Just moved from Texas to North Carolina...I don't know any U2 fans here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kilikina778

The Fly
Hi guys!

I recently moved from Corpus Christi, TX to western North Carolina, about an hour from Charlotte. I was hoping to find some U2 fans out here. I left all my Texas U2 buddies behind. :(

I gotta have SOMEONE to talk to when I'm standing in line (if they do the GA thing again). Hooray!

-Christine

Kilikina, I'm in Wilmington - about 3.5 hrs away, on the coast - but I'm always on the lookout for NC U2 fans!! Welcome to the Tar Heel State! :wave:

I know there's at least 2 other NC fans registered here... both guys, if I remember right. One in Charlotte & one in Raleigh. I realize that info might be more helpful if I actually knew their screen names, but I am, sadly, unable to retrieve those tidbits from the wasteland of my mind.... :shrug: :D

The good news though - based on rumors right now, mind you - is that we won't miss the boys here in NC. They're supposed to play either Chapel Hill (which would be about a 2.5 hr drive for you, I'm guessing) OR!!! -- they'll play the Coliseum in Charlotte again, as in 2001!!!! Either way, maybe we can meet up & gather in name of Interference (AKA The Blue Crack)!! :yes: :up:

I'm in Charlotte, I go to Queens University, great little school! My AIM is U2jer, for obvious reasons;)
-Jeremy

I go to NCSU. "Tar Heel State," my ass.

But yeah, we should meet up when the boys tour.

I am just over the border in South Carolina in Clemson. I am grad student at clemson university. I am definately want people to talk to if the GA thing happens again because all my friends really don't llike U2.

Hooray!

I'm so glad there are U2 fans here! I hope everything is okay with the band and their families, and I hope the tour kicks off soon. Actually, a little delay works out good for me because I am pregnant with my first baby and due ANY day now.

Let's hope they schedule one for this area! I wasn't sure if Charlotte was a regular stop for them or not. I'm so used to knowing all about the Texas shows.

Anyway, I'm happy to meet you all and hope to see you soon!

-Christine

aldamon said:
Did the venues in NC piss off U2 or something?
Shuh! That's what I'd like to know... I was really counting on seeing them here at home & meeting lots of regional fans. So much for those plans, huh? :|

My wife and I saw them four times during Elevation. We saw them together in Charlotte, D.C., and Baltimore and I saw them in Chicago and she saw the DVD show in Boston. This time it looks like we'll be shut out. The D.C. shows are in the middle of the week, the ONE show in Altanta is too far to drive, and I struck out on Philly.

The only thing that gives me hope is this:

18th November Atlanta - Philips Arena
25th November Ottawa - Corel Centre

That's quite a gap, but it's proabably there so they can get to Canada :(

On a happier note, we scored 2nd-row Center for Velvet Revolver in Raleigh today and the tickets were $100 combined. Nice.

Last edited:
DC

I went ahead and got GA tickets for the two DC shows. My parents live in Elizabeth City, so I'll just drive from there.

I was really hoping they'd come to Charlotte! But oh well. Just a longer drive for me.

-Christine

We ended up getting Saturday 10/8 MSG tickets during the general sale. We recognize this is a desperate move, but what the hell right? Hopefully they'll add an NC date after the Atlanta shows. It makes no sense that NC, SC, VA, KY, and TN all get shut out.

I mostly lurk here, but I am in eastern NC, near Goldsboro. Never been to a U2 concert, I hope I can get tix for Charlotte, I am so excited! Nice to see other Carolina fans here. :)

la la

*smacking head against wall*

Why oh why did I use my presale codes for DC???

I suppose I never thought they'd add Charlotte this late in the game. *sigh*

Guess I'll try for tickets on Saturday with the rest of the herd. :) MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

-Christine

I'll be on the phone, on the 'Net, have Mr. Blu on the phone & a friend IN LINE at a Ticketbastard outlet Saturday morning!! :ohmy: My begging/pleading/praying has paid off - THEY'RE PLAYING NC!!! - and I refused to be shutout this time!! :D

Back
Top Bottom