LA's The Joshua Tree - July 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allegra

Refugee
The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap,
[I'm doing this out of love, but now you guys owe me double! :wink: ]

The Joshua Tree will once again be playing at Harry O's in Manhattan Beach. The boys played there on ol' St. Patty's Day for STAR 98.7 and again in April. Management has asked them back. Please come out and help the band sing a new song.

Friday, July 1, 2005
9:00 PM

Harry O's
3600 Highland Avenue
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(310) 545-4444
www.harryosmb.com

If you would like more info or a map, you can visit the band's website at U2JT.com

Screw this, these guys have sucked since they added that new member, the guy who plays the fog machine. Hahaha!!! Im for sure there, I grew up in the south bay!

DeadMansParty said:
Screw this, these guys have sucked since they added that new member, the guy who plays the fog machine. Hahaha!!! Im for sure there, I grew up in the south bay!

when I grow up.....I wanna be the fog machine guy! :lol:

gasmask-M50_ProMask_small.jpg

:| :lmao:

Last edited:
Adam's Member said:

.......I just got a call from the fog guy....he said he will arrive early to prep the machine...

Seriously laughin my ass off Redrocks!!

Ron, why do you think Adam wore the mask on the POP tour? The fog machine was on his side of the stage. :lol:

Yeah, i did.
I was in the store when it happened talking to an associate of mine.....we have glass walls and they shook alot!
I tried calling my home but my PCS (Sprint) did not work for several minutes.....how about you?

i had just got off of work, got into my car, and i didnt even feel it. i think the parking structure is on rollers or something...or i just didnt feel it.

Thanks Kren! I'll take that.

hey, a question about the next gig....

How was that venue to play, how was the sound?

So far, for me.........Vertigo's set the bar way high.

RedrocksU2 said:
Thanks Kren! I'll take that.

hey, a question about the next gig....

How was that venue to play, how was the sound?

So far, for me.........Vertigo's set the bar way high.

Harry O's was ok. I only went St Paddy's and it was crowded beyond capacity. Sound was ok, the stage is real small and parking out on the street sorta sucks but at least it's in a nice part of town and they serve food, it's a nice bar, there are tables and a couple booths and a couple restaurants on the street if you want to eat a nice dinner before the show. I didn't go to the 2nd show the guys did there.

I agree about Vertigo's sound being the best. 14Below wins for easiest load in/out and stage (but no fog!) but it's a small place like Molyl Malone's and Marlins. Gotta get these guys into HRC and House of Blues!

Hey here's an article I found about concert ticket sales that's kinda interesting:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20050617/en_usatoday/whyitstoughtogetaticket

WHO IS PLANNING TO SEE JT AT THE LA COUNTY FAIR?

I was on the Fair website and noted that they provide a
considerable discount for groups of 20 or more. Would anyone be interested in pooling together to get a deal on tickets? I wouldn't think it would be difficult what with most of us when you start including spouses, families, etc. Probably that Sat/Sun 9/10 or 9/11.....Opening day admission is only $1 (Fri 9/9). Parking is $8, $10 or $15 I think-3 different prices.

Post comments or if you're interested. I'm happy to coordinate so long as I am not out of pocket!

:whistle:

We'll go but we can't commit to what dates...the fairgrounds are basically around the block from us and we have some traveling to between now and then........

next week Tucson, AZ for my 54th...why Tucson? its my family's roots..gotta go back and see what I missed by growing up in the South Bay..

Yes, we will see JT in Pomona.

Back
Top Bottom