Melbourne Meet Up thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was always a crappy batsman. Half the time I don't really extend the bat out in front of me as far as I should. I was always a bowler.

It seems like a lot of people weren't around back in the day that this was my avatar! It's the only other one I've ever had. But it seems Interference's membership has certainly come and gone since 2004.

Alisaura said:
Yeah, I guess I'd do better than that... and I'd probably remember to not drop the bat if I had to run, as well :wink:

You spell words one way and pronounce them any damn way you please and now I read that you have to hold on to the bat when you run? What kind of heathens are you people anyway???? :yikes:

:wink:

I preferred fielding, especially if I was in a spot where no-one ever hit the ball. I think everyone was happier with me out of the way when it came to school sports :lol: *is unco*

I guess that happens with every album, especially since they're so far apart now :)madwife: ) ... :shrug:

All I know is that there aren't many left from 2000/2001 now :huh:

indra said:
You spell words one way and pronounce them any damn way you please and now I read that you have to hold on to the bat when you run? What kind of heathens are you people anyway???? :yikes:

It's Australia; upside-down, inside-out, and utterly uncaring about the vagaries and inconsistencies of the English language :D :up:

Ugh, who knew I'd get all patriotic just 'cos it's Australia Day ... :uhoh:

I don't think my parents have any booze that I'd want to drink (ie, full of sugar and not tasting of alcohol).... :madspit:
Left the litre of kahlua in Melbourne :grumpy:

coolian2 said:
That is the Underwaterer, i presume.

I'll be there in, ahhhhh....July.

That's one slow tram.

mysterious_jen said:
mabey.... if i dont drink it on the train on the way up :lol:

Don't get sloshed before you even get into the city! :lol:

So, those of you coming from Geelong/Werribee, what train do you think you'll catch?

mysterious_jen said:
im thinking the 230 from geelong gets in about 3.30

Righto - looking at the timetable, I see there's a 2:29pm out of South Geelong that reaches Spencer Street at 3:33pm. I'll aim to get to Spencer Street a little beforehand and amuse myself with photographing trains. Is there a specific platform that Geelong trains always go to at Spencer Street? If you don't know, I'll just wait on the overbridge linking the platforms at the Bourke Street (northern) end.

And yes, I'll definitely have my camera with me. :)

The 'fro is Adam Clayton October-era-tastic. :wink:

I'll try to find my Joshua Tree t-shirt amidst my pile of ironing that never seems to do itself. Though the forecast is currently for 27 degrees, so I'll probably be wearing a long-sleeved shirt instead. I need to keep my arms out of the sun, and anything over 24 is really too hot to wear a blazer over the Joshua Tree shirt.

Wait, so both COBL_04 and bono_man2002 are tall Victorian U2 fans named Daniel? FFS! It was bad enough having one of them making me feel short!

I'd bring some of my bootlegs if, you know, we had something to play them on. I'll try to bring some of my U2 stuff anyhow. I'm pretty poor so I can't really splurge on food/booze ... I'm trying to decide what to bring. Maybe I should bring some of my apple and cinnamon muffins? I was planning to bake some tomorrow anyway ...

:lol: It's cheaper than buying the stuff pre-made and somewhat enjoyable too.

I have the ingredients for either apple and cinammon or chocolate muffins. I suppose I'll have to bake a batch and bring some along. Anyone else got anything they can bring? Does anybody have something like a picnic blanket? I'm sure we don't have to have one, but it could be handy ...

Back
Top Bottom