Melbourne Meet Up thread - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2008, 06:30 AM   #241
Refugee

Local Time: 12:27 AM
I hope you had a nice weekend Alisaura

I'm pretty pooped, it's been a long day! It's a big shame about yesterday ... and the fact that Axver's muffins didn't work out - it must of been a sign!!

Still, it'll be great to organise a catch up soon I'm not sure about Feb 3, but the 17th would definately be a go-er for me!

I'm definately going to see the Nick Cave exhibit at the Arts Centre on February 15 with my sis (at 6pm .. there's a special thing on that evening) ... so if anyone fancies going, it'd be nice to say howdy

Old 01-28-2008, 06:45 AM   #242
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura
People who hate clubs and like conversations!

I never set foot in a nightclub until last year, and that was only because it was part of a friend's hen's night. I'm not keen to repeat the experience...

I tried to join a lapidary club in Canberra... same thing, retired 50+ people who were very nice, but just not my scene.
I've never set foot in a nightclub full stop. I'd rather not ever! Pubs are bad enough. There are only so many smoky rooms full of 40-something potbellied drunk men that I can handle in this lifetime. Even more drunk 20-somethings whose speech is inaudible over blaring music sounds even worse.

I always find going to railway enthusiast societies to be very welcoming, but it's just too hard to relate to a wholly 50+ crowd. The politics tend to be more conservative, the music/entertainment tastes are different, etc. I wouldn't dare say I listen to metal in such circles!

... though it would be funny to turn up at a heritage railway and see a guy slide out from under a locomotive with a Mayhem shirt on!

(If you don't know the story of Mayhem, the important points are this: 1. seminal black metal band, 2. one band member, Dead, is uh dead; bandmate Euronymous found him, took photos, made a necklace from Dead's skull fragments, and one of the photos was used as the cover of the Dawn of the Black Hearts bootleg, and 3. band member Count Grishnackh murdered Euronymous.)

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:46 AM   #243
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by TranceEnding
I'm definately going to see the Nick Cave exhibit at the Arts Centre on February 15 with my sis (at 6pm .. there's a special thing on that evening) ... so if anyone fancies going, it'd be nice to say howdy
Ooh, I might make that the day I go, then... I usually finish work at 6pm and it'd take me 15 mins or so to get to the gallery...

I did have a good weekend... punctuated with pancakes and brownies and 2nd hand book shops...
Old 01-28-2008, 06:49 AM   #244
Blue Crack Supplier

Grishnackh, as in the orc dude from LOTR?

Crikey.

All I can say is, thank goodness for that no-smoking-indoors-anywhere rule!!
Old 01-28-2008, 06:56 AM   #245
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura
Grishnackh, as in the orc dude from LOTR?

Crikey.
That's the one.

Mayhem's Count Grishnackh is better known as Varg Vikernes, racist neo-Nazi fuckwit whose solo project, Burzum, is apparently nonetheless incredible black metal. I'm yet to listen, as I don't think I could even tolerate illegally downloading anything the guy has ever done!

Quote:
All I can say is, thank goodness for that no-smoking-indoors-anywhere rule!!
That is made of win.

Though it cracks me up whenever I pass the Royal Melbourne Hospital walking from the route 55 to university and there's mobs of people smoking outside. What, to speed up the transition from smoking a fag to the lung cancer ward?

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-29-2008, 01:26 AM   #246
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by cinnaminson
I used to go out to the "dicotheque" when I was 18 and 19. It was fun then but kissing random boys and getting totally bladdered isn't attractive when yer a little bit older.
Boom-cha!
Old 01-29-2008, 02:39 AM   #247
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:57 PM
add me to the list of people who dont do pubs/ clubs shudder...

i cant handle superficial chicks, or the men who seek them in those places.

i much prefer a few bevvies at home, decent music , play some cards hve a good yack and a good laugh .
Old 01-29-2008, 07:07 AM   #248
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:27 PM
Lol! This is great! We all hate clubs!!
Old 01-29-2008, 07:18 AM   #249
Acrobat

"If you went to the Uni of Melbourne, you'll know what I mean when I say that the lower two floors of the ERC are heaven. Well, were heaven. Here's hoping the current renovations don't brutalise them too much. I need my humanities archive! I just love flicking through all the old books and documents. As for school ... I just about wore the impression of my back into one of the library's chairs. I got to school half an hour early every day so that I could hang around in the library. I'd swear that I was the only person who ever touched the copy of Dante's Divine Comedy too. It was such a gorgeous copy and I offered to buy it at the end of grade 12 but they wouldn't let me have it." - Axver

Lol, again that sounds exactly like me (except for touching Dante's Divine Comedy - unfortunately I haven't read it... ) It's so unfair your school wouldn't let you buy it!

The lower two floors of the ERC sound amazing. Unfortunately I actually chose NOT to go to Melbourne - and a part of me still regrets it. I did both my under-grad and post-grad at Monash instead, as it's much closer to home and I was offered a scholarship there...
Old 01-30-2008, 01:21 AM   #250
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Monash! *gasp*

Add me to the list of non-club people. I just don't get why you'd want to dance, hook up with someone, probably do something you'd regret, and never see them again.

And I'm reasonably nerdy too, but not to Axver's level. Mostly I sit in the Rowden White Library and read fiction...
Old 01-30-2008, 02:37 AM   #251
Vocal parasite

Sooo ... meet-up on the 17th at the Loudest Nightclub in Melbourne, eh?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-30-2008, 04:06 AM   #252
Acrobat

"Monash! *gasp*" - major_panic

Lol! That's harsh!
Old 01-30-2008, 04:11 AM   #253
Acrobat

"Sooo ... meet-up on the 17th at the Loudest Nightclub in Melbourne, eh?" - Axver

Hahaha! Yeah, sure. It could be the attack of the nerds...
Old 01-30-2008, 04:13 AM   #254
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Sooo ... meet-up on the 17th at the Loudest Nightclub in Melbourne, eh?
I'll wear a really short skirt, get drunk, fall down and end up flashing my g-string to everyone
Old 01-30-2008, 04:57 AM   #255
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungGirl219
Hahaha! Yeah, sure. It could be the attack of the nerds...
We'll take over the PA. Instead of a mindless dance track, I will read from Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, and maybe a bit of Lermontov. Just imagine how quickly the nightclub will empty!

Quote:
The lower two floors of the ERC sound amazing. Unfortunately I actually chose NOT to go to Melbourne - and a part of me still regrets it. I did both my under-grad and post-grad at Monash instead, as it's much closer to home and I was offered a scholarship there...
You say that like it's an excuse.

I did my first year of university at the Uni of Queensland. Great university with a lovely campus in a bend of the Brisbane River, but I hate Queensland in general and UniMelb rules all, so I made the move.

Gig pictures | Blog