LA's The Joshua Tree - July 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Adam's Member said:

bbq? alcohol? and by the looks of DMP's post ....Texas hold em?
throw in some hot chicks and I'm in!

Would you settle for hot wings instead???

A BBQ isn't too far out of the question; let me check local ordinances re: noise and amplifications...my neighbor to the west (2 houses) had a band and DJ set up last year...more to follow

FYI - Thomas Bros. OC map, page 739 E-4; just to get ur bearings.

Carek1230 said:
:lol: :applaud: Me thinks this might could be coming together nicely! And August is not that far away, gang! :rockon: Ya know, we never did get that Mrs Knotts chicken either! :giggle:

woooohooo!!!

Let's do it!!! :hyper: :D :applaud:

So based on the JT schedule for August and a trip we already have planned, it looks like Saturday the 6th or Saturday the 27th. We could even do this on a Sunday if we had to.

So everyone check your calendars and let us know...we'll get this thing planned! :D :hyper:

im so there. any date is good with me.

this is gonna be awesome...

Mr. BAW said:

FYI - Thomas Bros. OC map, page 739 E-4; just to get ur bearings.

You're such a cop! :lol:

I can relate, believe it or not. I almost went to the dark side some years ago. :lmao:

Bono B. Jones said:

You're such a cop! :lol:

I can relate, believe it or not. I almost went to the dark side some years ago. :lmao:

haha, you could have been on that show " cop rock"!
but I dont think you would look good in Mirror sunglasses, so good thing you didnt go that route

Bono's American Wife said:
So based on the JT schedule for August and a trip we already have planned, it looks like Saturday the 6th or Saturday the 27th. We could even do this on a Sunday if we had to.

So everyone check your calendars and let us know...we'll get this thing planned! :D :hyper:

What the hell are you guys talking about? :eyebrow:

martha said:
And what's the JT schedule for August?

And the 6th of August is better for me. :D

JT is doing some private parties in August so we were trying to schedule a get-together around those dates...would the 27th be totally out for you or is it negotiable? :flirt:

RedrocksU2 said:
.............me too....any day.

Quoting myself...weird....:huh:

anyways.....

Aug 27th would be better for me....:| On August 6th, i'll be in Cancun:drool: :rockon:

Please make it the 27th.......:hyper:

RedrocksU2 said:

Quoting myself...weird....:huh:

anyways.....

Aug 27th would be better for me....:| On August 6th, i'll be in Cancun:drool: :rockon:

Please make it the 27th.......:hyper:

Chedge isn't available August 6th or the 13th, so it'll have to be the 27th. He said he can "pencil" it in to his calendar then. :lol:

Now, do you guys want this to be a full production performance as we usually do, or an acoustic (A la MTV unplugged) kinda laid back performance?

Either way is fine for us, I just wanna know what the hosts and those attending would prefer. Depending on how much alcohol is consumed by the band prior to performing, it may be a laid back (loose) performance anyway. :laugh:

Oh, and DMP, I wore the mirrored sunglasses back when I was a cadet....what a dork I was (am). Reno 911? Thanks Rick! Thought about busting them out with the black flak/SWAT jacket for the Running to Stand Still portion of the ZOO-TV era performances. Then and only then. No POP/Discoteque Village People look though!

We have the official name of the shindig though!

BAW-B-Q :lmao:

BAW, that is soooo my kind of humor!

DRY-DRY-DRY!

BAW-B-Q!!!!! Classic!!!!! :laugh:

I vote for a FULL PRODUCTION!....hell, if it's gonna be done, let's do it right!.....gotta hear Ron and Chedge full blast!
:rockon:

I second that motion, the people around them have had parties and bands before too, so It doesnt look like too much of a problem.

DeadMansParty said:
I second that motion, the people around them have had parties and bands before too, so It doesnt look like too much of a problem.

Well, if the bacon shows up...I'm sure Mr. BAW can talk them into giving us a break.

He said he can "pencil" it in to his calendar then. :lol: PENCIL? HE SAYS HE WILL PENCIL IT IN? Wellllllllllllllllllllllllll............

Now, do you guys want this to be a full production performance as we usually do, or an acoustic (A la MTV unplugged) kinda laid back performance?

Either way is fine for us, I just wanna know what the hosts and those attending would prefer. Depending on how much alcohol is consumed by the band prior to performing, it may be a laid back (loose) performance anyway. :laugh:

Oh, and DMP, I wore the mirrored sunglasses back when I was a cadet....what a dork I was (am). Reno 911? Thanks Rick! Thought about busting them out with the black flak/SWAT jacket for the Running to Stand Still portion of the ZOO-TV era performances. Then and only then. No POP/Discoteque Village People look though!

OH I THINK THERE SHOULD BE A GOOD CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL AND THEN A PERFORMANCE INCLUDING RICKY AND JT ALA VILLAGE PEOPLE! lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: IT'S ABOUT TIME!!! NOW THAT WOULD BE FUNNY! MAYBE WE CAN EVEN GET SOMETHING ON FILM FOR AMERICA'S FUNNIEST HOME VIDEOS!!!!! :camera: :evil:

OK OK....King Chedge has entered the discussion!

Aug 27th......is the day

The BAW's home..........is the location

JT................is the house band

DMP................is the opening act

As spokesman for the band and ruler of all things Chedgeville.....I have decreed that all "Chedge Girls" and "Chedge Boys" shall partake of the festivities! (Mr. BAW are you still a "Chedge Girl" or have you converted?)

Mr. or Mrs. BAW.... PM or Email me and we can discuss the details!

BAW-B-Q! Gotta love it!

Love to all!
Chedge

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom