LA's Joshua Tree Upcoming Shows-April

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Debbie Downer says:

Hey, whatever happened to that guy who kinda looked like Bono and sounded like Bono who sang in that tribute band the Joshua Tree? What was his name again? Oh well, it doesn't matter.

Who plays the violin....i hear a violin...???

agentmissa said:

It's the saddest thing I've ever read... :lmao:

I know! I shed a tear when I wrote it. :lol:

As Mary Catherine Gallagher would say,

I think my feelings can best be expressed in a monolouge from the movie Almost Famous:

"I'm the lead singer! I work hard, if not harder than anyone in this band! I get people off! I look for the one person who isn't getting off...and I MAKE them get off! That you can print!"

and..

"I'm the frontman....and you're the guitar player with mystique! That's the dynamic we agreed upon! Yet it's all seeming to turn around somehow. Why do I feel like I'm a joke to you?"

Over the T-shirt made of the band:

Russel (guitar player):"I can see by the look on your face that you want to get into it."
Singer:"Oh really? How can you tell? I'm just one of the out of focus guys!"

And finally...as the tour bus pulls away from the gas station and the frontman comes out of the bathroom and sees them heading down the road..."Oh yeah, that's fine, I'm easy to forget....I'm only the F***ing lead singer!!!!"

One of my favorite movies of all time. I highly recommend it. :up:

Bono B. Jones said:

I think my feelings can best be expressed in a monolouge from the movie Almost Famous:

"I'm the lead singer! I work hard, if not harder than anyone in this band! I get people off! I look for the one person who isn't getting off...and I MAKE them get off! That you can print!"

and..

"I'm the frontman....and you're the guitar player with mystique! That's the dynamic we agreed upon! Yet it's all seeming to turn around somehow. Why do I feel like I'm a joke to you?"

Over the T-shirt made of the band:

Russel (guitar player):"I can see by the look on your face that you want to get into it."
Singer:"Oh really? How can you tell? I'm just one of the out of focus guys!"

And finally...as the tour bus pulls away from the gas station and the frontman comes out of the bathroom and sees them heading down the road..."Oh yeah, that's fine, I'm easy to forget....I'm only the F***ing lead singer!!!!"

had to smile at that one.......great movie!
you better hope if it happens to us though that chedge aint drivin the bus....... :laugh:

Bono B. Jones said:

:lmao: Jason you're way too cute.

My friends kept calling me a Band-Aid after I started going to more and more JT shows. :laugh:

Great great movie! I still want to be the seamstress for the band. That-or band nanny. :up:

thousandfold said:

I'd say a little of column A, a little of column B.... :wink:

That would be frigging awesome! I'm all about it. Let me know if you need help on that project!

Mitzye, you totally hit the nail on the head here. Part of what makes JT shows so awesome is the feeling of camaraderie, so I'm glad we could help import it to Cupertino for one night! You guys played at the top of your game and I for one had a blast! Can't wait for the next show!

And Kren... I have one word for you:

Scandalous!

Now lights out in the dormitories!!!!

hey! lights are out and no one's home baby!!!!

Man I crack myself up.

Didn't someone say "Two words and they aren't Happy Birthday?"

:huh: :lmao: :lmao:

Everyone! Everyone! EVERY ONE!
Africa Africa!

hehehe (damn I am even laffing like you now!)

angel_of_L.A. said:

:lmao: Jason you're way too cute.

My friends kept calling me a Band-Aid after I started going to more and more JT shows. :laugh:

Great great movie! I still want to be the seamstress for the band. That-or band nanny. :up:

YES! JT Band-Aid's! :up:

Your first duty as seamstress is to take care of our off-stage wardrobe. We can't dress ourselves very well.

Band nanny? Hmm...well just as long as you don't miss any shows.

and babysitting Ron doesn't count. :lmao:

Bono B. Jones said:

YES! JT Band-Aid's! :up:

Your first duty as seamstress is to take care of our off-stage wardrobe. We can't dress ourselves very well.

Band nanny? Hmm...well just as long as you don't miss any shows.

and babysitting Ron doesn't count. :lmao:

Good deal!

"Lights out in the dormitories!" :laugh: That's going to be my next sig line....classy classy.

AFRICA AFRICA! Kren, Rachel, Chicaedge...those were good times baby.

TheEdge U2JT said:
Thanks Missa for the pics!

