JT in the OC? December Gatherings! - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-03-2006, 11:07 AM   #121
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 319
Local Time: 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230


The Joshua Tree band was not performing at Santa Anita Park on Opening Day, the day after Christmas. I've spoken with the band as well as checked with the Park to confirm this. I don't know what performer or band you are referring to or who you might think "JT" stands for. I just thought I would clarify, especially for any band fans or family out there who might be confused.

Happy New Year!! JT is ready to come back real soon, folks!
It was probably a cover of the cover band, it sure looked like them though. But a similar band played at Verona's sports bar at Santa Anita track on Opening Day, I really could care less if you believe me or not, I'm just putting it out there. Call Verona's, since you're hot on the trail, I'm sure they can put the fire out.
__________________

__________________
techfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:33 PM   #122
Refugee
 
Allegra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
Posts: 2,027
Local Time: 05:36 AM
That sounds like a challenge there Kren
__________________

__________________
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 12:34 AM   #123
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where the beer flows like wine...
Posts: 4,528
Local Time: 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by techfire


It was probably a cover of the cover band, it sure looked like them though. But a similar band played at Verona's sports bar at Santa Anita track on Opening Day, I really could care less if you believe me or not, I'm just putting it out there. Call Verona's, since you're hot on the trail, I'm sure they can put the fire out.

wtf...?
whats with the attitude?

Back up man, theres no need for that shit here.
__________________
Night & Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:35 AM   #124
Refugee
 
Allegra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
Posts: 2,027
Local Time: 05:36 AM


This thread is alive!
__________________
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:39 AM   #125
Refugee
 
Allegra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
Posts: 2,027
Local Time: 05:36 AM
Oh, and to those people out in Cali...


HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!!!





__________________
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:58 AM   #126
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 319
Local Time: 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by night_and_day66



wtf...?
whats with the attitude?

Back up man, theres no need for that shit here.
Easy guy, no attitude here. I was putting out friendly info out there, but some U2 fans take things rather personal, does it really matter if it was thee cover band or not. Someone went to the trouble to call the park to confirm my story, then come back here and basically call me out, is it really that important? Not really.
__________________
techfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:04 AM   #127
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 319
Local Time: 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Allegra
Oh, and to those people out in Cali...


HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!!!





How do you circumsize a Texan...you kick his sister in the jaw.

GO USC!!!!!!!
__________________
techfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:47 AM   #128
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 433
Local Time: 02:36 AM
Wow so much fodder for me to toy with......
first off:

"How do you circumsize a Texan...you kick his sister in the jaw.

GO USC!!!!!!!"

sorry Allegra but I had to laugh.

secondly: n&d.....dude youre a guy? lmao!!!!

and lastly, I am not disputing that there may have been a U2 tribute band playing at Veronas nor am I disputing that there may be several different bands named Joshua Tree or "JT".

but I am the Bass Player for THE Joshua Tree based in Southern California found at U2JT.com and we havnt played anywhere since like December 3rd since we have all been on vacation and such.

And God forbid theres another band that looks like us, the planet can only handle so much fugly, ok?

hope that clears up the confusion
__________________
Adam's Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 12:26 PM   #129
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where the beer flows like wine...
Posts: 4,528
Local Time: 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by techfire


Easy guy, no attitude here. I was putting out friendly info out there, but some U2 fans take things rather personal, does it really matter if it was thee cover band or not. Someone went to the trouble to call the park to confirm my story, then come back here and basically call me out, is it really that important? Not really.
all woman here... and more, thanks.
Anyone here want to dispute it?
__________________
Night & Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:44 PM   #130
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!
 
Carek1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: wishing I was somewhere else....
Posts: 114,571
Local Time: 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by techfire


It was probably a cover of the cover band, it sure looked like them though. But a similar band played at Verona's sports bar at Santa Anita track on Opening Day, I really could care less if you believe me or not, I'm just putting it out there. Call Verona's, since you're hot on the trail, I'm sure they can put the fire out.


I was the one who made a few phone calls to find out whether JT, the REAL JT band played or not, because I am not one to post BS or open mouth insert foot unlike some people. I also was curious since the band are friends of mine.

As for you, pal....calm down a bit. As has been said, no need to get all riled up here. I was not calling anyone out, simply getting the story straight.

Carry on............

and don't make me or my friends come back here all kung fu on your arse.
__________________
Carek1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:59 PM   #131
Blue Crack Addict
 
RedRocksU2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Murrieta, CA.
Posts: 26,437
Local Time: 03:36 AM
Carek....kung fu..............sweeeeet!


BTW...N&D....ALL woman!
__________________
RedRocksU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:10 PM   #132
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 319
Local Time: 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230




I was the one who made a few phone calls to find out whether JT, the REAL JT band played or not, because I am not one to post BS or open mouth insert foot unlike some people. I also was curious since the band are friends of mine.

As for you, pal....calm down a bit. As has been said, no need to get all riled up here. I was not calling anyone out, simply getting the story straight.

Carry on............

and don't make me or my friends come back here all kung fu on your arse.
No one is riled up, and I guess I could've called the race track to confirm the band name as well, but I was busy doing more important things. You asked me if I knew what JT stood for, come on now, don't take this so seriously...it's a cover band. Yes I'm sure they're very good and they're friends of yours, but a simple "I don't think it was them" response would've worked.
__________________
techfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 05:06 PM   #133
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!
 
Carek1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: wishing I was somewhere else....
Posts: 114,571
Local Time: 02:36 AM
__________________
Carek1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 05:14 PM   #134
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!
 
Carek1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: wishing I was somewhere else....
Posts: 114,571
Local Time: 02:36 AM
oh yeah and ewe, I don't care for USC.
__________________
Carek1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 05:27 PM   #135
Blue Crack Addict
 
Doozer61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Setting up house on Scooter's Star
Posts: 20,218
Local Time: 02:36 AM
__________________

__________________
Doozer61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com