Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What month works better for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This reminded me of something I discovered last night. I used to love the outdoors... especially the ocean and desert. I think this trip provided me with the motivation I needed to get in shape. I want to get out there.

By the way, I'm gonna start loading my pictures up here in a bit. First I need to see if my photobucket account still works. I'm locked out of my flickr :sad:

Did you make it to work on time?

I didn't know I was going to have off of work until last Wed. Plus I didn't have anyone at home that would drive with me "just to look at a tree." I think it would freak me out to drive through the desert alone without any cell phone reception. I'll get to the tree one day....

We should go to JTNP in March. I'll make sure I have time off and can find a travel buddy for the road.

If you're still in AZ, I might...

I have a short vid of the ranger saying we can't take his picture :giggle: but I don't know how to upload it to youtube or anything. Also, does anyone know if you can make a youtube video 'private'? I don't wanna get him in trouble!

Did you make it to work on time?

Yes I did, thank you. I made it with a little bit of spare time to relax a little after that drive. By the way it was very nice meeting you and everyone else. :wave: Hopefully we'll all see each other again during the tour!

I have a short vid of the ranger saying we can't take his picture :giggle: but I don't know how to upload it to youtube or anything. Also, does anyone know if you can make a youtube video 'private'? I don't wanna get him in trouble!

Ya... I don't think they can be privitized. He seemed generally concerned that his picture might be taken. He was a good guy, let's not get him in trouble.

W-O-W . . . .looks like you all had a truly fantabulous time . . . scuse me while I go beat the green eyed monster into submission :D

thanks for sharing all your photos :heart: and memories, can't wait to hear / see more soon

:wave: :)

one of these days I'll get my little (?) antipodean ass over there and see it all for myself :yes:

Cleasai again...:lol:
IMG_1963.jpg

:lol: :heart:

Great pics! Looks like you guys had a blast.

You all look like you had a great and memorable visit to the 'real' Joshua Tree. I wish I had joined you on Sunday. However, I've taken the liberty of posting a couple of crowd shots from my perspective at Romano's on Saturday night. You are a great and enthusiastic crowd and we share your enthusiasm for the great music of U2. Stay well and we'll see you soon.

Best wishes to you all in 2009!

- Scott

HPIM2963.jpg

HPIM2962.jpg

one more from the trip. If we'd taken bigger vehicles it might not have taken us so long to get out there and back, but we're all concerned about the environment.

IMG_4729.jpg

Back
Top Bottom