Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What month works better for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:)
Breakfast at Mel's was good.
Cheeto's, red vines and cashews for snacks were good.
Champagne for lunch :up:
Dinner at Chevy's :up::up::up::up:

Wow, looks like a great time was had by all. Great pics everyone. Sorry we couldn't be there. Just quite a distance for us. As MrBaw had previously asked, how long did it take to get there, back, etc. (see a few pages back).

And who's having a baby? :scratch:

I think it was about 3 hours to get there from Ontario, and about 85 hours to get back from the tree to Ontario - give or take a half-hour.

that sounds like it was definitely too far for me to travel
whew.gif
:wink:

Ok, here's a few from my camera;

On the way there with Fitz, Dev and Zuropafit.
IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1935.jpg

IMG_1937.jpg

The copper plaque...and a little tribute to our friends from Joshua Tree.
IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

some of the ladies;
IMG_1947.jpg

Dev entering some thoughts into the time capsule thingy..
IMG_1950.jpg

Cleasai;
IMG_1939.jpg

I love this next one;
IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

Cleasai again...:lol:
IMG_1963.jpg

The now famous Ranger;
IMG_1964.jpg

IMG_1965.jpg

The red Vertigo "V"????
IMG_1962.jpg
:hmm:

Dev entering some thoughts into the time capsule thingy..
IMG_1950.jpg

Wow.

I can tell by looking at it (and also by the fact that I can see her name at the top) that you are looking at a message my daughter wrote in the back of the notebook last year in May when my family took a trip out to the tree.

She was fourteen at the time and has grown up hearing U2 her whole life. The Vertigo tour in Phoenix was her first concert. I knew she had written in the notebook but she wouldn't let me read it. That's pretty cool to see you sitting there with it in your hand.

I hope it didn't say anything outrageous :reject:

wow, is right.....I believe that it says; "My mom always makes me listen to U2 music.....":lol:

omg Mindy, if this is her.....:applaud:

^I loved that entry. BG, was that your daughter's entry? It never ceases to amaze me how small the U2 world is.

Great pictures Carlos! And the drive back did seem to take about 10 times longer than the drive to the tree.

wow, is right.....I believe that it says; "My mom always makes me listen to U2 music.....":lol:

omg Mindy, if this is her.....:applaud:

It's definitely her message. I can see her name at the top, it says "Chelsea" a few inches above Dev's right thumb. She wrote it on the inside of the back cardboard of the notebook, I remember that, and at the bottom she wrote something like "now I know I'm not the only one staring at the sun."

The one that says "My mom always makes me listen..." would be hers instead of "My parents forced me to..." because I've been a single mom almost her whole life.

I showed the picture to her earlier and she was like, OMG! :lol:

Being out in all that space definitely made me appreciate the out-of-doors a little more. Amanda, I'd be in for a trip to the park in March.

This reminded me of something I discovered last night. I used to love the outdoors... especially the ocean and desert. I think this trip provided me with the motivation I needed to get in shape. I want to get out there.

By the way, I'm gonna start loading my pictures up here in a bit. First I need to see if my photobucket account still works. I'm locked out of my flickr :sad:

Yeah, I can see what you mean by "discovering" the desert again.

Those moments where we all stood quiet to listen to the wind blow by our ears were incredible.

Dude, that was amazing. I just walked in the door and don't have time to post pics or anything yet but I just want to say what an amazing time I had and that I loved meeting everyone. Thank you for sharing this experience with me. :hug:

Recognizing and waving to Comet and Fox as they came in the side door of Romano's :hyper:

:hyper: sooooo :applaud:

I meant to tell you to tell your friend it was nice meeting her and talking to her at breakfast too and thanks for getting you over to us and all that stuff!

Back
Top Bottom