LI U2 3D gathering.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know. We're really looking bad here.

:reject:

I only have set plans for Saturday evening, 2/16. I can see it that Saturday afternoon, any time the following Sunday, and will let you know about Friday 2/15.

I am so willing to take a road trip to see it at an Imax theater as long as I don't have to drive far. I guess you can say I 'm easy!!!!!!

Last edited:
I've searched and searched and still haven't found what I'm looking for...:giggle:

Until the 15th this seems to be the only place that has it:

AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX
1998 Broadway
NY, NY 10023

It seems to be right on Broadway at 68th. street. 10 min by cab from Penn.

Kassandra, can you take a day off from work? I have days coming to me, and my students could use the break. ;)

We would need to get tixs first. I'm going to check this thread when I get home tomorrow and then maybe call you, BLM and Kassandra.

At this rate, we'll be seeing U2 at 60

Val said:
Kassandra, can you take a day off from work? I have days coming to me, and my students could use the break. ;)

I can take a day off form work, but I'd rather not, if we can do a weekend it would be much easier.

Hello~ the theater JC found is playing the show starting Wed this week! Lets go there, it's the easiest and we can go this weekend if you all are able!!! I can make it during the week as well if you guys can :dancing:

Last edited:
JC, Island 16 in Holtsville. It is a short ride from us. But I (and the others) will meet you in the middle for sure to see it asap.
It all depends on what theatre has it. The release date seems to be all over the place, that is frustrating. I have to check my (kids and husbands) social/work calendar! for my "availability"!
:drool: :drool: :drool: I want to sit in the theatre all day. That's all I need, no food, nothing else......:wink:

be back here later.

Here's what I found regarding IMAX U2 3D at the four closest theaters to me (CT):

White Plains- 4:45 & 9:30
Palisades mall- 5 & 9
New Rochelle- 12:30, 5, & 9:30
Lincoln Center- 12, 12:45, 4:35, 5:45, & 9:20

I'm planning on bringing my family to the 5 p.m. showing in New Rochelle tomorrow because UNFORUNTATELY, we are BUSY ALL WEEKEND! I know I'll be seeing it again, and would love to meet up with some of you. I just wish I could see it with other fans tomorrow because I don't want to be the only crazy person wanting to jump around instead of staying seated.:rockon: :dancing:
~Liz

Last edited:
^ Liz would love to catch up with you guys someday!

Come February 15th according u23dmovie.com it will be playing in Hicksville, Broadway Mall and NAM Farmingdale and the Holtsville theatre. I have no problem driving to Holtsville to see the movie.

chat later....

Kassandra, I've decided to wait to see it when it comes to Holtsville with hopefully you, BLM and JC. I've taken a good look at my calendar and I have so much reading and writing to do, it just makes sense for me to wait until it comes near me.

Val said:
Kassandra, I've decided to wait to see it when it comes to Holtsville with hopefully you, BLM and JC. I've taken a good look at my calendar and I have so much reading and writing to do, it just makes sense for me to wait until it comes near me.

I can wait to see it with you guys cause I really want to go with the 3 of you.

My hubby wants to go into the city see the movie and then go to Carmines for din din. We might be going with Christine the teacher (shes not sure if she has a date).

So lets pick a February date! :dancing:

You know I get so mad that life continues to get in the way of my U2'dom!!!

Hi gang-

I want to go with you three! Holtsville is fine, (so is Farmingdale, JC). Any Sunday in Feb is good for me. How about the first Sunday it plays? and grab a bite after?? It will take some time for me to come down from my U2 high and be able to drive!

I might go with my guy to Imax/Lincoln . Not sure, though. But I REALLY want to see it that way, too.

Looks like we're back at Sunday the 17th, but I don't think that works for JC and Kassandra. I'm wondering if it will play on Monday, Presidents Day. Actually, I'm off the whole week, but I think Kassandra will be away. By the way, BLM, I believe you live just across the road from me.

Sunday the 24th- me and JC :up:

Val and Kassandra- is that good for you??

Kassandra- I don't think so for the 23rd. (but i would go with you in a heartbeat). I am trying to get tix and a sitter for Friday night- In Patchogue, the LI Philharmonic is doing "Serenade by Candlelight" and I realllly want to see it. My husband wants to see the 3D show in Imax. I just have to make arrangements (again)for the girls. It might be a last minute thing, as it is not up to just me, darn it.

It's either feast or famine. I could go for months with nothing to do, then all of a sudden-everything is crammed together.

Val- I know Where Kassandra is, but are you on the other side of Bald Hill?

the 24th is fine, but where will it be playing and will it be playing still?

I'm seeing it a few times on opening weekend as well, so blm, if you want to catch a show with me, lets do it. I'll ask Deighton as well.
Ps I live across Nicholls Rd right behind Cancos tiles.

Val said:
Dazzledbylight

You do know that Ronkonkoma is a ride? The movie is playing in many theatres much closer to NYC.

oh sure....i've taken the LLIR out to Jones Beach (plus shuttle bus) & Shoreum (way back)

besides I've logged around 15,000 miles by bus in the USA 48.....

I can do this :wink:

*note to self* stop by Penn Station & get train map :D

Back
Top Bottom