MD/DC/VA gathering at our house on Oct 11: Special Guest: The BAWs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:dance:

I think I should plan a group bike ride for all of us. :hmm:

Nothing crazy or anything. Maybe something short, like 30 miles or so. I think the local bike shop owner will lend me some bikes for everyone. :)

Nothing crazy or anything. Maybe something short, like 30 miles or so. I think the local bike shop owner will lend me some bikes for everyone. :)

actually, I would totally be up for this...great way to see the area without being stuck in a car :hmm:

Mrs Edge, I'll crash you party if that's OK. It's been a while since I've been on this forum! What U2 are you going to show on the 50" screen?!

Mrs Edge, I'll crash you party if that's OK. It's been a while since I've been on this forum! What U2 are you going to show on the 50" screen?!

Certainly, you are welcome to come! :) I haven't decided yet what to play....but it will be great to have the surround sound. With the number of us there, it will be like being in a real show!

I have a bunch of video dating from 1980 upwards, some of it better quality than others. I really should get this all digitized before it fades away...:uhoh:

So there will be top of the pops appearances, live shows from the early 80s, some novelty stuff, and then some good quality DVD stuff. I have that DVD of the LA Coliseum in 1987 which is outstanding. I also have a TV quality version of Popmart live from South Africa that is also excellent, and of course all the other commercially available stuff that just looks good on a big TV.

I just got back from seeing "It Might Get Loud" that movie starring the Edge (and two other bit players ;) )

I am totally re U2 inspired and can't WAIT for the party, and especially for the tour!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve, are you SURE you can't call in sick???

actually, I would totally be up for this...great way to see the area without being stuck in a car :hmm:
i could totally do this too.. sounds like a good idea.. hopefully the weather will be good to us that day..
Somehow Mr. Edge thinks that I need to point out that this would be bicycles that you pedal (up and down hills of varying steepness) and not motorcycles or scooters, but I'm sure everyone already knew that. :yes:

Anyway, if people are really up for a bike ride, I'll need to make sure I can get my hands on enough bikes! :hmm:

I can't wait to get this party started!!

Wonder if it will outdue the party of the century...

Sxyparty.jpg

Mrs Edge

And I thought my U2 3 12" album was unique. I can't believe you have all that great footage.

As the date approaches let me know what I can bring...

Somehow Mr. Edge thinks that I need to point out that this would be bicycles that you pedal (up and down hills of varying steepness) and not motorcycles or scooters, but I'm sure everyone already knew that. :yes:

I'm sure she's just looking out for our best interests :cute: :hug:

Yeah, got it, pedals, thin tires and shit - sounds good :up:

:uhoh: well....i haven't been on a bike in about 100 years, so.....i will offer to set up a roadside pit-stop table full of H2O & banana's about 1/2 way through.. :yes:

Certainly, you are welcome to come! :) I haven't decided yet what to play....but it will be great to have the surround sound. With the number of us there, it will be like being in a real show!

I have a bunch of video dating from 1980 upwards, some of it better quality than others. I really should get this all digitized before it fades away...:uhoh:

So there will be top of the pops appearances, live shows from the early 80s, some novelty stuff, and then some good quality DVD stuff. I have that DVD of the LA Coliseum in 1987 which is outstanding. I also have a TV quality version of Popmart live from South Africa that is also excellent, and of course all the other commercially available stuff that just looks good on a big TV.

I just got back from seeing "It Might Get Loud" that movie starring the Edge (and two other bit players ;) )

I am totally re U2 inspired and can't WAIT for the party, and especially for the tour!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve, are you SURE you can't call in sick???

jess where did you see It Might Get Loud at? MD? DC? or did you go back home to Toronto and see it?:D

Mrs Edge

And I thought my U2 3 12" album was unique. I can't believe you have all that great footage.

As the date approaches let me know what I can bring...

Just something to add to the drink selection would be great. Thanks, and I will send everyone directions closer to the date.
:)

jess where did you see It Might Get Loud at? MD? DC? or did you go back home to Toronto and see it?:D

I had to go to Toronto for a wedding and it just so happened (pure luck!) that it was playing this morning before we went back home, and my mom's two friends had extra tickets. It worked out really well! You MUST MUST MUST see that movie the minute it comes out! :drool: :faint:

I had to go to Toronto for a wedding and it just so happened (pure luck!) that it was playing this morning before we went back home, and my mom's two friends had extra tickets. It worked out really well! You MUST MUST MUST see that movie the minute it comes out! :drool: :faint:

omg.. of course I am going...! gonna run out to see it as soon as it comes out which I pray it willl here in the md/dc area....:pray:

care to check it out as a group when it does ? a U23D reunion of sorts maybe..:D

Back
Top Bottom