MD/DC/VA gathering at our house on Oct 11: Special Guest: The BAWs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
images

so can i claim a spot to stay overnight(s)?? i'm all up for wrestling. i'm expecting an evening much like our "unforgettable afterparty" but tenfold.

thanks for the invite. i'm so excited y'all are doin this!

Actually, you don't even see that place from the street. It's got a really long driveway.

On that list, the Four Streams one is close. All the VA courses are close, but entail taking the ferry across the river. But those courses are likely better than the MD courses, though I know almost nothing about golf.

All the VA courses are close, but entail taking the ferry across the river.

They need to build a bridge already. Two of those courses on the list in VA are regulars of mine - Herndon and Westpark (Leesburg). Pretty good courses for the money.

Looking at that list, some of the courses around Ijamsville are really nice. Whiskey Creek is a good Els designed course - I enjoyed playing there. Little Bennett is supposed to be nice as well.

They need to build a bridge already.

No, they don't. The last thing we need in Poolesville is a second beltway going right through the middle of town. If people are too lazy to 1) wait for the ferry (10 minutes tops) or 2) take US15, then they can either stay home or find something else to do.

It's an agricultural reserve. A bridge there would ruin the place, not to mention making it 100x more dangerous for our rides. Even with the limited ferry traffic, they've resorted to speed cameras on 107. Every time a ferry lets off, we get about 20 cars with VA tags blowing through town at 55mph. :down:

They need to build a bridge already. Two of those courses on the list in VA are regulars of mine - Herndon and Westpark (Leesburg). Pretty good courses for the money.

Looking at that list, some of the courses around Ijamsville are really nice. Whiskey Creek is a good Els designed course - I enjoyed playing there. Little Bennett is supposed to be nice as well.
So you making us a tee time???? *gonna have to rent some clubs, I'm not hauling those things to the East Coast...

are you coming??? :hyper:

So you making us a tee time???? *gonna have to rent some clubs, I'm not hauling those things to the East Coast...

I'm always up for a round. Not sure every course has club rentals.

These are the top courses in that area (as well some of the best in the DC region):

Worthington Manor Golf Club
Maryland Golf Courses - Whiskey Creek Golf Club - Ijamsville, MD
Musket Ridge Golf Club Public Golf
PB Dye Golf Club -- Ijamsville, MD -- Managed by Billy Casper Golf (tough course)

I've only played Whiskey Creek from that list.

are you coming??? :hyper:

I'll try - might be moving in the area around then.

Back
Top Bottom