Looking for a fellow U2 fan from years ago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J2-D2

The Fly
Hey, everybody -

Well, not so many years ago, anyway. But around 1995-96, I spent A LOT of time posting on the U2 Wire mailing list. A young woman named Anna or Anne-Louise Hight, who used the moniker Aingeal, spent a lot of time posting too.

Anyway, we emailed occasionally, once went record-shopping in Sacramento, and last saw each other at the first Popmart show in Chicago in '97, where she was responsible for my getting to eat some of Tina Turner's pizza and meet the Edge.

I'm not trying to stalk Aingeal, but I have been doing a lot of U2-related stuff on the 'Net lately, and it got me thinking I should look her up. If anyone has any information on her -- or if you happen to read this yourself, girlfriend -- would you drop me a line, please? Thanks.

Josh

Wow... talk about a flashback. I know who you speak of. Unfortunately I do not know where she is. Last I heard there was a bit of a strife within the online fan scene and certain people seemed to have drifted away. I believe Aingeal was one of them. I wish you luck and hope you find her. It would be quite interesting to find out what everybody has been up to since them good ol' days.

btw my alias back then was PlayMoreU2. Not that anyone would remember lil ol' me lol.

Just seeing this now...I used to know her well, she even stayed with me for a few months back when. I think you and I had to have met at one point, if not a few times, although I can't place your face now. Haven't talked to her in years, last time I saw her was at the Elevation opener in Sunrise in March 2001. I do know she is still alive and in the Northeast, and a little more although not a heck of a lot more - e-mail me privately if you want - melon@compuserve.com

Last edited:
Speaking of long lost U2 contacts, I wonder if anyone here knew someone named Alison Coad from the old CompuServe U2 user group (the name of the group escapes me) from around the time AB came out. She was known as AliCat.

Ah, some people remember! I should say I am Melon (not to be confused with the melon here, which is why I don't have the name here). :) Have no idea what happened to AliCat...actually never had much contact with her when she was around. U2 section was in the Fan Club Forum (that forum folded into another, then into another) and is still around in the Music Forum on Compuserve, albeit smaller, but still there. :)

Hi Melon! I remember your name. That forum was my first exposure to other U2 fans, and I remember it fondly. AliCat and I traded some tapes back then. She introduced me to some cool music (Waterboys, Pixies) back then.

I see you're from Brooklyn. Where abouts? I grew up in Brooklyn.

Replying to Mark Freeman here, this is AliCat. Insanely, I googled my name today and found your post (I don't google myself, usually, honest!). The CompuServe forum years ago was RockNet, there was no special "fan club forum" per "Melon" there, not when I was there anyway, and I *do* vaguely remember sending tapes to you, toward the end of my CiS RockNet life, I left that forum around 1995 or so....

As to what happened to me, I fell in love with another RockNetter, Chris, who lived in Montreal (and loved the Jazz Butcher, another favourite of mine in the 1990s); lucky for me he fell in love with me too, and I left SF in 1996, moved to Montreal and married the Love of My Life, yay! re U2 - well, I stopped listening at AB, hated that record and most after it, though I've heard a good song here and there and am curious about the new one. And just "joined" this list just to reply to the googled note I saw! So email me if you want to get in touch....

:cool: This is to perfect l!!! Another instance of U2 bringing people together!!! :happy:

Congrats on catching back up with each other, guys! :up:

Ah, no wonder...the U2 group spun off from RockNet to their own section in Fan Club in June '95, I first got online and joined Cserve exactly 10 years ago this month. Also heard from the original poster of this topic last night, hopefully he'll find who he's looking for. :)

Back
Top Bottom