Big Thanks to Agent Missa, Chicaedge, Kren, Angel of LA, Thousandfold for all making the trip to No Cal. I had a good time in San Jose because I looked out and saw the faces of the 5 of you!

Chas

Chas you're beautiful... the agent and I would drive anywhere for you guys:dance:

Carek1230 said:

woohoo you're back! we had crap cell coverage yesterday so sorry we didn't re-connect. wanna hear all the scoop....give it up fellow Chedge Girls, give it all up! also u going Sat? hope so!

heavily sedated, huh? hmmmmmmmmm.........:eek:

we're back and out of the long and curvy and scary tree filled roads... it was so creepy (I'll tell you more later) I'm not sure about saturday yet, but it looks promising

chicaedge said:

we're back and out of the long and curvy and scary tree filled roads... it was so creepy (I'll tell you more later) I'm not sure about saturday yet, but it looks promising

Scary and creepy is an understatement!:reject: I'm just glad we didn't see anything like blond demonic children walking out of the tent thingys. Hollister = pure evil. And thats all I'm saying about that.

agentmissa said:

Scary and creepy is an understatement!:reject: I'm just glad we didn't see anything like blond demonic children walking out of the tent thingys. Hollister = pure evil. And thats all I'm saying about that.

You just might be talking about the kids i nanny.. but they are black haired... could it be...?

agentmissa said:

ooohh the tent thingys I was trying to forget about those...ummm can we never go there again, well maybe for JT but that's pushing it:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

You just might be talking about the kids i nanny.. but they are black haired... could it be...?

wow... I :bow: to you... I couldn't do it, or did you make them that way?

ooohh the tent thingys I was trying to forget about those...ummm can we never go there again, well maybe for JT but that's pushing it

NEVER AGAIN... JT wouldn't do that to us... Hollister doesn't desurve such a wonderful experience... but I'm not bitter... oh no... you know, just for that creepiness they better watchout in June... muhahaha....

For anyone who doesn’t know, Hollister is my archrival at the power soccer tournaments... but no hard feelings..

Last edited:
agentmissa said:

NEVER AGAIN... JT wouldn't do that to us... Hollister doesn't desurve such a wonderful experience... but I'm not bitter... oh no... you know, just for that creepiness they better watchout in June... muhahaha....

For anyone who doesn’t know, Hollister is my archrival at the power soccer tournaments... but no hard feelings..

Missa says:

Make them what way? Evil?....no, they came packaged like that.

:macdevil:

where there b any opening acts for the upcoming gigs?

i think the Kings of Leon may be available in a few short weeks:angry:

db9:wink:

Yup, Kings of Leon did suck! Bad choice for an opening band. Even "No Doubt", would have been a better choice, just like they where selected for U2's last tour....

BB Jones...... I know it is your bitter jealousy of me that lead you to say stuff about the amazing Chedge Girls. I think it is a great idea to get them shirts. The only issue is how many to get. I have lost count.

We all know that is IS all about playing guitar. That clearly explains why we all saw BB Jones playing (holding) a green Gretch during Walk On in San Diego. Note to BB Jones, it takes more than holding it to get a response! You need to know how to use it.

You know the old saying, if a tree falls in the forrest with no one around, does it make a sound?

Question: If a BB Jones fan make a noise at a JT show, does anyone hear it?

Chas

Answer: No, that person is completely lost is the sea of screams coming from the Chedge Girls for the entire show!

Last edited:
TheEdge U2JT said:
BB Jones...... I know it is your bitter jealousy of me that lead you to say stuff about the amazing Chedge Girls. I think it is a great idea to get them shirts. The only issue is how many to get. I have lost count.

We all know that is IS all about playing guitar. That clearly explains why we all saw BB Jones playing (holding) a green Gretch during Walk On in San Diego. Note to BB Jones, it takes more than holding it to get a response! You need to know how to use it.

You know the old saying, if a tree falls in the forrest with no one around, does it make a sound?

Question: If a BB Jones fan make a noise at a JT show, does anyone hear it?

Chas

Answer: No, that person is completely lost is the sea of screams coming from the Chedge Girls for the entire show!

sorry to burst your bubble.....but it's my instrument that holds mysterious powers over the women folk. ;)

OMG...
I can remember when you guys first started out, you asked me to tell you if/when your heads got too big to kick you in the ass.
As a matter of fact, you begged me to ( you do remember that dont you?)

Well start lining up, Ron was the last straw.

Back
Top Bottom