looking for Atlanta fans - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2009, 04:21 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 10:19 PM
The Dome is not that great, in terms of sound, so that might be putting some people off. I think the $250 tickets are a hard sell. I personally know some people who said thanks but no thanks to that ticket price.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:24 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:19 PM
Have you heard how ticket sales have been for the GA Dome? I got turned down 4 times online in the general sale for GA's so I finally bit the bullet & spent the extra dough for 2 reserved seats. I'm looking for hotels near the Dome now that won't bankrupt me - I'd hate to know after actually getting the tickets & booking a room that the show would be cancelled due to poor sales.

Speaking of hotels near the Dome that aren't rat traps, does anyone have any suggestions?

Old 04-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #48
War Child

Local Time: 03:19 AM
I paid that price mainly, well only because my wife has never seen them, and we were unable to do GA due to having a baby and could not be away all day. Plus, we are not doing vacation this year and I was behind the stage on Vertigo so all those factors I said what the heck. It will be worth it and I have no regrets. I know we are going to have a blast. I do know what you are saying about the sound, though. I saw them on Pop at the Dome and was not crazy about the sound. Yeah, so that may be it. But, where are all the people from TN, MS, AL, and SC? Shouldn't they be coming to ATL? It's weird. There were two sold-out Vertigo shows, right?
Old 04-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #49
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluRmGrl View Post
Have you heard how ticket sales have been for the GA Dome? I got turned down 4 times online in the general sale for GA's so I finally bit the bullet & spent the extra dough for 2 reserved seats. I'm looking for hotels near the Dome now that won't bankrupt me - I'd hate to know after actually getting the tickets & booking a room that the show would be cancelled due to poor sales.

Speaking of hotels near the Dome that aren't rat traps, does anyone have any suggestions?
I found this place called The Glenn online that looked pretty cool, but have never stayed there. Also, Embassy suites, maybe? Though, they did seem a bit pricey but may be within walking distance to the Dome.
Don't worry, I am sure ticket sales will be okay for ATL. I still have faith that we will be alright and it will sell out. Like I said, I think we in GA might need a nudge every now and then!
Old 04-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by believer75 View Post
I paid that price mainly, well only because my wife has never seen them, and we were unable to do GA due to having a baby and could not be away all day. Plus, we are not doing vacation this year and I was behind the stage on Vertigo so all those factors I said what the heck. It will be worth it and I have no regrets. I know we are going to have a blast. I do know what you are saying about the sound, though. I saw them on Pop at the Dome and was not crazy about the sound. Yeah, so that may be it. But, where are all the people from TN, MS, AL, and SC? Shouldn't they be coming to ATL? It's weird. There were two sold-out Vertigo shows, right?
Yes and for Elevation, but both of those tours were at the Philips arena. Maybe people can't take off work and travel up here down here for the show.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

They won't cancel the show due to poor ticket sales. However, this show may be 3/4 full or less. The fact that this show is on a Tuesday night is a negative factor for it. They should have done Miami and Atlanta on this leg, and Tampa next year. That would cause everybody in the Northern half of Florida who wanted to see U2 to travel to Atlanta, and vice versa for Miami. I

However, Tampa appears to be on the road to an eventual sellout... far cry from the 15-20K that came to Popmart, or the single arena show on Elevation that only "sold out" because the seats behind the stage were not sold, and a huge curtain covered up the empty seats.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #52
Blue Crack Supplier

The George Dome
Old 04-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

I never noticed that.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_acrobat View Post
...However, this show may be 3/4 full or less. The fact that this show is on a Tuesday night is a negative factor for it. They should have done Miami and Atlanta on this leg, and Tampa next year. That would cause everybody in the Northern half of Florida who wanted to see U2 to travel to Atlanta, and vice versa for Miami.
I agree. Isn't Raleigh scheduled the weekend before Atlanta? So you have the NC and SC folks staying up there for that show too.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:41 PM   #55
War Child

Yeah, I could not figure out why it was planned on a weekday as I thought that might be a factor as well. But, in the south, there is one thing that is more popular than anything else on the weekends....college football. On a Saturday, forget about it!
Old 04-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by believer75 View Post
Yeah, I could not figure out why it was planned on a weekday as I thought that might be a factor as well. But, in the south, there is one thing that is more popular than anything else on the weekends....college football. On a Saturday, forget about it!
No kidding, don't even think about fucking around with our football.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #57
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVelvetDress_75 View Post
No kidding, don't even think about fucking around with our football.

Yeah, I got married on a fall Saturday and some relatives thought I needed my head checked!
Old 04-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

I am sure they were real happy to receive that invite. Did you have TV's near by for them to watch the game? Are you a Dawg or Yellow Jacket fan?
Old 04-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #59
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluRmGrl View Post

I used this link to choose my hotel, it gives you a list of hotels near the dome starting with the nearest ones, and their average price.

http://www.metrotravelguide.com/hote...gLogId=9111106

I'm staying at the Holiday Inn. It was $99/night when I booked which was cheap for the area , I'm just hoping it's not a rat trap.

neutral @ interference.com
neutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:54 PM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

^ You should be fine, the area around Centennial Park is nice. There has been a lot of renovations to the area. Since there are a lot of conventions in this city, the hotels are pretty good. I wouldn't fret about it.

Tags
atlanta