Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What month works better for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
'k. I'll probably fly in Saturday afternoon, hang with my friend, we'll join you at Romano's and then I'll have her drop me off Sunday morning at the mall. I think someone mentioned a caravan out to the JT so I'm assuming I can sneak into someone's back seat. :wink:

Btw, Romano's has good food there, but if you guys want to get together before for dinner and a bottle of wine at another restaurant, we should make some plans as well.

No, that was a billiard hall in Ontario...Romano's is at Alessandro and Canyon Crest, Riverside, just south of UC Riverside...very easy to find.

Were you at that event also???? there were so many of us there, including Beegee, Abel, Allegra, AdamsWildHoney, ARW, Kariann, Schmeg...that was one full event!

OH yeah!!! I was there very early in the morning till the eve!!! Got a pic with BPFallon and and autograph....lots of cool pics that were on sale too :)

:mad: Man, one day U2's gonna' do something cool in the Southeast & then I won't have to miss all the fun stuff! *pout*

:wink:

As usual, I respectfully request the posting of photographic evidence when the activities have closed. :)

Is anyone that is planning on going on Sunday planning on getting a hotel on Sat night? I think Rachel I will will just stay in Ontario that night. If there are enough people interested, I can check with some of the places about a group rate.

We've already got a room booked at one of the Marriott's (across from Ontario Mills mall) but I'd listen to a group rate price....

You guys are doing it all wrong.

JT should play in Vegas the night before. There are plenty of hotels in Vegas - one for every budget - and a major airport mere minutes away from those hotels. Plus, when you drive to the tree from THIS side you get to see most of Death Valley - including Zabriske Point - where the cover of the Joshua Tree album was shot.

Silly Californians :wink:

You guys are doing it all wrong.

JT should play in Vegas the night before. There are plenty of hotels in Vegas - one for every budget - and a major airport mere minutes away from those hotels. Plus, when you drive to the tree from THIS side you get to see most of Death Valley - including Zabriske Point - where the cover of the Joshua Tree album was shot.

Silly Californians :wink:

Now that makes some sense.... :hmm:

Me too. :)

Sitting at the counter having breakfast, reading the newspaper, having coffee.
ahh, the simple pleasures in life.

Hey Chas, question for ya (I am using this thread, since most of us will be attending the JT performance the day before the roadtrip); have you heard the "New Year's Day (USA Remix)" version from the WAR remastered edition CD?
This version, made me love this song again.

I could totally see you guys playing it that way.
Just a thought.:)

Back
Top Bottom