Melbourne calling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alisaura

Blue Crack Supplier
This is probably a long shot, but everyone else is trying it.
smile.gif

I know there's a few of us in Melbourne, if anyone feels like meeting up for some face-to-face U2 talk, lemme know.
smile.gif
Anyone who's going to be in Melbourne, anyone who live here, whatever...

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof and they can't get it down."
-Bono

ok ali,

I went to melbourne uni a few years ago, now working in environmental consulting in the uk. Used to live in Richmond, just off Victoria St near skipping girl, have been over her for three years.

I played cricket for melbourne uni against monash, although that day monash won. My sister now works at the monash university bookstore. Maybe you could say hello to her for me! I finished my degree in 95 so that makes me seem like a very old person....

Michael

Okay, I'll just walk into the bookshop and go "Anyone here with a brother called Michael who's a U2 fan? He says Hi"...
smile.gif

Wow, a geology graduate with a job!! There's hope for me yet...
smile.gif
I should have finished my degree last year, but due to flub-ups and stuffing around, I was stuck here for another year... not that I'm complaining, if not for the free internet stuff and the music library at uni, I might never have become a U2 fan... scary!!
So, are you up for a Melbournite meeting?

Thanks Char, I got that mail and have replied.
smile.gif
This'll be fun!
Shame I can't do ICQ from these uni computers... but I'll be at home from tomorrow evening until Sunday, so maybe I'll see some of you in the chat room here at least!
biggrin.gif

<zooropamanda, a sydney girl is hiding as she skulks into the thread>

Ali, uni is the life, enjoy your freedom while you can.

zoomerang, i feel old here too and i finshed in 98
frown.gif

charlene, im on your list. its been real quiet lately, still going aint it? And have you heard from Zem (David), is he doing okay?

alrighty, southerners, i will leave now, i know when we Sydneysiders have stayed too long.

ZOOME

p.s. SO who of you are planning to come to Sydney for the tour? I'll buy you tickets if you buy me some
biggrin.gif

Don't worry zooropamanda, I'm not a city-ist.
smile.gif

If I'm in Canberra when U2 get here, I may well see them in Sydney.

[This message has been edited by Alisaura (edited 08-24-2000).]

Mandy - there have been 13 posts so far for August... are you receiving the emails ok? It comes and goes - unlike Wire, which is for all U2-related discussion, U2Australia is only for information which is relevant to both U2 AND Australia. And yes, i'll definitely be attending the Sydney show
biggrin.gif

yeah I am receiving them Char. I received it today.Yeah, i guess it seems like its hardly there compared to wiretown.
Im andi from the list BTW(and from wire for that matter)if you recognise the name.

Far out, im steppin on the southern toes again.

I gotta get my own little thread

bloody hell, mate, this place is just crawling with bloody Australians! (Yes, I'm a Kiwi, why do you ask?!!
wink.gif
)

no, seriously, I am really amazed at the number of Aussies on this forum! Yay for reminding the rest of the world that there *is* intelligent life below the Equator.
There's only 1 other NZer here that I know of, it's a bit lonely, but it's reassuring to know that you guys speak essentially the same language (I could even follow the 'Aussie slang'-ing match some of you were having a while ago!)
good on ya cobbers, fair dinkum, ANZAC spirit and all that
Mermaid
smile.gif

------------------
No man is my enemy
My own hands imprison me
Love rescue me...

Back
Top Bottom