside dollar that there are plenty of tickets...while I expect a nice crowd, no way they're gonna sell out that convention center...BAW and I drove by it and the hotel on Friday...nice and within 500 yards of each other!

:up:

If you get stuck in a jam, or if you wanna wait till the last minute, you can call me or BAW at the location to check out ticket possibilities but I don't think there's a problem...:) we'll be there early!

Hey Mr. BAW. We really hope you and Mrs. BAW can make it.

I know from reading other posts here that you have seen other tribute's such as Propaganda in O.C. and Zoo Station up in S.F. All I can say is that I promise we won't dissapoint. It will be a great show and with the lovely ladies from EXIT opening, I am sure it will be a blast.

God bless, hope to see you there sipping tea.

Jason and The Joshua Tree

Wow! Exit has lotsa love from the BAWs! That's really cool that you have seen them in all those places. I know they have a pretty loyal following. Some of their fans have come to see us recently.

It will be a bit different without Nikki, but I have no doubts the girls will pull it off. There was interest expressed from their fans on the Yahoo U2LA site about them playing instrumentally because they are still looking for a lead singer and haven't played in awhile. We're extremely happy they agreed to do a show with us. We're hopefull it won't be the only time because we're looking forward to possibly opening some shows for them in the future once they've found their lead singer.

Looking forward to meeting you and the Misses.

Update!

We have just been asked to be a part of the Ontario fan convention. (Thank you Elevation USA)

We will be playing around noon or 1pm doing an acoustical set. We'll do 3 or 4 songs and then open it up for a karaoke sing-a-long for anyone who's interested in giving their best Bono impersonation.

We'll see you at both now!

Jason.

For all who are subscribed to this thread, there has been a change in venue for this show.

The new venue will be:

CUE &VIEW
7985 VINEYARD AVE
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA
(909) 481-4949

Exit the 10 Freeway at Vineyard and head north. Cue & View is just minutes north of the Ontario Convention Center in the center on the Northeast corner of Vineyard and Foothill Blvd

This venue is closer to the convention center and surrounding hotels than the previous place we had booked.

Well see you there!

B.B. Jones

LA's Joshua Tree/EXIT Oct. 9th SHOW LOCATION CHANGED!

ACHTUNG Y'ALL!!!

The venue location for the Joshua Tree/EXIT October 9th show has been changed.

The new venue is:

CUE &VIEW
7985 VINEYARD AVE
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA
(909) 481-4949

Exit the 10 Freeway at Vineyard and head north. Cue & View is just minutes north of the Ontario Convention Center in the center on the Northeast corner of Vineyard and Foothill Blvd

For all of you who are going to the convention and staying in the area, this venue is closer than the last place we had booked.

If this is the first you've heard of this show, please check out our other thread on this forum or visit our website at www.u2jt.com

You won't want to miss it!!!

See you there!

B.B. Jones

Back
Top Bottom