MD/DC/VA gathering at our house on Oct 11: Special Guest: The BAWs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jess, paul and few of us went to this mongolian bbq in Chinatown. Yummy and its all you can eat.. :D

not too far away from there is a place called Matchbox (wood fired pizza and pasta) very good!

eep...i didn't hang around the white house too much, i can't remember what's there. i think i recall a friend or two talking about Olives though. I believe that is off of K street? sorry i'm not much help :reject: i didn't go downtown very often.

No need to cry. :sad: I'll still try to get out there for the BBQ and such.

awesome LM! Look forward to meeting you. I can't do the sunday events either, have things going on at home. But hey more time and crazy fun on saturday anyways! Involving many picture taking of said events that will be used for blackmail later.. :evil:

Well, guys, I'm thinking I may not be able to go on Sunday, but I may go on Saturday instead. The problem is, without some advance information on where to meet up with you guys and when, it's going to be tricky to find you, and if the specifics are decided on Saturday, I'm not going to be there to know where to go. So, I'm thinking it would just be a lot easier to hang out with you guys on Saturday afternoon/night and head back around midnight or whatever.
:yippie: more time to hang out with travis! :up:

jess, paul and few of us went to this mongolian bbq in Chinatown. Yummy and its all you can eat.. :D

not too far away from there is a place called Matchbox (wood fired pizza and pasta) very good!
omg delicious, i've been dying to try mongolian! and i think i was just reading about something else in chinatown...too bad i can't remember! :uhoh:

i'm going to be getting into md on thursday actually. i wonder if i'll be brave enough to try any sightseeing :uhoh:

:mad: Well isn't this a damn fine time for me to stumble back into the Crack house??? Just in time to find that there's an East Coast gathering within a six-hour drive of my home but it's THIS weekend and there's no way in Hell I could get there now? :doh:

Guess that'll teach me to stay away for so long, right? :huh: Oh well, I know you guys will take plenty of pictures - or at least you'll try to remember to pictures early in the evening, before all the chicken dancing commences... :laugh:

Perfect - as I'm typing this, "Mysterious Ways" just came on the radio. Be careful & nobody break a hip or anything while belly dancing on Saturday.... *cough*Rick*cough*

:lol:

The White House is only around 6 or 7 blocks away from Chinatown and the Verizon center, and that whole area is full of good restaurants.

The place we ate at is called Tony Cheng's. It's located here.

Probably around a 20 min walk from the White House itself. But like I said, there are plenty of good restaurants near the Verizon center, including Clyde's.

So what is the exact plan for this shindig? What time should I plan on trying to get there Saturday? I’ll probably need to leave late morning/ early afternoon Sunday. Help me; I don’t want to read through 15 pages, a simple itinerary would be appreciated :reject:

Itinerary:

People arrive at around 4pm on Saturday. We eat, drink, go in hot tub, watch U2 vids on big TV. Some people leave that night, others are sleeping over.

Sunday: Those sleeping over are having brunch and then going to the MD Ren Faire.

That's all there is to it. I'll PM you the address.

BTW, regarding the Ren Faire...we went last weekend with my mom and it was chaos. There were over 30,000 ppl there, and the traffic was bumper to bumper. It will probably be worse on the Columbus Weekend.

If we are still planning to go, it would be a good idea to get there early in the afternoon, so that may mean having to get up by 10 or 11 on Sunday to leave enough time.

Just something to keep in mind....

What she said.

To everyone planning on drinking heavily on Sat night: The gates at the faire open at 10am Sunday morning. It takes a bit over 1 hr to drive there. From 11am until around 3pm, there can easily be a line that is several miles long to get in. If we don't leave until noon, we probably won't be inside the festival until 2:30pm or possibly 3:00pm. The traffic jam to leave the faire probably starts around 4pm and goes right through past closing. It's very common if you leave too late to be sitting in the parking lot for 1-2 hrs before you finally get out.

I strongly recommend getting to the faire as close to opening gate as possible so that we can have fun and leave before it gets crazy. I also think we should do a will call on the tickets so that we can avoid the 30+ minute lineup to purchase them at the gate.

I know it's annoying to wake up early the morning after a party, but I'm not exaggerating about the lineups. The lineup often starts several miles away from the festival on I-97 itself, and extends down the off-ramp, down MD178 for a few miles, then for a few more miles down Crownsville Rd., all bumper-to-bumper, and all stop-and-go. It will be way nicer to eliminate as much of that as we can by arriving and leaving early.

Mike and I will probably be leaving no later then about 9am on Sunday morning. Wanted to stay around for at least brunch but a family member is in a bind and needs a babysitter for one of my nephews that day.

Hope a lot of pictures are taken at the Ren Faire :hyper: Heard it's A LOT of fun there!

Been reading this thread and just wanted to say that it looks like a lot fun. But I cannot make it cos I already had something planned for saturday night. I will look forward to seeing pics though... lots of them! Seems like it will be quite a big gathering! :)

i second that :hyper: and raise you a :yippie:

funny-pictures-happy-drunk-orange-cat.jpg

Back
Top Bottom