LI U2 3D gathering.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JCOSTER said:
:yippie: :yippie: :yippie: the 24th!

Take note though if anyone decides to go this weekend to the city, the times have changed!

i'm still for the 24th UNLESS.............

With the difficlties I'm going through right now a NICE situastion where i could woop it up with area U2 fans and totally submerge myself for a whileWould BE very HELPful .....

I forgot most of the time these past 2 weeks plus this was opening............only when i got here at Interland.

also I can't usuually seem do the 3D thing well

. Which means I'm not NOT SURE how COMFORTABLE it's going to be for me ....ie: someone saw ?Beouwolf in 3D, and told me it was FUZZY when he wasn't wearing the glasses.
I SPECIFICALLY asked to try, and guage what it might be like.

I don't know IF that'll give me the kind of eyestrain if my brain unconciously tries to "sharpen it up" or merge the slightly divergent images together.:huh::huh:
THAT could end up giving me back the :madspit: damn eyestrain that sometimes gets me into a nasty physical situation...which I'm just getting over. again for different reasons.

So since I might only be able to see it once.......
....I'd rather find that out HERE closer to home, that a long train ride back, and the extra travel expenses encurred. If it turns out OK then i could probably do the 24th.

so who's going this weekend in Manhattan, then?
Not surte i can hook up with abyone yet.....hopefully i'll get more of what i need getting done to take the time off.
Also have to see how i feel.

but i really want to see it with fans who also have drooling -
tendencies......if i only can see it once....
my sib thinks it's ....well, she at a concert with Bruce will comment on his {to us} drool-worthiness maybe once or twice.....i guess, she finds me way too excessive in that way with U2 ......so HOW much fun is THAT :| .......... .

I'll check back here on Fri mid-late afternoon I'll be in Lower Manhatten....can can get somewherre pretty quickly.

I'll make sure i keep an extra 20$ on me in case there's a sudden, unforseen get together on Fri. :D

Last edited:
Not surte i can hook up with abyone yet.....hopefully i'll get more of what i need getting done to take the time off.

Just bought tickets to see the show tomorrow:dancing: Not waiting for the weekend!

Val said:
the 24th is fine, but where will it be playing and will it be playing still?

I'm seeing it a few times on opening weekend as well, so blm, if you want to catch a show with me, lets do it. I'll ask Deighton as well.
Ps I live across Nicholls Rd right behind Cancos tiles.

Oh, you are so close!!!!

The 24th- either Farmingdale or Holtsville. In fairness to JC, we should meet at Farmingdale. We'll check times and go early enough so we could get something afterward?! (Like CPR!!)

Val, I would love to see it with you this weekend- But it would have to be Sunday, and I am not sure, yet. Make your plans if you are going with anyone else. I will call you if I am free!!!
I want to see it so badly this weekend.

I am afraid if I don't get into the city soon, I may lose the opportunity to see it on the IMAX screen. I'm getting all worked up here!!

Last edited:
The movie is awesome! How can you possibly wait until next month!?:eyebrow: Just kidding! Great music, stunning visuals, ugh, I'm speechless. It's just what I needed to get me through until the next tour. I order you all to run to your nearest IMAX and see this movie ASAP (so we can all drool over the incrdibleness of this band together)!:drool: :wink:
~Liz

kassandra said:

Just bought tickets to see the show tomorrow:dancing: Not waiting for the weekend!

You are too funny. I might and I emphasize might go with the teacher (Christine) on Saturday for 5:30 at Lincoln. I'm waiting her response. I don't want to take the train home by myself on a Saturday night, too empty. :eyebrow:

JCOSTER said:

don't want to take the train home by myself on a Saturday night, too empty. :eyebrow:

wait..THAT shouldn't be a problem......

......all you have to do is sing U2 songs out loud - which after that movie shouldn't be too hard to do.......will keep anyone else away from you - except maybe another u2 fan visiting Manhattan to see the movie! :lol:

:wink:
:hug:

Last edited:
ended up back at the net for diffrence reasons but just double-checking........
i'll check in again brfore i leave......other-wise check in tomorrow :D

i feel better too, thank goodness!

ENJOY! for anyone who's going in the next few days! :hyper:

so good I was wondering if you wanted to go on Sunday the 17th with BLM in Holtsville?

wait, did u say you
'll be away?

I would love to go with you guys, but I will be traveling to the sun that day. As you enter the theater I will be sipping a cold drink watching the sunset over the water............................ahhhhhhhhh!

It sucks that Kindergarten teachers make so much more than Preschool teachers. :wink:
My vacation will be me using my library card reading about the wonderful places in the world I can't afford to visit.

Really, I am happy for you. Have a cold drink (2) for me.

Luckily I don't have to pay for most of the vacations I go on. Points and splitting costs with friends really helps! Thanks though, I need my sun fix!

Enjoy the show it will blow you away. I would sit close to the screen to get the full feel of being there. Say hi to BLM, and lets make a date for all us LI gals to go together.

We're still planning for the 24th I believe with Jc.

Bon Voyage!

YEs, Yes, still the 24th for the 4 of us!

The 17th, Val at Holtsville?????

Is that a definite???? If so, I will try to imax it with my husband on the 16th. I will let you know. Have to get someone to watch the girls, it will be up to them.

Keep checking this thread

Kassandra, have a great time-don't forget the sunscreen!!!

Last edited:
I think I'm going to see it here in NYC.

IF i want to go again (ie like the 3D doesn't give me a headache/strained eyes :crack: ) AND IF i can scrape up the money--
(iv'e had some VERY annoying unexpected expenses that kinda wiped out alot of my modest FUN $$ this month:madspit: :madspit: )-- I'll try to join you all on the 24th! :heart:

i'll let you know. :) :hug:S

BLm looks like it isn't playing here on the 17th after all. I just went to the u23d site, and I see they've changed the opening dates for LI to the 22nd. I am bummed.

I think the delay is because Hannah Montana was extended.

But, Val - I checked the 23rd and 24th dates, too- it said it wasn't playing.. that was yesterday. I hope the 22nd opening date is true. *thinking I could go on the 22nd, 1st showing- I have to see it soon.
Getting to NY is difficult for me, but I WILL get there.

Back
Top Bottom