Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What month works better for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
Well, this was briefly discussed a couple of days ago by a few of us here in Interference and I was wondering if anyone else would like to participate in a road trip to Death Valley National Park, to the original location of the Joshua Tree.
This will most likely happen on either January or February, on a Sunday.
Some of you might have visited the location before, I have not and from what I hear, it's truly worth the drive.
Below are some notes about the location and the history behind the tree itself;

jt_foldout_small.jpg

"The Joshua tree itself used to be located in the middle of the California desert just outside Death Valley National Park. But in October, 2000, fans discovered that the tree had fallen over. (see below) It appeared to be a natural fall, not the result of vandalism. The photo on the actual front album cover of The Joshua Tree was taken at Zabriskie Point in Death Valley, California. Photos appearing in the various Joshua Tree tourbooks and other promotional pictures from this era were shot at The Harmony Motel, which is southern California's Joshua Tree National Park; at other random locations in the southern California desert in and around Death Valley; and at the historic ghost town of Bodie, California, on the eastern side of the Sierra Nevada mountains north of Mammoth Lakes, California."

u2_JT2007_color2.jpg

U2_JT2007_color6.jpg

:hmm: Might be cold, but might not be bad. I went Jan. last year and it was nice! By noon, no jackets were needed.

:)

TheJoshuaTreeJan182008Cathleen1.jpg

wish I'd seen it still standing. Martha you have a great pic of you and the tree.

You also have to listen to the silence out there too... have everyone stop talking, walking, moving... it's deafening, and awesome. :up:

6 hour drive for me... I could pick up BonoFox1 and dgluvsu2 in LA... :hmm:

not sure about overnighting yet... maybe just a day trip for me... depends what everyone else does tho!

(BonoFox where are ya!)

Yeah, probably just a day thing.
Our plans were to meet up at Ontario Mills Mall around 8am, to leave some of the cars there and then carpool to the location.
We could have breakfast at a diner on the way there :drool:

What an awesome idea for a gathering. :love: I would so love to see the Joshua ( or whats left of it :sad: ) Sadly, i live on the wrong continent to be able to go. :sigh::sad: I will make it one day though. Take loads of pics for me and have fun everyone. :)

Back
Top Bottom