Lincoln Memorial, January 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There had better be a meet up. Seeing U2 from 3.2 miles away over 500,000 heads I can take or leave, but seeing you guys is definitely worth the hassle. :yes:

LOL! In fact, this is turning into such a hassle maybe we should skip the concert part entirely and have a meeting at our house and we can watch the concert on TV over pizza and wine! :D :lmao:

Well, since I'm arriving right as gates open, I'm headed straight to the front, so I can be as close as possible to the stage, so y'all can find me there. My friend(s?) and I are most likely staying for the whole thing, so whoever we miss in the morning we can catch after the show.

Me too. My train from Philly gets in at 7am. Let me know what you'll be wearing and I'll try and find you. Or you can give me a place and I'll meet up with you.

LOL! In fact, this is turning into such a hassle maybe we should skip the concert part entirely and have a meeting at our house and we can watch the concert on TV over pizza and wine! :D :lmao:

Sounds good to me! Bot not as many boys for Mia to flirt with that way. :lmao:

If anyone is going to the inauguration, I have a list of which stations will be entrance/exit only and during which hours. I'll post it if anyone wants.
I would love this!

As for meeting up, I also plan to do the as-early-as-possible-as-close-as-possible thing....

Are you coming down from the Boston area Varitek? As for meeting up I'm coming from Union Station and have to take tow different metro trains, so I need to know where before Saturday night.

Haven't read through so it's possibly been mentioned, but I heard on the radio today they expect three million people at these shindigs and only have 3,000 port a potties. So if you get like this :hyper: , plan accordingly :D

Haven't read through so it's possibly been mentioned, but I heard on the radio today they expect three million people at these shindigs and only have 3,000 port a potties. So if you get like this :hyper: , plan accordingly :D

At the concert on the 18th, or the inauguration itself?

I heard 3 mil for the inauguration, but 500k for Sunday.

Are you coming down from the Boston area Varitek? As for meeting up I'm coming from Union Station and have to take tow different metro trains, so I need to know where before Saturday night.
Already was going to be there for inauguration/visiting college friends. This is just bonus. A very, very nice bonus.

Sounds good to me! Bot not as many boys for Mia to flirt with that way. :lmao:

trufax.

speaking of, my friend and i are prob gonna hit up the brickskeller after the show. it's off dupont circle metro stop, which is on the red-line so it is convenient for you MD folk, plus it's out of the way of the madness of downtown. all are welcome, esp. fellas :)

About footwear - no, you don't need boots for a tiny bit of snow, but your feet will be very, very cold without warm footwear, and cold feet make for a miserable time. I recommend wool socks and warm boots just for that.

I'm going to wear my boots with two pairs of socks and I have feet warmers to put in too.

We're going to be getting there too late to get close enough to see the stage...but I'm hoping for screens maybe?

On one of the maps, there looked to be several jumbotrons set up.

I'm taking the blue line out to the event, so I guess either Smithsonian or Farragut West station is where I'll exit (as early as possible :) )

Road Closures and Parking Restrictions for Sunday, January 18th Welcoming Ceremony - Traffic Advisories - District Department of Transportation

I have to take the red from Union Station and then get on the Blue at the Metro center

:lmao::lmao:

Yeah, he'll see!! :giggle:

Never UNDERESTIMATE SERIOUS !Live! Concert R&R fans!!! :D

hell, if I could afford to go I'd be there, too! :hyper:

GOOD LUCK, have a ggrrrreeeaaattt time! :hyper: :hyper:

rock 'n' roll stops the traffic mate... even if all the rock 'n' rollers are in their mid life crisis period.

im planning on taking the orange line to Farragut West and walking down
17th street to get there by 7:30am

does this sound like a good idea, I'm not too sure when I should be getting there by

Back
Top Bottom