LA/Ontario Fan Convention Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks everybody for showing a non-interference member a great time. I am totally glad that my brother, Cleasai, told me about this LA Celebration. I just wish the Joshua Tree tribute band played some more. I guess, I will have to see them the next time they play. It was very nice to meet all of you. I hope that we all can do this again. Take care everybody.:wink:

Oh, in case you want to know. This is Richie. And this is my second post.

Takasa said:
Thanks everybody for showing a non-interference member a great time. I am totally glad that my brother, Cleasai, told me about this LA Celebration. I just wish the Joshua Tree tribute band played some more. I guess, I will have to see them the next time they play. It was very nice to meet all of you. I hope that we all can do this again. Take care everybody.:wink:

Oh, in case you want to know. This is Richie. And this is my second post.

Richie

I'm glad you had a good time. We all did. You're invited to our Joshua Tree LA Fan Convention 1 1/2 on Nov. 5th. It's a little scaled back. No BP Fallon. No Booths, No pictures for sale. No ElevationUSA, No U2 trivia. But you will get Joshua Tree and Exit. We will be in Huntington Beach that night, but will be in spirit with our very good friends of Elevation Canada at In To The Heart in Toronto.

ABEL said:

what was that from? i'd love to get a copy of that somehow...

Some random early dvd I have. I actually have part 1 and part 2 of early stuff. Part 1 is the best though, and the one I showed at the convention.

Email me if you want a copy - eep78@aol.com

BonoFox1 said:
I want to give a shout out to the girls at the crafts table...EEP and Stories for boys...Loved the coloring pictures and the Trivia game rocked!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. We were kind of nervous nobody would get into what we had planned.....

TheEdge U2JT said:

You're invited to our Joshua Tree LA Fan Convention 1 1/2 on Nov. 5th. We will be in Huntington Beach that night, but will be in spirit with our very good friends of Elevation Canada at In To The Heart in Toronto.

Huntington Beach? Well I suppose that I will try my hardest to be there. It's not like it is in England. Just a semi-short drive. About a 1.5 hour drive. I've done worse.

Oh, and thanks again for welcoming me everybody.

Takasa said:

Huntington Beach? Well I suppose that I will try my hardest to be there. It's not like it is in England. Just a semi-short drive. About a 1.5 hour drive. I've done worse.

Oh, and thanks again for welcoming me everybody.

Come on up Takasa!!! 1.5 hour drive aint that bad. I gotta drive 2 hours just to get to rehearsal every week! (insert violin music here) and if you and I left at the same time from home, you would beat me to the gig on the 5th too!

I know...:blahblah:

SEE YOU THERE!:wave: :D

Mick (the bass guy) from Elevation Canada here... first of all I hear you guys were spectacular on Saturday, well done, I'd love to have seen you play, and secondly thanks for the kind thought re ITH 2004... we'll be wishing you and our pals in Exit well for your show that night too, assuming we've got any time left over from trying to get all the video we've made to run properly. :)

Mick

TheEdge U2JT said:

....but will be in spirit with our very good friends of Elevation Canada at In To The Heart in Toronto.

yo MICK!

hey BABE!

i'm still contemplating flying out early saturday morning of the 6th... to make it to the main ITH event!!! we'll see how crazy i end up being.... :p

BEST OF LUCK WE LOVE YOU ELEVATION CANADA!!! YOU ROCK MY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gragravar said:
Mick (the bass guy) from Elevation Canada here... first of all I hear you guys were spectacular on Saturday, well done, I'd love to have seen you play, and secondly thanks for the kind thought re ITH 2004... we'll be wishing you and our pals in Exit well for your show that night too, assuming we've got any time left over from trying to get all the video we've made to run properly. :)

Mick

Hey thanks Mick! Best wishes to you and the band and to all who are attending the inTO the Heart festival. We wish we could be there with all you lovely Canadians! Who knows, maybe next year.

