Lincoln Memorial, January 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so i'm hearing rumors that everyone only gets one song (here's money being placed on "Pride") but that there will be space for people to do duets and stuff (here's more money being placed on the MJB version of "One" which i seem to be the only person on Interference who loves that version).

also rumors of 500,000 people on the mall. :ohmy:

we're still going to go.

I like that version too :shifty:

eta: Chance of "light snow" on Sunday. Are sneakers okay for "light snow" or do I have to go out and get different shoes?

I'm from Florida. :reject:

I like that version too :shifty:

eta: Chance of "light snow" on Sunday. Are sneakers okay for "light snow" or do I have to go out and get different shoes?

I'm from Florida. :reject:

Hey, I'm from California and I'm going to be frozen. I'm wearing snow boots just in case. They are really warm and waterproof. You can find them at Target or one of those stores on sale right now, probably!

since im going i was wondering what you guys thought the chances are that people might be lining up overnight to get good spots. and to triple check, the event is completely and utterly free right?

since im going i was wondering what you guys thought the chances are that people might be lining up overnight to get good spots. and to triple check, the event is completely and utterly free right?

no way.. i am pretty sure they don't allow overnight camping especially at the Lincoln Memorial or any other location like that. Gates/doors don't open to the event until 8am. See kelly's post a page or two ago.

I think you should be fine with sneakers. DC freaks out when it comes to snow. The Fed Gov't shuts down at the sight of just a few inches of it. Wusses.

:lmao::lmao:

I know!!!

I was visitng there to go to see the first Christmas at thr WH for RThe Clintons---:hyper::heart::heart::heart::drool:---and it snowed!

while I was heading towards the WH.... all these fed employeies were let out of work early ? 3 PM-- against the tide I was!

my & my sis will be out on the side of the mall so we can hear the swearing in....

....but may have a problem :sad::sad:

you can't get on the Amtrak w/o a passport or a State ID 9non-drivers or reg-- and I can't FIND mine!
my sis booked the seats the day before the election! :lmao:

i went down to the DMV for a new one , but it might noit arreive in the mail on time! :scream: :(

send GOOD LUCK to me please!!!!

Ok. I can go. got someone to work for me and I got train reservations. My train leaves Philly at 4:55 am and gets to DC at 7am. My return leaves at 7:20 pm. Do you think that is ok or too early.

2 bridges are closed for the concert to all types of traffic (including walking). They're really going overboard with these closures.

And half a million people will stretch a looong way - past the monument probably.

Smithsonian or GW look like the best metro stops - they have a lot of the mall fenced off from Constitution Ave. around 19-23rd st.

2 bridges are closed for the concert to all types of traffic (including walking). They're really going overboard with these closures.

And half a million people will stretch a looong way - past the monument probably.

Smithsonian or GW look like the best metro stops - they have a lot of the mall fenced off from Constitution Ave. around 19-23rd st.

Damn. I was totally thinking Fed Tri. Booooooooo.

So we shouldn't use the Foggy Bottom stop now?

It might be hard to meet up in the middle of 500,000 people :reject:

I'd like to meet up too, but I have no idea where would be a good place where we could all find each other :lol:

What would the native D.C. area people suggest? Trying to meet at the same metro station, then walk to the Lincoln memorial together?

or meeting outside of the same metro station. the Smithsonian or Foggy bottom?

Well, since I'm arriving right as gates open, I'm headed straight to the front, so I can be as close as possible to the stage, so y'all can find me there. My friend(s?) and I are most likely staying for the whole thing, so whoever we miss in the morning we can catch after the show.

So we shouldn't use the Foggy Bottom stop now?

It's not clear. Sometimes "road closure" means closed only to cars, sometimes only to non-residents of the neighborhood, and sometimes to everyone (including pedestrians). There are "road closures" planned for between Foggy Bottom and the Mall - hopefully they will be more specific as to the type.

It's not clear. Sometimes "road closure" means closed only to cars, sometimes only to non-residents of the neighborhood, and sometimes to everyone (including pedestrians). There are "road closures" planned for between Foggy Bottom and the Mall - hopefully they will be more specific as to the type.

:huh:oy vey mama.. can they stop changing shit.. When and where can we find out for sure if this is doable?

Back
Top Bottom