looking for Atlanta fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a question, why not buy the U2.com membership? You can still get the tickets before the general sale. It may be cheaper to do this than buying them off of ebay.

Even though as long as over a year ago I had been thinking about joining u2.com, I really did not want to have to spend the extra money to get the tickets....I did not know if it would be worth it. Ebay would definitely be a panic and last resort. I had felt confident all along that we could get good tickets until probably yesterday when I was reading some people's experiences and got an email from a friend saying she had heard people were having a hard time. But, after talking to you guys, I feel better once again. I usually go to a ticketmaster outlet. Have had better luck there than buying online in the past. what is your experience?

For the last tour, I went to the ticketmaster outlet at a Publix with another fan from this site. We had no problem with getting tickets, but I also purchased tickets online for the second show. I think you should be okay with tickets since this is a much larger venue.

Awesome!! I am ready! I can't wait to take my wife to this show!! We recently watched ZooTV and she cannot wait to have the U2 experience in person. I can't wait to see the look in her eyes. :heart:

Awesome!! I am ready! I can't wait to take my wife to this show!! We recently watched ZooTV and she cannot wait to have the U2 experience in person. I can't wait to see the look in her eyes. :heart:

It is so much fun taking someone to see their first U2 show. I took my older sister to see them during the Elevation tour. My sister was the one who turned me on to U2 when I was kid. She nearly yanked my arm off of me when Bono swaggered on stage. I thought she was going to start crying and pass out. It was great, my sister was on a high for a while after that concert. Her husband on the other hand was tired of hearing about Bono. :lol:

After buying two sweet seats, Bono and Ali may have to help take care of my firstborn for a while, but at least I did get my U2 tickets this morning!!! I am glad that is over!!

I have no idea, I would like to know because there are plenty of seats still available. I doubt it will be a sell out.

What is up with that??? it seems to be selling like crazy everywhere else but here??? I am disappointed if that is the case. I still think it will sell out once the tour starts, new single hits, and media gives the tour good press. Sometimes people here need a little nudge :sexywink:

Have you heard how ticket sales have been for the GA Dome? I got turned down 4 times online in the general sale for GA's so I finally bit the bullet & spent the extra dough for 2 reserved seats. I'm looking for hotels near the Dome now that won't bankrupt me - I'd hate to know after actually getting the tickets & booking a room that the show would be cancelled due to poor sales. :uhoh: :madwife:

Speaking of hotels near the Dome that aren't rat traps, does anyone have any suggestions?

I paid that price mainly, well only because my wife has never seen them, and we were unable to do GA due to having a baby and could not be away all day. Plus, we are not doing vacation this year and I was behind the stage on Vertigo so all those factors I said what the heck. It will be worth it and I have no regrets. I know we are going to have a blast. I do know what you are saying about the sound, though. I saw them on Pop at the Dome and was not crazy about the sound. Yeah, so that may be it. But, where are all the people from TN, MS, AL, and SC? Shouldn't they be coming to ATL? It's weird. There were two sold-out Vertigo shows, right?

Have you heard how ticket sales have been for the GA Dome? I got turned down 4 times online in the general sale for GA's so I finally bit the bullet & spent the extra dough for 2 reserved seats. I'm looking for hotels near the Dome now that won't bankrupt me - I'd hate to know after actually getting the tickets & booking a room that the show would be cancelled due to poor sales. :uhoh: :madwife:

Speaking of hotels near the Dome that aren't rat traps, does anyone have any suggestions?

I found this place called The Glenn online that looked pretty cool, but have never stayed there. Also, Embassy suites, maybe? Though, they did seem a bit pricey but may be within walking distance to the Dome.
Don't worry, I am sure ticket sales will be okay for ATL. I still have faith that we will be alright and it will sell out. Like I said, I think we in GA might need a nudge every now and then!

I paid that price mainly, well only because my wife has never seen them, and we were unable to do GA due to having a baby and could not be away all day. Plus, we are not doing vacation this year and I was behind the stage on Vertigo so all those factors I said what the heck. It will be worth it and I have no regrets. I know we are going to have a blast. I do know what you are saying about the sound, though. I saw them on Pop at the Dome and was not crazy about the sound. Yeah, so that may be it. But, where are all the people from TN, MS, AL, and SC? Shouldn't they be coming to ATL? It's weird. There were two sold-out Vertigo shows, right?

Yes and for Elevation, but both of those tours were at the Philips arena. Maybe people can't take off work and travel up here down here for the show. :shrug:

They won't cancel the show due to poor ticket sales. However, this show may be 3/4 full or less. The fact that this show is on a Tuesday night is a negative factor for it. They should have done Miami and Atlanta on this leg, and Tampa next year. That would cause everybody in the Northern half of Florida who wanted to see U2 to travel to Atlanta, and vice versa for Miami. I

However, Tampa appears to be on the road to an eventual sellout... far cry from the 15-20K that came to Popmart, or the single arena show on Elevation that only "sold out" because the seats behind the stage were not sold, and a huge curtain covered up the empty seats.

...However, this show may be 3/4 full or less. The fact that this show is on a Tuesday night is a negative factor for it. They should have done Miami and Atlanta on this leg, and Tampa next year. That would cause everybody in the Northern half of Florida who wanted to see U2 to travel to Atlanta, and vice versa for Miami.

I agree. Isn't Raleigh scheduled the weekend before Atlanta? So you have the NC and SC folks staying up there for that show too.

Yeah, I could not figure out why it was planned on a weekday as I thought that might be a factor as well. But, in the south, there is one thing that is more popular than anything else on the weekends....college football. On a Saturday, forget about it!

Yeah, I could not figure out why it was planned on a weekday as I thought that might be a factor as well. But, in the south, there is one thing that is more popular than anything else on the weekends....college football. On a Saturday, forget about it!

No kidding, don't even think about fucking around with our football.

Back
Top Bottom