God bless and rock em' dead!

Jason.

Bono B. Jones said:

We wish we could be there with all you lovely Canadians! Who knows, maybe next year.

God bless and rock em' dead!

Jason.

Be careful what you wish for! this will be my first trip; I"ll canvass the area for you!!! BAW went last year and had a blast...matter of fact, those photos are floating around here somewhere...

Re: yo MICK!

Look Affa, just come. And bring Cap and Pam with you. And Jason too if he's free. This is the most excited I have ever been about a show and that includes both ITH 2003 *and* our joint show at Cleveland last year. Oh, and bring a spare pair of socks because we're going to try to blow the ones you're wearing off!

Mick

PS: I've just wet myself.

achtung12 said:
hey BABE!

i'm still contemplating flying out early saturday morning of the 6th... to make it to the main ITH event!!! we'll see how crazy i end up being.... :p

BEST OF LUCK WE LOVE YOU ELEVATION CANADA!!! YOU ROCK MY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. BAW said:

Be careful what you wish for! this will be my first trip; I"ll canvass the area for you!!! BAW went last year and had a blast...matter of fact, those photos are floating around here somewhere...

I've seen em' :D

Keep warm Mr. BAW, we don't want any missing digits from frostbite when you return!

we will take care of mr baw

make sure he is all warm and fuzzy....

its never too cold...nothing a little crown royal or canadian club can't fix...

lol

we will make sure to take care of everyone for ITH..

party time.

of wait mr baw is the official host of ITH...he has to take care of everyone...lol

As usual I am a day late and 10 dollars short. Anyway, I had a great time meeting you all. and thanks to everyone who came by and introduced yourselves to me at the AWF booth. Y'all rock!

I have some pics but I can' t upload pics here so I'll have to put them on photobucket and put the link in later.

See ya's.

Oh, JT, I am out of town on Nov 5 but I totally want to see another show when you do one. I was very impressed!

Julie

Oh, JT, I am out of town on Nov 5 but I totally want to see another show when you do one. I was very impressed!

Julie [/B]

Thanks Julie! It'll probably be after the first of the year then. We've got a private party on Nov. 20th, then we're taking Dec. off from playing shows because of the holiday's and I'll be gone the latter half.

We'll let you know once January rolls around.

bonosgirl84 said:

haha,

i'm thinking of 3.5 myself.

:wink:

Wow, 3.5!?!

That's quicker than I thought it would be BG.

We'll make sure it's well worth your long drive, I promise.:sexywink:

See you in a few weeks!

hey oktobergirl! :wave: :hug: i'm wearing my awf t-shirt right now :D

and here is my work of art from the art and craft table :laugh:

i'm such a dork that i had to keep asking allegra and BAW what color was edges guitar, edges shoes, edge's shirt, etc. lol. :reject:

edge_crayons.jpg

Last edited:
Bono B. Jones said:

Wow, 3.5!?!

That's quicker than I thought it would be BG.

We'll make sure it's well worth your long drive, I promise.:sexywink:

See you in a few weeks!

Well, it is depending on how bad traffic is. It seems that for every day that I continue to live in the Golden State, traffic gets ten times worse. My buddy, who lives in Houston, wants me to move there. He was a former San Diego native, like myself. I guess, I will have to go to Houston and find out for myself.

Takasa said:

Well, it is depending on how bad traffic is. It seems that for every day that I continue to live in the Golden State, traffic gets ten times worse. My buddy, who lives in Houston, wants me to move there. He was a former San Diego native, like myself. I guess, I will have to go to Houston and find out for myself.

Well, with Allegra and ABEL down there you'd be in good hands.

Can't say I blame you for wanting to get outta this state, I'd do the same if I could. Maybe will someday.

True, true. I would be in good hands. As much as I love California, the people (non-U2 folk) are just getting more rude and insensitive towards others. All I want to do is got to school, live life, listen to great music and be happy.

Back
Top Bottom