MD/DC/VA gathering at our house on Oct 11: Special Guest: The BAWs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dogjumpfail.jpg

I'm reserving this spot for another negative comment. If I think of one in the next 60 I'll update this space ;)

:love:

Haha. Unless I miraculously scrounge up the funds, I just don't know how it would be possible, and....even if I did go....I probably couldn't go to the Ren. Faire. :sad:.

I can't believe it! The time sure has flown. This has been quite a month for us. We just had a friend staying with us from England for 10 days, and now my mom is with us for a week...then you guys! PHEW!

So tell me, how many are vegetarians? Any food issues/dislikes I need to know about?

woohoo one week from tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yippie: x infinity!

Jess, I am not a vegetarian but am watching my weight (Weight Watchers) so if you had turkey burgers (real lean) or even veggie burgers I am all over that.

Can I bring something? I make a mean Vegetarian Pasta Salad.

Jess you guys are being so nice to open your home up like this. Especially after having nonstop visitors! lol. I just don't feel right coming to a party and not bringing anything. Would it be alright if I brought brownies?

I can't believe it! The time sure has flown. This has been quite a month for us. We just had a friend staying with us from England for 10 days, and now my mom is with us for a week...then you guys! PHEW!

So tell me, how many are vegetarians? Any food issues/dislikes I need to know about?

Jess, thanks again for opening your home to us. I'm looking forward to this, and I'd like to help in any way possible.

I am a vegetarian, however I do eat seafood.
I'm allergic to carrots, celery, and parsley.
I'm lactose intolerant, but I can bring my digestive aid meds.

That's about it. Thanks for asking. And please, feel free to call me if you have any questions regarding the food. I know typically a lot of food contains carrots and/or celery (even some premade pasta sauces!) I'm more than happy to discuss it with you. Usually when I tell people of my allergies, they feel a bit overwhelmed. Which is understandable because it is a lot to think about. However, you're already doing enough, so again, if you have any questions or if there is anything you'd like me to provide, just let me know.

Oh and I'll be bringing a crunkermelon. :)

I'm not a picky eater, i'll eat pretty much anything... The only thing i need to steer clear of is peppers (green, yellow, red, any kind), because i'm allergic...

I can't wait to see you guys!!!!! :hyper:

I'm not a picky eater, i'll eat pretty much anything... The only thing i need to steer clear of is peppers (green, yellow, red, any kind), because i'm allergic...

Glad you mentioned that, as it now completely changes what we were planning to serve! :lol:

Thanks for all the info, guys! This is very helpful. Shannon and Amy...Brownies and pasta salad sound fantastic! That would be wonderful if you'd like to bring them. No obligation at all, but if you are indeed bringing them, I won't bother making a pasta salad or getting brownies (two of the things I had planned to do! :lol: )

Also, if anyone can bring mattresses and sleeping bags (and pillows, although we do have a bunch - they are kind of flat!) that would also be helpful, since I think about 10 of you are sleeping over at this point?

Char & Rick
Shannon & Mike
Kelly & Jay
Mia
Cari
Khanada
Amy

Anyone else?

the only thing i'm allergic to is nuts...however i really shouldn't say allergic because it's not like my throat closes up, i just get a migraine and stuff. thankfully i don't have any serious food allergies...i guess because i'm allergic to so much non-food stuff :der:

oh and i'll be bringing presents too, i'm making a basket :D

Well, it's up to you. We do have two of those flat, narrow roll up camping mattresses, so those are an option if you can't find an air mattress. Basically we have sleeping for 8 (between beds, sofas and large chair/ottoman combos) and then we have a tent or the two roll up mattresses for the other two. We will probably let you fight it out amongst yourselves.... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom