LA's The Joshua Tree - July 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Speech? OK! Wow, I don't know where to start....Listen to me now, I need to let you know-family, friends, acquaintences, fellow Interferencers....I think this just about sums it all up! For me, it's all about Rock and Roll and the music! The music and the Kren has spoken. I give you now, a slice of an all time favorire American Pie......

A long, long time ago I can still remember how that music used to make me smile and I knew if I had my chance that I could make those people dance and maybe they'd be happy for a while but February made me shiver with every paper I delivered, bad news on the door step, I couldn't take one more step, I can't remember if I cried when I read about his widowed bride but something touched me deep inside, the day, the music, died. So...
CHORUS
Bye, bye Miss American Pie drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry an them good ol' boys were drinkin whiskey and rye singin this will be the day that I die, this will be the day that I die.

Did you write the book of love and do you have faith in God above, if the bible tells you so, and do you believe in rock n' roll, can music save your mortal soul and can you teach me how to dance real slow? Well I know that you're in love with him cuz I saw you dancin in the gym you both kicked off your shoes and I dig those rhythm and blues. I was a lonely teenage bronkin buck with a pink carnation and a pick up truck but I knew I was out of luck, the day, the music, died. I started singin...

Chorus

Now for ten years we've been on our own and moss grows fat on a rollin stone but that's not how it used to be, when the jester sang for the king and queen in a coat he borrowed from James Dean and a voice that came from you and me, oh and while the king was looking down, the jester stole his thorny crown the courtroom was adjourned, no verdict was returned, and while Lenin read a book on Marx, the quartet practiced in the park and we sang dirges in the dark, the day, the music, died. We were singin...

Chorus

Helter Skelter in a summer swelter the birds flew off with a fallout shelter, eight miles high and fallin fast, its the land that falled on the grass the players tried for a forward pass with the jester on the sidelines in a cast, now the half-time air was sweet perfume while the sergeants played a marching tune we all got up to dance oh but we never got the chance oh as the players tried to take the field the marching band refused to yield do you recall what was revealed, the day, the music, died. We started singin...

Chorus

Oh and there we were all in one place, a generation lost in space with no time left to start again, so come on, Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack Flash sat on a candle stick because fire is the devils only friend, oh and as I watched him on the stage, my hands were clinched in fists of rage, no angel born in hell could break that satan's spell and as the planes climbed high into the night to light the sacrificial right I saw satan laughing with delight, the day, the music, died. He was singin...

Chorus

I met a girl who sang the blues and I asked her for some happy news but she just smiled and turned away, I went down to the sacred store where I'd heard the music years before but the man there said the music wouldn't play and in the streets the children screamed, the lovers cried, and the poets dreamed but not a word was spoken, the church bells all were broken and the three men I admire most, the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost, they caught the last train for the coast, the day, the music, died, and they were singin...

Chorus

They were singin... Bye, bye Miss American Pie drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry an them good ol' boys were drinkin whiskey and rye singin this will be the day that I die.

^ was this song on Unforgettable fire or Joshua Tree.....?:hmm: .................................................................:laugh:

..............sorry.:|

RedrocksU2 said:
^ was this song on Unforgettable fire or Joshua Tree.....?:hmm: .................................................................:laugh:

..............sorry.:|

Oh come on now, you remember American Pie!
Everybody knows the words to this song, it
is a really cool song! I have been singing it
all afternoon.

Kren,
I was just kidding!
Of course I know this song......I love this song.....

.....but then Madonna had to ruin it for me....:mad:

RedrocksU2 said:
Kren,
I was just kidding!
Of course I know this song......I love this song.....

.....but then Madonna had to ruin it for me....:mad:

Yeah I figured you were teasin....and I completely agree about how Madonna slaughtered the masterpiece! Ugh! :sigh:

I dont think the BAWS can make it to the show, my girlfriend cant either..........Maybe I should take one of my bro's with me, cause I wanna go, but I dont wanna go solo ya know

DeadMansParty said:
I dont think the BAWS can make it to the show, my girlfriend cant either..........Maybe I should take one of my bro's with me, cause I wanna go, but I dont wanna go solo ya know

Yeah get the friends together and come on out. Gotta have a JT cheering section, the guys count on it! It's not as much fun going solo, especially that really late night drive all the way back to San Diego! But I do it..... :rockon:

Hahahaha.....this just in from Croke1...discuss amongst yourselves.....:scratch:

bonospitatcroke.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Don't forget Live8 is this week, 28th June. Here's something I thought I'd share, a bit of nostalgia and a bit of Bono and Larry having a bit of fun while promoting the huge event:

Who watched Live Aid Live?

liveaidbonolarry3.jpg
[/IMG]

Who remembers the famous Bono hairstyle?

live8_bonolarry2.jpg
[/IMG]

I don't think Lardence liked it either!!

live8_bonolarry.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I have a question;
How come U2JT's website is not in the links database (Under music) area of Interference?
I noticed several other tribute bands there......
:hmm:

RedrocksU2 said:
I have a question;
How come U2JT's website is not in the links database (Under music) area of Interference?
I noticed several other tribute bands there......
:hmm:

I think it's cos we never asked to be put there. I'll inquire with a mod about it.

Thanks Carlos!

Also, to those who aren't going to be able to attend next Friday's show at Harry O's, I am sorry to say you will be missing out on a couple of songs we've never played out before. I won't tell you what they are, but it will be too bad that you are GONE because when the lights go out on RED HILL MINING TOWN, we will be playing some new material.

Have fun and we'll hopefully see you all at the next show....TBA.

Jason.

Bono B. Jones said:

I think it's cos we never asked to be put there. I'll inquire with a mod about it.

Thanks Carlos!

Also, to those who aren't going to be able to attend next Friday's show at Harry O's, I am sorry to say you will be missing out on a couple of songs we've never played out before. I won't tell you what they are, but it will be too bad that you are GONE because when the lights go out on RED HILL MINING TOWN, we will be playing some new material.

Jason.

guess I better start practicing.......what songs are we doing again?? :lol:

Bono B. Jones said:

Jason.

Damn...I'm always missin' y'all!!! :sigh:

Well, I think I've found two new JT virgins. Hopefully there should be someone there from atU2 and one from Zootopia. I've told them to introduce themselves. And I told them to say "Allegra sent me." :wink:

Spread the news and bring a newbie!

Carek1230 said:
Don't forget Live8 is this week, 28th June. Here's something I thought I'd share, a bit of nostalgia and a bit of Bono and Larry having a bit of fun while promoting the huge event:

Who watched Live Aid Live?

liveaidbonolarry3.jpg
[/IMG]

Who remembers the famous Bono hairstyle?

live8_bonolarry2.jpg
[/IMG]

Well I'll be missing this JT show, Damn If Im rushing accross Los Angeles just to miss the show!:sad:..Ill have to wait till the next one!
I am ready for LIVE8 though!! WOOOO HOOO!!!! :dancing:
been ready for weeks!! Makred VHS tape in the recorder already to press record!!:hyper:

P.S
Will JT ever play Original of the Species?:D

I wont hold my breath!:|

Last edited:
BonoFox1 said:

Will JT ever play Original of the Species?:D

I wont hold my breath!:|

They've played it before, acoustically.... it inspired crying in the stalls. Um, in a good way.

I'm sure they'd play it again sometime if you e-mailed them nicely. :)

We'll miss you, Bonofox... Harry O's is always a great show (and a long set... are you sure you can't make it?!).

Back
Top Bottom