MD/DC/VA gathering at our house on Oct 11: Special Guest: The BAWs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey y'all
i have some bad news.

i've come down with something, and i feel awful. i'm pretty upset with myself because i felt a little bit of a sore throat yesterday. and instead of going home and resting, i partied all night last night. this morning i'm feeling much worse. stupid decision right there.

i might be feeling better after resting all day today, but i don't think i should go even if i do. see i was going to leave tonight and spend most of saturday with my mom celebrating her 50th. if i can't make it into town for that i'd feel really shitty doing something else the following day. so...unfortunately, i guess that means i have to stay put here in ruffalo. which sucks because it is fall break and i really want to get away.

if y'all have any suggestions, please let me know. i'm open to them. i'm not opposed to the idea of perhaps just leaving for va tomorrow and showing up super late on sat (mom goes to bed early anyway) or early on sunday. sorry if this is confusing, i'm just thinking aloud.

i'm gonna go back to bed now. sorry again for this, i was really looking forward to this with all my heart. i'm hoping it can still happen. i mean, if this were just a few hrs away, it wouldn't be a big deal. but 7 hrs is a long ass way to drive under these conditions. :depressed:

oh noez mia! :hug: I am truly sorry about that.. Go get plenty of rest today and play it by ear. Maybe early sat morning you will feel a little better and can pop in late saturday or even for the sunday events (however I won't see ya if you do... :sad:)

hey y'all
i have some bad news.

i've come down with something, and i feel awful. i'm pretty upset with myself because i felt a little bit of a sore throat yesterday. and instead of going home and resting, i partied all night last night. this morning i'm feeling much worse. stupid decision right there.

i might be feeling better after resting all day today, but i don't think i should go even if i do. see i was going to leave tonight and spend most of saturday with my mom celebrating her 50th. if i can't make it into town for that i'd feel really shitty doing something else the following day. so...unfortunately, i guess that means i have to stay put here in ruffalo. which sucks because it is fall break and i really want to get away.

if y'all have any suggestions, please let me know. i'm open to them. i'm not opposed to the idea of perhaps just leaving for va tomorrow and showing up super late on sat (mom goes to bed early anyway) or early on sunday. sorry if this is confusing, i'm just thinking aloud.

i'm gonna go back to bed now. sorry again for this, i was really looking forward to this with all my heart. i'm hoping it can still happen. i mean, if this were just a few hrs away, it wouldn't be a big deal. but 7 hrs is a long ass way to drive under these conditions. :depressed:

You were just teasing me the entire time, weren't you??? :sad: No Latino War stories for you! :hug: feel better....

OMG! wine is so cheap and it matches my USC shirt!!!!!!

:madwife: Carho!!!!!

*I actually wore one in 'DC and drew alot of comments! sat and drank wine with a PA politician who spoke of the Raiders and USC until 1 a.m.

**Had dinner next to a group of US Santa Barbara alums (my era) and talked about what coulda' beens!!! :lol:

we do have a pic of Mrs. Edge in a semi wine coma, after our winery visit but before our 2 bottles at dinner :yikes:

I think we need to clear it with her before we post though :shifty:

i'm feeling better, but i think i need another full day of rest before doing any drinking/traveling. have fun everyone! i'm sorry i couldn't make it. perhaps someone can borrow kaf & sharon's mia sock puppet? ;)

since blocked kicks are what get me up on saturdays, and the hokies aren't playing this week, i'm going back to bed.

address needed :)

Will be leaving in a few hours! Can't wait to finally meet everyone. :) :applaud:
If some kind soul could PM me the address of Chez Jess and Paul, I'd appreciate it. :D

Hasta pronto!

SD

This is the coolest thing ever. We have six cars in our driveway with six different license plates. So far, represented are:

MD
VA
IL
TN
CT
NJ

Lots of food, but so far, no :drunk:

Back
Top Bottom