Joshua Tree trip III (2012): Return of the Crackers - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-01-2011, 12:10 AM   #31
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,730
Local Time: 05:06 AM


Especially if that would mean I FINALLY get to meet the BAWs, after so many thwarted attempts.
__________________

__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:31 AM   #32
BAW
The Flower
 
BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: The OC....!!!!
Posts: 11,094
Local Time: 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beegee View Post
I would, for sure.

Sounds like we need a BAWBQ

You know, it really has been WAY too long, hasn't it?
__________________

__________________
BAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:34 AM   #33
BAW
The Flower
 
BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: The OC....!!!!
Posts: 11,094
Local Time: 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post


Especially if that would mean I FINALLY get to meet the BAWs, after so many thwarted attempts.
I know, it's liking something in the universe has been conspiring to keep us from meeting you. Well not this time universe





__________________
BAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:51 AM   #34
Neon Zebra
 
beegee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: southern nevada
Posts: 10,590
Local Time: 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAW View Post
You know, it really has been WAY too long, hasn't it?
Waaaay too long
__________________
beegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:37 AM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Edge_Orchestra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: * The Edge's Guitar Storage Room *
Posts: 8,562
Local Time: 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beegee View Post
I would, for sure.

Sounds like we need a BAWBQ
BawBQ, happens
__________________
Edge_Orchestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Edge_Orchestra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: * The Edge's Guitar Storage Room *
Posts: 8,562
Local Time: 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post


Especially if that would mean I FINALLY get to meet the BAWs, after so many thwarted attempts.
They are BAW-tastic. Some might even say BAW-riffic.
__________________
Edge_Orchestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict
 
zuropa_fit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: burning up on re-entry
Posts: 24,953
Local Time: 06:06 AM

Jan/Feb is tough for me since that's performance time for my kids and race time for me. But then again so is March/April. I think I'll just watch the thread and see what hapens. Maybe in November some of the people traveling farther can throw out some actual dates. My vote would be for May 5th, but that might be too hot. I also don't want to intrude on Comet & Mot's Girl Getaway Weekend.

If I recall correctly, it takes about 3 hours to get out to the tree from the diner where we meet (in Chino Hills or something, right? Ontario?) and then yeah, it was another maybe 2 hours to Zabriskie Pt, but there was the blind fog and SNOW (and shoddy brakes and bald tires) to contend with so I think I was driving a little slower than normal.

The real question in all of this is... could we find the tree without Mr.Comet?
__________________
zuropa_fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #38
BAW
The Flower
 
BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: The OC....!!!!
Posts: 11,094
Local Time: 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge_Orchestra View Post
They are BAW-tastic. Some might even say BAW-riffic.
__________________
BAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #39
Neon Zebra
 
beegee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: southern nevada
Posts: 10,590
Local Time: 05:06 AM
You and Rick should buy one of the claws after the tour and start having CLAWBQs
__________________
beegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #40
BAW
The Flower
 
BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: The OC....!!!!
Posts: 11,094
Local Time: 05:06 AM
omg mindy!
__________________
BAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #41
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bonocomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California :)
Posts: 67,032
Local Time: 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beegee View Post
You and Rick should buy one of the claws after the tour and start having CLAWBQs
we could all pitch in a few bucks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by zuropa_fit View Post

Jan/Feb is tough for me since that's performance time for my kids and race time for me. But then again so is March/April. I think I'll just watch the thread and see what hapens. Maybe in November some of the people traveling farther can throw out some actual dates. My vote would be for May 5th, but that might be too hot. I also don't want to intrude on Comet & Mot's Girl Getaway Weekend.

If I recall correctly, it takes about 3 hours to get out to the tree from the diner where we meet (in Chino Hills or something, right? Ontario?) and then yeah, it was another maybe 2 hours to Zabriskie Pt, but there was the blind fog and SNOW (and shoddy brakes and bald tires) to contend with so I think I was driving a little slower than normal.

The real question in all of this is... could we find the tree without Mr.Comet?

Zooey you ought to be a pro at finding that tree by now.

And no way would you be intruding! We invited Jeff didn't we? And besides Mr Comet wants to go again too. Has Mr. Zoo ever wanted to go on one of these adventures?
__________________
bonocomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:16 AM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Edge_Orchestra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: * The Edge's Guitar Storage Room *
Posts: 8,562
Local Time: 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beegee View Post
You and Rick should buy one of the claws after the tour and start having CLAWBQs
A Baw Claw? Hell to the Yeah!
__________________
Edge_Orchestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:07 AM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
FitzChivalry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
Posts: 6,300
Local Time: 06:06 AM
I would like to go, but I don't want to be greedy. I've already been twice, on two wonderful group trips. So I would give up my spot so that someone who has never been before can go.

But I will still be at the breakfast! You can't get rid of me that easily.
__________________
FitzChivalry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #44
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,730
Local Time: 05:06 AM
I'm up for a JT trip as long as there are other activities as well where everyone (who lives remotely near there, wants to come, and CAN come) can hang out, too.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #45
Blue Crack Addict
 
RedRocksU2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Murrieta, CA.
Posts: 26,437
Local Time: 06:06 AM
Actually, after reading Ethan's post...I feel the same way, i'll sit this one out to let other take the trip and not make such a big group.
__________________

__________________
RedRocksU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com