LA's U2 Tribute - The Joshua Tree - 3/12 & 3/27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all! Looking forward to seeing you on the 27th. I just realized that we will (JT) celebrating the 1 year anniversary of our 1st live show!

It was March 25th 2004. It was somewhat brutal... I have the DVD to prove it! NO! You cannot see it.

Well, I know we have gotten better. Well, I was always good, but the other 3 guys.... With lost of practice... there getting there! Even Ron!

I'm looking forward to celebrating this milestone with the unique cast of characters we have come to know and love over the past year.

Chas

TheEdge U2JT said:

Which would only support my theory that people will buy any and all crap if you list it on Ebay!

If that includes someone listing tickets to see us...ladies and gentelmen.. it is official, the world is coming to an end.

Chedge

Now you are just being silly, Chedge! How could anyone resist the pull of JT? I know I cannot!

TheEdge U2JT said:
Hey all! Looking forward to seeing you on the 27th. I just realized that we will (JT) celebrating the 1 year anniversary of our 1st live show!

It was March 25th 2004. It was somewhat brutal... I have the DVD to prove it! NO! You cannot see it.

Well, I know we have gotten better. Well, I was always good, but the other 3 guys.... With lost of practice... there getting there! Even Ron!

I'm looking forward to celebrating this milestone with the unique cast of characters we have come to know and love over the past year.

Chas

WHEW! for a second there I thought you were gonna say "and you can all see the DVD at U2JT.com"........
man, destroy the evidence before it falls into the wrong hands!!! :eeklaugh:

I think we should produce a special JT DVD - a documentary and call it Joshua Tree Chronicles or Joshumentary.....some behind the scenes footage, band member and fan profiles and interviews and stuff. We could sell those on eBay. I bet we could make a lotta money.

Yay!!!! I am *so* there!!!!! :dance:

I can get off work on Sunday for the HRC show...:yes: I can....maybe I can even bunk with Karen in San Diego! :wink:

Damnit! Exciting things happen when I go away...maybe if I go away more often, JT will announce more shows!

My heart is racing, I can't keep up... :faint:

TheEdge U2JT said:

wow...that seems like yesterday. i remember sitting waaaay in the back and you guys were just really awesome. the crowd was definitely brutal, but you guys held up. im proud of you guys.

angel_of_L.A. said:
Yay!!!! I am *so* there!!!!! :dance:

I can get off work on Sunday for the HRC show...:yes: I can....maybe I can even bunk with Karen in San Diego! :wink:

Damnit! Exciting things happen when I go away...maybe if I go away more often, JT will announce more shows!

My heart is racing, I can't keep up... :faint:

Oh dear! I'm afraid you just might have a baaaaaad case of Vertigo! :( :shocked: :dance:

TheEdge U2JT said:

Chas

:hmm: hatches a plot to try and get a hold of said DVD....

:giggle:

meditate.gif

I know what we must do...*whispers in your ear*

Allegra said:

Yeah! Lisa is on our side!!! :applaud:

Jason, you lose! :p

I want in on this! :hyper:

Not gonna happen ladies. I've destroyed the evidence. MMMWWWAAAHAHAAHAHAH!:evil:

You'll just have to ask Icelle how it was, if she can remember. It was sooo long ago in a galaxy far far away.

Icelle, the checks in the mail baby. :laugh:

Bono B. Jones said:

Not gonna happen ladies. I've destroyed the evidence. MMMWWWAAAHAHAAHAHAH!:evil:

You'll just have to ask Icelle how it was, if she can remember. It was sooo long ago in a galaxy far far away.

Icelle, the checks in the mail baby. :laugh:
Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Can you imagine Bono himself EVER destroying ANYTHING that has his face on it... :bono: :no:

Dont think so.

JTsAli said:
i hate to dissapoint but the old man won't give up the DVD...sorry!:sad: :scream: :mad: :banghead:

You know guys, if you think of the DVD as a way of celebrating how far along you've all come, then showing it to us is not a bad thing at all. Whom else but your fans could appreciate and understand your talent? It's positive reinforcement as far as I'm concerned. No one is going to point and :giggle:...

I have to tell you that I have grown to appreciate JT more especially since I now know the difference between a tribute and a cover band. I saw a cover band perform "Vertigo" last Thursday and I was shocked at how flat and soul-less it sounded. I walked out of there loving you guys even more. :up:

angel_of_L.A. said:
You know guys, if you think of the DVD as a way of celebrating how far along you've all come, then showing it to us is not a bad thing at all. Whom else but your fans could appreciate and understand your talent? It's positive reinforcement as far as I'm concerned. No one is going to point and :giggle:...

Well, we will have to think about it. It's no big deal really, just us in our infancy playing to about 15 kids who don't have a clue as to what we're doing and why. Some of them didn't even know who U2 was. :no: That's just WRONG! "I weep for the future".

I have to tell you that I have grown to appreciate JT more especially since I now know the difference between a tribute and a cover band. I saw a cover band perform "Vertigo" last Thursday and I was shocked at how flat and soul-less it sounded. I walked out of there loving you guys even more. :up:

I'm really glad that you are able to see that Angel. A lot of people call us a "cover" band and I try to not get offended. :lol: Really, it's just like people calling all soda a "Coke"...it happens, people tend to generalize so it's no big deal really. Also, not many people are aware of the "tribute" label because it hasn't been around that long.

Honestly, I can attribute the soul factor in our performances more to the dynamics between the four of us, our personal relationships with one another, and more importantly the personal relationship each one of us have with God. For us, it goes beyond going the extra mile to cover every little detail in wardrobe, equipment, sound, look, etc.

The minute we don't put our heart and soul's into this and are just up there "entertaining" people and going through the motions to try and just look and sound like U2, is the minute we will quit doing this all together.

God bless Angel, we appreciate your love and support.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom