Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What month works better for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We are going to come for the JT show the night before! (If we can get a hotel that night that is...) so, where is everyone staying/best place to stay in that area?

awesome!

I hope it does not rain or snow, this would probably have to be cancelled?

I'm not going to be able to make it. There's been some reorganizing at work and I'm now working on an additional magazine, so will have to cover CES for them that weekend. I am very bummed but work has to come first (especially now).

:(

Although the roads are paved the area around the tree itself is, of course, not. As a reminder for us all please note it is a delicate environment out there. Keep a "tread lightly" mentality.

Wish I could join y'all! After being off of work for two years, I'm trying to catch up on some bills. I'm back teaching now, so who knows. But with the tour coming soon, I'm hoping U2JT will do something similar like during the Vertigo tour. You know...kill two birds with one stone. That would be nice.

:wink:

I'm still trying to figure out if I can go to this. I definitely can't go on Sat night but might be able to talk my roommates into getting up really early on Sun and meeting everyone in Ontario or wherever the meeting spot is. I'm sure it's been posted but can anyone tell me how far away is the place we're going to from Ontario. I need some sort of estimated arrival time back in Phx and try to determine if an overnight stay somewhere on Sun night would be required.

I'm sure it's been posted but can anyone tell me how far away is the place we're going to from Ontario. I need some sort of estimated arrival time back in Phx and try to determine if an overnight stay somewhere on Sun night would be required.

It will be about a three-hour drive from Ontario to Joshua Tree. Would it maybe be easier for you to meet us in the desert? I think this is definitely something Mr. BAW can help us figure out.

Can I attend the CES show?

I think we might be in need of a spare booth babe. Interested? ;)

It's a couple hours from Ontario to the tree. I think even someone mentioned it somewhere within this thread. It might have even been Mr BAW cuz he is so good about that type of information. :up:

According to Mapquest, it's just about three hours from Ontario to Olancha.

Olancha is the last town you go through to get to the tree.

According to Mapquest, it's just about three hours from Ontario to Olancha.

Olancha is the last town you go through to get to the tree.

thanks that helped....and sort of answered my question. I did a map from home to this town. Too far to drive from Phx and then back in one day. So an overnight trip would be needed. I'll have to see if I can talk anyone at home into this or not....

Back
Top Bottom