just saw U2 NATION at whiskey Bar !!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clint

The Fly
I saw U2 Nation on Friday at the whiskey bar in hoboken, NJ and they were once again amazing!! The place was wall to wall packed with about 250 people I would say. I think these guys blow away UF without a doubt. Bunch of down to earth guys in the band too..I loved hearing Vertigo.

anyone else check them out????

they were great!

yeah i checked out the fri show and thought U2 Nation kicked ass!! my friends kept talking about them all weekend. Will be there for their next appearence i think in Jan

Hey Tony - It looks like someone in another Tribute is a tad insecure, no? ;-)

Someone called md may also share that ip address... Not that I give a monkey's whether U2Nation are brilliant or not, I hope they are, and if someone wants to promote his/her band here, why not, many others do so. But:

a) every single post I've seen from Clint says exactly the same thing (i.e."I saw U2Nation at the Whiskey, it was packed, they were great, etc. etc."), which is getting a bit dull, and

b) whether or not it's true, surely it is possible to support one band without belittling another...? Not that I have an axe to grind either for or against UF either, who equally may or may not be brilliant (though I have heard from more than one person that they are pretty good), but why UF have to be rubbished in order to praise U2Nation is beyond me. Or vice versa of course.

Last edited:
I agree with gragravar and the distinguished Mr. BAW, there's no need to bash another band. The ones that are good don't need to put down anyone. They stand on their own merits.

I have heard good things about UF, October, Elevation Canada and others on this site as well as my own band. If you're any good, everyone will see it in what fans have posted about your band and the number of responses there are on your thread... to me bashing another band only looks bad for the one DOING the bashing.

Best wishes to my fellow U2 Tribs.....

Chas
The Joshua Tree
www.U2JT.com

Headache in a Suitcase said:
it's all about the music... it doesn't matter who's better. it's not like you're the real band, anyway. it's about celebrating the greatest band in the world. and frankly, clint, constantly taking shots at other bands is going to get you no where on these boards.

:up:

What everyone else said...:yes:

and also to add some things I've learned along the way..

...it's good to keep things in perspective...Internet fan boards are just that, internet fan boards..and I say this NOT to discount the value or significance of the great fans the tributes get support from on this and other sites, and God knows I'm a bit of a blue crack junkie myself :wink: but realistically the people who attend these boards, and the the smaller subset of people who actually post (as opposed to lurk) are an even smaller subset of the huge fan base U2 has nation/worldwide...we're really tiny in comparison to that larger group...

We've played shows in cities and towns across Canada where absolutely no-one in the audience has heard of Interference, U2_GTA, Wire, etc etc...and they're still all great U2 fans who cheer for their favorite music...for that matter I've been to U2 shows where no-one around me was a member of any fan club.

My only point is...threads and numbers of responses on Interference or other boards do not a good band make. So any attempt by a band to elevate themselves on a board by bashing another or getting all their friends to post overblown 'we're the best U2 band to the exclusion of all others' hype about their band is realllly weak, imo. People can't be convinced that you are doing a good job, the music does the talking.

At the same time, and I'm sure the guys I know in U2 tributes feel the same way, we do respect and value unbiased opinions about how us tributes are intepreting the music and very much appreciate feedback from Interferencers, many of whom are also our real life friends/acquaintances.

And anyways, isn't the only valid comparison whether or not the band is doing the music we love, respectful justice?

The barometer is U2, plain and simple.

:wave: at Chas, Jason, Brady, Mick...etc... :)

wow, you guys figured me out.i'm working under cover for u2nation better yet i'm in the band.lol, give me a break. hey i've been out there and have seen many u2 tribute bands. most weren't that good. uf was by far the best then i saw u2nation and liked them better. i can't express my reviews ? i saw u2nation awhile back at a private party and they were terrible and so I stated that on some message boards. big deal. I also hyped up "the joshua tree" awhile back.They're just all a bunch of cover bands that i enjoy reviewing whether it's bashing or praising so lets calm down people. let's not get crazy with every statement i say. ...........I"m going to check out "pride" next week. Anyone know if they're good?

I've seen both u2nation and unforgettable fire.

imo, unforgettable fire was better, primarily due to the vocals (and not just because the guy looks alot like bono).

but one thing to keep in mind: it's extremely difficult to be a u2 tribute band; playing the parts is one thing; "sounding" like them is another.

really? i checked both of them out and like u2nation better. both were good overall.

Has anyone checked out 2u? If so were they any good. I'm gonna go check out u2nation tomorrow night at the whiskey bar, any other u2 tributes playing in the area. When is uf playing next? seeya u2 maniacs. lol...........

I don't know, why am I boosting them> I just thought I was asking a question> oh, you must be that funny guy that boost uf and puts up thepr pics. pretty cool. so when are they playing next since you probably manage them. I would like to check them out again.

yea but I heard hes hot because its hot out there.... ya know that has to be the worst comeback ever :)

Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom